The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion for aiding Visually Impaired Warframe players

A while back, Warframe allowed players to mark allies (other players, or their Sentinels, Kubrows etc) so that they were easier for people with poor eyesight or who were visually impaired (My wife found this especially helpful as she is partially sighted).  But, for quite a while now, this feature has been unavailable, as some people didn't like the markers being visible for everyone, plus it took away your ability to mark things for your teammates if you had it locked up marking a person, so we understand why it was removed

We have thought about this for a while, and thought of a simple (relatively speaking) solution that could be enabled in the settings menu.  Have a coloured outline for your teammates and pets (allowing folks to choose what colour, how bright etc, whether it was visible through walls or not), this would allow folks who can see well enough to play (but maybe struggle to see downed teammates, or struggle to cast abilities on their teammates) to be able to see their teammates easily.  I think it would also be fairly useful for some newer players who also seem to have an issue distinguishing friend from foe... the amount of time I spend saying "No... that is me you are shooting" does get amusing at times

I appreciate that this is a fairly niche problem that doesn't affect a lot of people, but it would certainly help more than hinder, especially if it was in the settings menu as an option

Let me know if anyone has any other ideas regarding accessibility for disabled folks.

Honestly I've always been surprised that WF doesnt have any form of enemy or friendly outline setting, like the type you can see in games like GW2, Diablo 3 and so on. So yeah I support this idea even if it is only for players, pets and so on. I would personally love an option for a red outline for enemies (obviously not seen through walls).

And if this can help visually impaired players all the more reason to add it.

On 2022-05-18 at 11:12 AM, SneakyErvin said:

Honestly I've always been surprised that WF doesnt have any form of enemy or friendly outline setting, like the type you can see in games like GW2, Diablo 3 and so on. So yeah I support this idea even if it is only for players, pets and so on. I would personally love an option for a red outline for enemies (obviously not seen through walls).

And if this can help visually impaired players all the more reason to add it.

I swear an outline would be so helpful for me, i can barely see grineer far away cause they "camouflage" with the environment. I've always wondered why this game didn't have one since i started playing :( I'm pretty sure a lot of people share the same thought

Sounds stupid but I swear the biggest reason why Nyx is my most played warframe is because she "tags" enemies with her 3 lol

Archived