Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In search of what has come to pass (Prologue and gauge of interest)

AlendasNaro

'Never imagined that research project topic would be pushed on to me. Well, orders are orders. It can not be as bad many believe even if it isn't in my area of expertise' Miraley thought almost audibly as she walked a hallway of a upper level of Kronia relay towards the lift and approaches the barrier wall console. Starts typing the password to return back to main level. She started reading the research assignment (I am to research about something called Aurora blank... It seems whatever I have been assigned to research. Grineer and Corpus have been quite thorough on erasing or keeping all of the information that we have no idea what the second word is only thing I have is word Aurora. Apparently, probably something akin to a syndicate) Miraley thought.

She finished typing the password and walked through the doorway where the barrier wall used to be and stepped on to an elevator as the barrier wall reappeared. Miraley took the elevator down as she arrived on the main level and went around the corner to go through the main hall of this level where Baro Ki'Teer every now and then is. As she was getting closer of the middle door to the place she did hear some kind of discontented discussion coming from behind the door. Her target of focus changed when she heard 'Mercenary, you better be on your best behavior. Low lives like you have a bad reputation' somebody said difficult to ascertain who.

'By the wind, stop bothering me. I already know, I have spite myself enough with you adding to it' a male voice said but this is familiar voice to Miraley, she has heard this voice once before. While yes, he definitely has a typical mercenary aura about him but it is very obvious to her that this man has borders, mind of a something more noble and guts of a human who never quaked when under fire instead thrives. She stopped paying attention on the HUD overlay showing her research assignment information and stepped through the door that opened. Revealing a scene of the "mercenary" and Steel Meridian member. Mercenary has turned to this member of Meridian on his right. Allowing the opposite to see the front of the helmet better.

Fish bowl would be the rough around the edges way to describe it. Rest of the armor, certainly gives off Corpus handiwork but design is very off from the usual Corpus style. It has far more to do with human military element or just mercenary feel about it. "Mercenary" noticed Miraley looking at both of them. Him and the Meridian member. Radou Elten, the "mercenary" made a quick look on the Trinity Prime. Recognizing this Tenno but his feelings are mixed about how situation has evolved. (I would have preferred to have some time for myself for at least a while) he thought. Tenno motioned him to follow and the Meridian to move on.

He just gave a deep nod and followed Miraley. Well, at least the Meridian let him be. Which is certainly something positive after dealing with so much stuff he would have rather have skipped mostly because it involved him with matters, he almost detests outwardly. They both went to upper level hallway kept closed by the barrier wall. Once it reappeared 'There we go, we can now speak one on one' Miraley said 'Good morning to you too Miraley' Radou said 'Trying to take a break from the detestable elements of mercenary work?' Miraley asked 'Yes, I have a feeling you have bad news for me' Radou said with some lack of energy in his words 'Technically yes but also no' Miraley said.

'Well, what do you have in mind ma'am?' Radou said bringing the formality and discipline back in to his voice 'I am engaging in research work of something called Aurora blank and I wouldn't mind hiring somebody of your caliber in infiltration, translation and ciphering capabilities while your sharpshooter capabilities might come handy when we are done with initial research' Miraley said 'Well, at least some time away from traveling' Radou said sounding slightly tired but interested on this deal 'Let's fill the paper work and discuss' Miraley said and Radou pulled out his mini computer.

They discussed quite a while. They both agreed that more people are required for this research, terms of command and many other important details. Which most will be kept between the two and by permission from Radou certain details will be disclosed but there are some that are open information for the team. After two hours of discussion where Radou finally felt at least far better than when he arrived and with the scene before he got to meet Miraley again. It is almost taboo for Tenno to hire a mercenary but for this kind of work. Ciphering, translation and infiltration will be very welcoming change of pace for at least two days but both estimated that at least three days they will spend on foundation research and waiting for the team to gain more members.

'As far as I know, Aurora... Whatever it was. Used to be something like a syndicate several years back then before the Tenno were awakened. They had some kind of code they lived by but that's about it' Radou said 'Well, it is something at least. When you have nothing' Miraley said sounding somewhat disappointed but understanding why Radou wouldn't care and individual never had motivation to research something like this. 'I will go speak with some of my contacts and see what they got. I promise I won't get into trouble. I will keep my mouth shut' Radou said 'Well, considering that I pulled you here. It is unlikely they are going to bother you again' Miraley said normally.

(I will make separate thread for actual RP and OOC. This is partly to gauge interest to hop in to something like this and as an prologue of the RP to come if there is enough people interested)

Archived