New war quest is awful and ruined the game

Been playing off and on for years. Made the mistake of starting New War Quest. Now stuck in awful mechanics, torturous objectives, and trying to fight bosses with some crap character that moves and jumps like he’s wearing lead shoes. Can’t back out of this trainwreck. Game ruined. Locked out of the game I loved to play. Permanent lock into a terrible quest. Years of play lost (MR 18). You ruined a great game. Uninstalled. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

... Failing on basic movement system must be a very hard achievement to complete if you don't have serious physical disabilities... But, if you want to keep it uninstalled instead of having a friend offering physical help, suit yourself...

... I think the quest is actually doing its intended role... 🤣

Edited by Uhkretor
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, (PSN)Mokarran said:

Now stuck in awful mechanics, torturous objectives, and trying to fight bosses with some crap character that moves and jumps like he’s wearing lead shoes. Can’t back out of this trainwreck.

Next time READ

Spoiler

FGpob7EXoAYgKbH?format=jpg&name=4096x409

1 hour ago, (PSN)Mokarran said:

You ruined a great game. Uninstalled. 

Nah, what came after was much worst.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

... Failing on basic movement system must be a very hard achievement to complete if you don't have serious physical disabilities... But, if you want to keep it uninstalled instead of having a friend offering physical help, suit yourself...

... I think the quest is actually doing its intended role... 🤣

If that's the case then I wish DE would Hurry up and Dial Up the difficulty Already so they can drive me out aswell....

I don't want to get anymore invested if this the Hill DE wants to Die on.

They do warn you about that...

but yeah, codex missions have been garbage for so many years, and all the writing has gone into the dumpster. What's the point of forcing people into single player only content in a multiplayer focused game? Dumb.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Honestly the more cinematic story telling is fantastic, and would be ruined by having other players doing goofy stuff or telling you spoilers while you're trying to stay immersed in the story. I'm sure DE play tested non solo story missions at some point, and made the decision to move them to solo pretty fast when they viewed what the average multiplayer story mission in a MMO style game is like. If you're gonna have story heavy moments in this kind of game, it just makes sense to have them solo, and it's nice to have a variety of gameplay content.

The New War really does need someway to get through it (or exit it) if you're unable to get through the content however. Maybe it needs a moment like in the first Shenmue where if you fail the stealth section of trying to get into the warehouse enough times, the game eventually gives you a free pass by having an NPC step in who helps you out in a cut scene. The difficulty of The New War is thematically appropriate, and it wouldn't have the same impact if it was too easy, but it would also suck to be stuck in a section of content that wasn't the norm for the game either. Hopefully DE can work in a way that allows progression without taking away the feel of the story at the same time.

Edited by Jimmuhboy
  • Like 2

imma be real with you, it was pretty buggy, weird loading zones failing, kill zones in the story region that just exists in random spots, fights that are not immediately understandable, no void movement

but like, I think its expected for this to be a buggy mess at first. and imma be extra real, anyone who has been playing for a year should know that new updates are going to be a buggy mess, I mean no offense to DE but every update simply just has things that slips by (like soft locking progression bugs -_- causing me to reset a new war mission multiple times)

the difficulty for the boss fights aren't really hard at all, they simply are very confusing to understand at first with certain mechanics (or bugs)
I legit just run around probably get hit like, twenty times and then heal it with a stim.
movement wise its literally just spamming roll and sprint, there is almost no parkour untill you have to use your warframe so I have no idea with what you mean by bad movement (unless we are talking about the replaced void dash)

But story wise I loved the whole thing in the new war, the story concept was great. going as tenshin, veso, or khal was a new experience for me
yeah it dragged on, yeah it was a buggy mess, but hey I made it out of the new war in once piece

Advice I would give? give a big update like this a week or two, the most annoying/game breaking bugs will go away in that time
dont want to wait? sure go in, but just be prepared to quit out of the story mission, retry it again (several times) until you manage to finally complete the buggy quest

Its either you go in prepared for a buggy, glitchy mess of a quest or wait until the bug fixes come out (or read the warning at that)

1 hour ago, Jimmuhboy said:

Honestly the more cinematic story telling is fantastic, and would be ruined by having other players doing goofy stuff or telling you spoilers while you're trying to stay immersed in the story. I'm sure DE play tested non solo story missions at some point, and made the decision to move them to solo pretty fast when they viewed what the average multiplayer story mission in a MMO style game is like. If you're gonna have story heavy moments in this kind of game, it just makes sense to have them solo, and it's nice to have a variety of gameplay content.

I very much agree with this, could you imagine the nightmare of host migrations? they would have to set up a server for match making EXCLUSIVELY for people in the new war
and ah yes, stealth sections, cant wait for a random to kill me by getting caught

• Like 1

Spoiler

Skill-wise I'm quite the noob, even in Warframe terms. But I've a great deal of experience with online communities, and while Warframe does have its good people like this topic shows, this topic also shows why I quit this game a year or two ago: because of how a lot of the community folks are, in-game and in forums both. "It's your fault, gitgud n00b", etc, in their own words. And yeah I returned and am too stuck in this quest and not really sure if I'll ever finish it. Not because of if I couldn't, probably could if I decided the stress was worth it.... but it's not, not for me, because this is a game, not a job. To me at least.... if it's a job to you from which you get paid, hey good, but while I don't push my ways to be ways everyone else should have, so shouldn't any of you if you wanna treat others like human people instead of some bloody robots without feelings and such.

• Like 2

On 2022-05-24 at 5:08 PM, (XBOX)Bloxanity2816 said:

OP, just send a support ticket saying you bit more off than you can chew and you'll be fine.

Really?

When I asked to be removed from the quest they politely told me to get lost.

• Like 2

The fight is not that hard. You can block all incoming attacks from the bosses by using the giant rocks that laying around. Once you figure that out its like running in a circle around the rock while shooting at the boss and spam heal whenever needed. Thats it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Grave.Knight said:

I'm curious where they're actually stuck. Though I do suspect they're not using all of Drifter's abilities (the smoke screen and healing got me through some of the tougher fights).

it sounds more like they started the quest and immediately shut the game off to do something actually fun, instead of wasting 4~8 hours on a bottom tier mid-late-2000s action game.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NezuHimeSama said:

it sounds more like they started the quest and immediately shut the game off to do something actually fun, instead of wasting 4~8 hours on a bottom tier mid-late-2000s action game.

I'll have you know that Warframe isn't late 2000s. It's early 2010s! Get it right.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Karakla said:

The fight is not that hard. You can block all incoming attacks from the bosses by using the giant rocks that laying around. Once you figure that out its like running in a circle around the rock while shooting at the boss and spam heal whenever needed. Thats it.

Wait wait wait... Hang on....

If the Rocks can Block the Bosses' Attacks.... What do you need the Healing for ? 🤔

25 minutes ago, Grave.Knight said:

I'll have you know that Warframe isn't late 2000s. It's early 2010s! Get it right.

Sure, but new war plays like something you'd get on the Xbox in 2007, not something you'd play on PC in 2013. It's a massive departure from regular warframe for quite a large slog, and it's buggy AF and very poorly designed and implemented.

Once you get to the Drifter section, it actually picks up a bit and is almost fun if you squint hard enough, but the early grineer and corpus missions are absolutely terrible slogs of bland tasteless action-shooter garbage.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Sure, but new war plays like something you'd get on the Xbox in 2007, not something you'd play on PC in 2013. It's a massive departure from regular warframe for quite a large slog, and it's buggy AF and very poorly designed and implemented.

Once you get to the Drifter section, it actually picks up a bit and is almost fun if you squint hard enough, but the early grineer and corpus missions are absolutely terrible slogs of bland tasteless action-shooter garbage.

Ah, you mean the Grineer and Corpus part of the game? Yeah, they're very Gears of War without the cover mechanics (they totally should have gave Kahl a cover system, but I guess they were more concerned with shipping than adding a gimmick like that). Personally I enjoyed them, but then again I wanna get Republic Commando remastered just to play that again...so maybe my tastes aren't exactly the best.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'm currently softlocked in this quest because I can't throw Teshin's glaive. I've pressed and held literally every single key on my keyboard and button on my mouse. Also, the Veso part was painful to play and just generally sucked. I'd open a support ticket if they could forcibly complete the quest for me, since I don't want to have anything to do with it ever again.

Edited by Kaethela
  • Like 1

Please let players pay with plat to bypass playing boring story missions and quests so I play the other content I care about. We shouldn’t be forced to play long difficult story missions in order to have access to other in game activities. 

• Like 2

I'm so baffled by the amount of people hardstuck on this quest O_O

I launched back the game at the start of this month, been away for like a year from it. Did the quest, took me like 4 hours and I enjoyed it (#*!% the stealth part tho, I've never been super into stealth mission but eh, had a good time with the story and the rest of it).

Two pals decided to join me afterwards cause the game seemed "cool" to play to them.

They are now mastery 13 and they are doing steel path and farming Zariman after having completed TNW.

Le 21/05/2022 à 03:20, (PSN)Mokarran a dit :

Been playing off and on for years. Made the mistake of starting New War Quest. Now stuck in awful mechanics, torturous objectives, and trying to fight bosses with some crap character that moves and jumps like he’s wearing lead shoes. Can’t back out of this trainwreck. Game ruined. Locked out of the game I loved to play. Permanent lock into a terrible quest. Years of play lost (MR 18). You ruined a great game. Uninstalled. 

Been playing off and on for years as well, around the same MR as you since I'm a big casual at the game (didn't complete all the steel path nodes even tho I could but I don't feel like it, not fun enough to me, I prefer farming relics and sell stuff for plat to pass some time and chill around; I do have the weapon power tho and the frames to run these and will do them if I need to buy something in steel essence i.e umbral forma) but maybe this game is not for you if you can't kite and use your heal/smoke on a boss that literally has one phase and a half (the half part being the execution move lol) idk mate.

They didn't ruin anything, I'm sure most of people don't use the drifter's kit at all and blame it on DE for making a "crappy" quest. Which is sad tbh.

I'm sure you didn't give it your best, it can't be that.

Give it another go, take your time to think about it, if my friends could do it and were 2 weeks into a fresh account and new into the game, you can do it too.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 2022-05-29 at 11:22 AM, (PSN)mrtsps said:

Please let players pay with plat to bypass playing boring story missions and quests so I play the other content I care about. We shouldn’t be forced to play long difficult story missions in order to have access to other in game activities. 

To be fair, completing big story missions that are generally harder than the side content to open up new game content is pretty universal in most games with a story. DE isn't exactly pulling a fast one on anyone with their gameplay progression, games with stories generally have story roadblocks.

Edited by Jimmuhboy

16 hours ago, Jimmuhboy said:

To be fair, completing big story missions that are generally harder than the side content to open up new game content is pretty universal in most games with a story.

The hardest content in most CRPGs is usually sidequests or post-story content.

Because the authors want people to reach the end of the main story.