The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does a maxed Phenmor rifle work on a specter?

Thestalos86

Question

Has anyone tested the maxed Phenmor rifle with a specter yet?
I'm aware of specters using unmodded weapons, so I'd be interested to know if the Phenmor's incarnon tree is also disabled when used by a specter?
Any testimonials so far? The wiki or search engines do not provide any results...

13 answers to this question

vor 9 Stunden schrieb FiveN9ne:

Specters cannot utilize alt fire and thus can't even use incarnon form but base weapon itself.

Please read carefully! I don't want to know if the Incarnon function works. I want to know if the skill tree effects work - especially the 2000% buff from lvl 5.

1 hour ago, Thestalos86 said:

...and that's why I hate people...
If I were keen on wasting my resources on self-testing, I wouldn't ask here on the forum first...

What ?

The Weapon is literally 3 Weeks Old ... How would Any of us Already know if something like That even Works ?

It really is down to you....and hey ... You get to be the one to declare if it works or not.... Isn't that exciting ? 👀

My spectre uses a Supra Vandal because nobody else does and I get to see what its shooting at lol.    Its a Horrible gun that doesnt really kill anything on my Gara Spectre lol.   Thankfully Gara spectres do a pretty bad ass job at defense though.  (I dont know how gara spectre walls are even calculated because now that I think about it they should probably insta shatter right ????  But they are pretty damn durable...  )

I dont even remember Phenmor evolutions lol...  your talking about the non crit/non status effect = +damage???   Deinately wouldnt hit that with such a crappy fire rate and low base stats......   

------------

But changing spectre loadouts to Phenmor would take 8-12 hours??..... then to change back..another 8-12 hours....    so yeah....  go for it lol.  

Keeping tuned on this one, it sounds like an interesting prospect if they do benefit from them - and if they do, whether their tree is frozen at the time of setting the loadout or if it goes off of your current tree, etc.

Am 26.5.2022 um 22:21 schrieb (PSN)AbBaNdOn_:

My spectre uses a Supra Vandal because nobody else does and I get to see what its shooting at lol.    Its a Horrible gun that doesnt really kill anything on my Gara Spectre lol.   Thankfully Gara spectres do a pretty bad ass job at defense though.  (I dont know how gara spectre walls are even calculated because now that I think about it they should probably insta shatter right ????  But they are pretty damn durable...  )

I dont even remember Phenmor evolutions lol...  your talking about the non crit/non status effect = +damage???   Deinately wouldnt hit that with such a crappy fire rate and low base stats......   

------------

But changing spectre loadouts to Phenmor would take 8-12 hours??..... then to change back..another 8-12 hours....    so yeah....  go for it lol.  

At the moment I prefer the Astilla (Prime) for my all-round Specter - long range, high base damage, AoE, high status and crit chance. I also tested the Proboscis Cernos, but I don't like the low rate of fire and the ballistic trajectory of the projectiles (also this setup would be less effective on Deimos since the enemies are immune to virus damage).
In endgame I'm currently using Caliban, Mag and Oberon Specter with the Astilla Prime - I really recommend it!

I was under the impression that any weapon used by any specter was simply its base damage plus used mods and only its primary fire mode.

So using that logic as the 2000 damage bonus on the phenmor is again as far as i am aware only actually working when in the incarnon mode is activated then your question basically answers itself as a NO IT WILL NOT.

To be honest spectres are already very powerful as they ignore ammo penalties. Take a powerful weapon with real ammo supply issues and you ignore it...give to a spectre and they happily shoot all day long with no ammo issues and with a decent fire rate and accuracy.

Am 28.5.2022 um 17:29 schrieb johnno23:

I was under the impression that any weapon used by any specter was simply its base damage plus used mods and only its primary fire mode.

So using that logic as the 2000 damage bonus on the phenmor is again as far as i am aware only actually working when in the incarnon mode is activated then your question basically answers itself as a NO IT WILL NOT.

To be honest spectres are already very powerful as they ignore ammo penalties. Take a powerful weapon with real ammo supply issues and you ignore it...give to a spectre and they happily shoot all day long with no ammo issues and with a decent fire rate and accuracy.

Act like a smartass and then your knowledge is only superficial... <.<
If the Phenmor's level 5 effect didn't work in normal mode, I wouldn't have posted a question on the forum...
And if you are sure that there are no ammo problems, why not equip your Specter with the Exergis?!

The specters do not reload do not run out of ammo and they scale and yes a vapour specter with an exergis will happily blast away.

Myself I used a specter with the acceltra for a long time but since the basmu was available swapped out the weapon build. Recently swapped out again for the kuva zarr just to mess around on solo missions doing zariman Steel path solo runs. 

It has nothing to do with being a smartass as I am myself still learning how to tackle eximus units when they come in waves on the Zariman Steel path.

the incarnon weapons simply have two fire modes and specters to this date always have used the primary fire mode of any weapon equipped. So applying simple logic of primary fire mode on incarnon primary and secondary is single shot mode and alt fire is the incarnon ability it would appear that there is the answer to the question ???

Am 23.5.2022 um 04:28 schrieb Thestalos86:

Has anyone tested the maxed Phenmor rifle with a specter yet?
I'm aware of specters using unmodded weapons, so I'd be interested to know if the Phenmor's incarnon tree is also disabled when used by a specter?
Any testimonials so far? The wiki or search engines do not provide any results...

From what I tested, the incarnon tree doesnt work with specters.

Edit: On call crew also cant use it, but does at least more damage due to having mods on it.
Wukongs clone seems to be able to use it. 

Archived