Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kompressa's explosions are unaffected by Multishot (only 4 bubbles can explode per shot, all others deal no damage)

Verreater

As the title says, only 4 of Kompressa's bubbles can explode, even if you have a lot of multishot modded.

This results in the weapon being much weaker against single targets and also making the high spread worthless against multiple targets, as most bubbles will simply only deal the impact damage (2) and not deal the explosion damage (42). I doubt that it is intentional, as it affects the weapon's performance in a very noticeable way.

The following video shows a Kompressa modded for 11.2 total multishot (Barrel Diffusion + Lethal Torrent). As is visible, the initial impacts deal damage properly, but only 4 explosions occur per shot.

also +1 to the "please give us a warframe and weapon bug reporting subsection/tag" counter

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello. Just wanted to bring to light again that Kompressa still doesn't fully benefit from multishot, and I hope it gets fixed soon.

Even with multishot on, it will only deal the damage of 4 bubble explosions, even though I clearly fire more than 4 bubbles. This severely hampers its damage.

The Kompressa is a very good secondary, and is essentially what the Stug should've been (hopefully the Stug gets reworked into being the Primary weapon version of the Kompressa, i.e. turn it into the Nox gun). Hope someone on the bugfixing team notices this. That's all, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2022-09-07 at 5:00 PM, Franch said:

Kompressa did get a Secondary Weapon Ammo Pick up Override in Veilbreaker, as many other shotguns and AoE weapons have. This, however, remains unaddressed, severely limiting its potential.

which is really odd. I'm beginning to think it's intentional since Kompressa has innate multishot value of 4, but if that's the case can't they just special-case it so that it can still benefit from multishot by means of increased damage?

I really hope it isn't intentional though, I love this weapon

Hi.

Since its introduction last year in update 30.5, Kompressa's explosions do not benefit from multishot.

The initial bubbles (before the explosion) do, strangely. 

This bug severely hampers its damage output, since only the piddly damage from the bubbles benefit from it, and not the more damaging explosion.

I hope this is not intentional. If it were, it is quite confusing as to why it works that way.

I hope this gets fixed soon. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2022-05-23 at 9:59 AM, Verreater said:

also +1 to the "please give us a warframe and weapon bug reporting subsection/tag" counter

Agreed! I would love to have more options for bug reporting. It could really help out with testing and getting certain bugs fixed.

I would also love to see a more active communication line such as a official known bugs list or a checkbox next to the post that says the bug has been identified and a priority level that has been set.

There might be another bug where multiple explosions won't trigger if you already have bubbles on an enemy (i.e. if you keep firing they won't explode until you stop, and only 4 will explode).

can someone check this? it's unrelated to multishot. I saw a commenter on reddit saying it exists but I can't check it right now

It actually started working for me for a moment in Simulacrum trying to test what Skoomaseller mentioned, there were like 11 explosions!!! I haven't been able to recreate it, I thought it was because i did something to my loadout while an enemy was already spawned, but that wasn't it.

Current bug status: doesn't work most of the time.

Otherwise I haven't seen any delay issues with sustained fire.

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, XennethKeisere said:

Do the test with Saryn's Toxic Lash, like the OP did. Much better evidence.

I believe the visual element of the explosion is bugged now, proof:

WARNING FLASHING COLORS

The explosions happen right in front of the even if the gun bubbles dont explode near you, 

Archived