Coming Soon: Devstream #162

DevstreamNumber162.pngTenno!

Our May Devstream is happening soon - this week in fact! We will be going over our upcoming Angels of the Zariman follow-up update: Echoes of the Zariman. Join us as we go into what’s coming and when! We’ll cover much of what went into making the Angels of the Zariman and discussing what to expect next. 

Then, something big is coming. TennoCon has been announced - this is our last Devstream until TennoCon 2022! See you on July 16th for our 7th TennoCon! We will give a small preview of how you can best prepare for TennoCon.

Join us on May 27 at 2 p.m ET. 

There will be Twitch Drops - watch to earn yourself a Veiled Riven Cipher!

See you over at twitch.tv/warframe Friday, May 27th at 2 p.m ET!  

• Like 56

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Zakimus said:

Is there going to be any discussion about Void Dash at all?

They said in one of their other posts that they are working on making void sling better by allowing you to sling back left and right, but they havent said anything about reverting or making major changes to it.

EDIT: found the post: 

Edited by Hero422
  • Like 17

Posted (edited)

ok, an official Statement regarding Raids would be welcomed. To eleborate on this:

In a recent interview with Pablo, he said this:

Zitat

Question: Multi-player dungeons are impressive! Missed the old days when 8 Tennos worked together on Trial Missions. Have you considered bringing back this Trial Mission or launching a brand new Trial Mission?

Pablo: We have, we actually have that something every now and then we talk about it again. 8 player missions were really... complicated for us the way everything set up in game right now, those 8 player missions were really prone to basically failure.

Essentially there were a lot of bugs that were really hard to test for us, and I don't know. So the answer, the truthful answer is we even don't know. Like we do miss them as well, we do miss the idea of the story missions, we do wanna bring them back at some point. It is not something we have forgotten about, we definitely go back and revisit every now and then, and maybe at some point, it will come back.

This sounds totally different than what we usually hear and how you address questions regarding Raids. Basically what he says here is that you are only talking about it every now and then, but old Raids and the whole concept of 8 Player Missions was way too buggy and you have no solution for it and are also not actively working on it.

This contradicts other statements and actions from your Team, for example the fact that you placed 3 question in the 2022 Warframe Survey regarding Raids which on its own created some speculation again that Raids might come in the (near) future. The following words you used in the conclusion of that survey would also suggest something like that:

Zitat

So What Happens Next?
Now that we have this information a few key things stick out to us.

• The Mod System could do with some TLC
  • Players would like to see Trials come back, in addition to some more challenging end game content
  • There are a variety of areas that we can explore for some QoL changes

We will consider these takeaways and more as we continue to build Warframe! It’s exciting to see that a majority of the results align with our current aspirations for Warframe. There’s always room to improve and this survey gave us great consolidated feedback to move forward with. 

I said it in a topic discussing this interview: Putting Trials as one of three points under the headline of "What happens next" and continue with saying "It’s exciting to see that a majority of the results align with our current aspirations for Warframe" - so actively highlighting Trials makes it seem as if it has some sort of priority ("current aspirations") and that you are or have been working on it or have plans to actively work on it.

Just like putting it on the Roadmap years ago (even if by player request) or addressing it in Devstreams with words like "we are working on it but have nothing to show at the moment" makes it seem like that there is some sort of development going on - which is contradicting Pablo's words.

So, whats up with Raids? Can we get an honest and straight forward answer to this without marketing speech?

• are you actively working on Raids or are you just talking about it from time to time?
  • did something happen since the removal?
  • are there plans to do 4 player Raids for example and if so, did more happen than talking about it?
  • why was it part of the survey with a total of 3 questions and highlighted in the results?

I'd highly welcome some clarification, because at the very least your communication is pretty bad in this case. I get that "never say never" - but if there is zero progress since the removal of Raids, and no active development process, than you should just say that you are not working on it and that you will let us know when you do that. Everything else feels like your are playing with the hopes of players.

If it doesnt work and if you stopped working on it - fine. We have to accept that.

But constantly getting teased and kept in this "maybe they will come some day" state is tiresome.

Edited by DreisterDino
  • Like 17

Posted (edited)

Here are some bugs/qol improvements the operators need:

Spoiler

·There is a delay between pressing the button and operator crouching.

·       Add back the ability for operators to glide down slowly when in void mode while airborne.

·       There is a delay when switching between operator and warframe.

·       Companion mods like animal instinct should work while in operator form not just warframes.

·       Two arcanes can be installed on amps.

·       Include the A, B & C slots for amps to give option to change amps, colours, equip arcanes and lenses.

·       Include the ability to change the face of the operators  in the slots of A, B & C.

·       Operators can ride on K-drives.

·       You can change operator visuals, focus trees and amps while in the simulacrum.

·       Give us the ability to customise the operator in captura.

·       Add an in-depth face customisation (nose length, eye width etc) and separate body sliders to change the length, width and height of the operators.

·       Add different voices for operators (from different ethnicities) and have a slider to manipulate the sound to make it unique to your operator.

·       Sentinels need to be invulnerable while you`re in operator mode.

·       If you extract with your operator, the operator is what you will see getting onto the ship.

·       You can open lockers and switch to synthesis scanner while moving.

·       If you have vacuum mod on your sentinel or companion and you are in your operator form, the operator should be able to pick up items.

·       You should be able to use operators in the relays.

·       Give operators new idle animations.

·       Make the cursor more visible on amps.

·       Make operators be able to use all emotes.

·       Give the ability to switch to scanner while running.

·       Remove the long delay between doing a hard landing and when you start moving again.

·       Make it where you are able to view the emotes while using operators on the menu screen.

·       Remove knockdown from amps and use the knockdown system for when they receive it from enemies.

·       Fix the bug where the scaffold that`s on your amp is clipped into the amp.

Also the operators need two things that will improve their gameplay:

Operators need to be able to use melee (void melee).

This proves alone that they need it.

Spoiler

Operators need to have improved movement. Sprint speed, higher jump, knockdown recovery and more.

Operator GIF 2. by Aaronj-c

Operator GIF 13 gravity by Aaronj-c

Operator GIF 7. by Aaronj-c

Operator sprint vault by Aaronj-c

To see more.

Edited by (PSN)Vexx757
  • Like 13

Is the Nox gun still being worked on? Last we heard it was being worked on alongside the Ghoul Saw which has released a while back. Will there be more additions/expansions on Necramechs? Archmelee attachment?

• Like 11

Please address the problems regarding the new operator abilities. Your goal was to increase the fluidity of Operator/Warframe, but it seems you've missed the mark. Wellspring is just Energizing dash but with an extra step. What was once done with a dash is now an ability I have to stop and use. I am a fan of Hardened Wellspring, but that just adds more time to use an ability that was previously able to be used in less than a second. Please consider giving reverting the changes made to previous "Dash" abilities.

• Like 18

Just now, DreisterDino said:

ok, an official Statement regarding Raids would be welcomed.

Just read about pablo recent QnA, there won't be 8-players raid coming in the near future.

• Like 1

really hoping Vazarin and Naramon get buffed in some way (maybe Zenurik too. bring back the void mode succ). preferably so that they can all match up to Madurai and Unairu in terms of strength and utility

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Talk about this please, I've been asking for years.

I think the overwhelming support I've gotten from this thread more than warrants an actual consideration or official response.

---

Yareli changes when? She's almost a year old and still feels unfinished.

• Moddable Merulina
  • Primaries on K-Drives
  • K-Drives in all maps
  • No ragdoll on K-Drives - it's not even funny the first time
  • Sea Snares that don't kamikaze into walls or idle uselessly
  • Tap-to-place, tap-to-detonate Riptide. Sea Snares that feed into Riptide. S Y N E R G Y.

---

Transference Delay?
Speeding up Armageddon?
Better drop tables in the Zariman so there's actually a reason to keep playing once you get the scant few unique items?

---

Also where? When?

ArtStation - Railjack Accessory and Weapon Bundle.

I have a great desire for more swarm missiles.

---

With the next update being "Echoes" of the Zariman, it'd be cool to hear about doing more Umbral frames. You've said you don't want to do them, but why? They're just skins, and you make skins all the time. They're not even complicated skins, they're just Prime skins with a few different parts. Make an Umbral Access with Umbral Relics, add a few at a time, and print some money. You were gonna do it anyways with Echoes of Umbra, people just hated your bizarre idea of making it a 24hr consumable you had to constantly grind to upkeep. Awakened Warframes fighting alongside an empowered Operator is such a cool, obvious direction to take them after the Sacrifice and it's a damned shame that you're content with the Operator being a glorified utility scooter.

Speaking of, why remove Operator gameplay to add a redundant keybinding? Put Void Blast back in and give every school their version. Add more powers and an Operator melee. Why not? Pablo said recently it's because you don't want Warframes and Operators to feel the same, but Warframes are cool AF. Why shouldn't Operators be cool AF too? Shouldn't you want players to want to use their Operator instead of having to force them at every turn?

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 12

8 minutes ago, Hero422 said:

They said in one of their other posts that they are working on making void sling better by allowing you to sling back left and right, but they havent said anything about reverting or making major changes to it.

EDIT: found the post: 

Yeah, I saw that too.  It's going to be some half measure something or other fix for sling and we're never going to actually get the good thing back is what I'm afraid of

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Any possible changes on overguard to not totally counter CC frames? Maybe overguard allowing full CC or something like how sentients behave (diminishing returns). And, instead counter the AOE meta by limiting damage for the maximum fallout value, so single target weapons have a anti-eximus role of a sort.

Edited by Kadesfy
  • Like 12

2 minutes ago, Digressive said:

Stream time for other time zones!

15qbZ0k.png

Wow I am surprised that it only has LA and Victoria as the notable countries on the west coast (PST, UTC -7) I would have expected Vancouver and Seattle to at least be on there. Or maybe some of California's other big cities like San Francisco. 

20 minutes ago, StimPilot_Cephalopod said:

Wellspring is just Energizing dash but with an extra step. What was once done with a dash is now an ability I have to stop and use. I am a fan of Hardened Wellspring, but that just adds more time to use an ability that was previously able to be used in less than a second. Please consider giving reverting the changes made to previous "Dash" abilities.

Smaller Wellspring is easier to do than Energizing dash and it's not bugged. I just press 5-1 within short time. Before change I couldn't use void dash right after transfering for some reasons. Sadly we have cooldowns.

However Hardened Wellspring is too long. For solo play we don't have to use it but for group it might be slower than before.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Hey there, Ordis found this in my spam folder... might be of some interest to you:

Dear Mr Digital and Mrs Extremes,

Before you plan to end the already 4 year long pool party of the third orb in 2028, I have to report that newer tenno started quitting their jobs of being a space ninja after having been told to collect debt bonds so
we can be "old mates". I have heard that the Entrati family got some shiny currency they use to pay tenno that somehow works but i can't quite put my finger on it to why it works.
Also we had some troubles with the 10 people that we consider to be "old mates", they expected something other then a handfull  of debt bonds and ressources from Nef Anyos filthy mother proxies. They went on rambling about how
Eidolons were soo rewarding with their Arcanes and they didn't had to wait for 2 weeks so they can get the key to fight the exploiter, but neffy hasn't implemented that techonology yet and exploiter likes her 2 week vacations 
because she didn't get her medicine for 20 minutes straight. Would love to see fortuna be a little more fortunate and welcoming to future tenno, so they don't hate this place as much as we do.
To quote one of our most trusted: "Fortuna has aged like bad milk" - last seen online 312 days ago

Regards Eudico

Edited by NovaLP
  • Like 9