Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #162

[DE]Rebecca

5 minutes ago, xRufus7x said:

17. Can Nova Prime's Null Star be made colorable rather then just being gold balls? Also, Resonator is not taking on its prime form when applied to primed frames.

garuda’s dread mirror also doesn’t change with prime detail toggle on tennogen skins.

5 minutes ago, xRufus7x said:

#makewarframegreatagain

remove transference cooldowns

improve void sling mechanic

remove artificial clunkiness

operator reduced gravity while in void mode (not just when charging sling) / Aimglide

etc

etc

sum-up: Warframe PRE U31.5 gud ; Warframe POST U31.5 bad

Seriously.

Whatever, ragdoll from k-drives is funny EVERY time.

3 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Talk about this please, I've been asking for years.

I think the overwhelming support I've gotten from this thread more than warrants an actual consideration or official response.

---

Yareli changes when? She's almost a year old and still feels unfinished.

• Moddable Merulina
  • Primaries on K-Drives
  • K-Drives in all maps
  • No ragdoll on K-Drives - it's not even funny the first time
  • Sea Snares that don't kamikaze into walls or idle uselessly
  • Tap-to-place, tap-to-detonate Riptide. Sea Snares that feed into Riptide. S Y N E R G Y.

---

Transference Delay?
Speeding up Armageddon?
Better drop tables in the Zariman so there's actually a reason to keep playing once you get the scant few unique items?

Ragdoll from K-Drives is funny EVERY time.

Assuming this is a place to leave questions and comments:

I feel there is a disconnect in the story, regarding the Zariman ship. Characters in the story talk about the ship like it is our home or our birthright. From an outside story perspective this makes some sense, as the Zariman was the inciting incident in the Tenno's life, and it is a mysterious place that is a good spot to set a story. However, in-character there is no reason to believe the Tenno would want this. The player character only spent a couple weeks on board the Zariman, and it was not a pleasant time. The Zariman does not seem desirable to the character. It is not their home, and it does not seem like a good birthright.

2 hours ago, FaR_GogH said:

I don’t think they have announced them yet have they? 

Tennocon is July 16th I believe, and yet the last 2 years I've been playing the game I bought them like 4 months in advance. It's gonna be June soon and still no tickets mentioned anywhere or if there's even the whole baro event at all. 

Honestly they need to hire more people to talk to the community, either on forums or in devstreams, devstreams they already canceled twice this year when it was biweekly at one point. 

Unrelated

We are on nightwave intermission part 3 that's supposed to be a fun short story between major updates and they're lasting several months long at a time. 

The new 2H nikana stance was supposed to come with deimos. And still no breath of the topic in anyone's mouths. 

DE are yall okay. Honestly. I love the new content and have been a die hard fan since I picked it up some time before the pandemic. I agree with a lot of xRufus7x. 

The time promised on crossave will be here July. 

5 hours ago, Omegaduc said:

Void dash is dead so Emergence Dissipate could be born, and it is beautiful. 

Truer words have never been spoken. Emergence Dissipate has been a huge game changer and means I no longer need to rely on Zenurik for my energy needs.

Old Void Dash can rot in the Void alongside Coptering and Super Jump. 

4 hours ago, HorstFoll said:

However, I'll probably rather stop playing the game alltogether than stop complaining about the mess that Void Sling is. Void Dash was a lot of fun for me, Void Sling just feels bad in any possible way. I've been playing alot since the Update and tried to get used to it, but I can't even find a single positive aspect of it. It really sucks, there is no other way to put it.

It's not that bad! Stop being so hyperbolic!

Besides, what was fun about the old Void Dash anyway? There was no sense of control with it which made it pretty much unusable in cramped tilesets because it always shot you forward a fixed distance which was incredibly disorienting. Unless you're playing Gauss, there's nothing fun about flying headfirst into the floors and walls at 100mph!

57 minutes ago, (XBOX)Pie Prime said:

Tennocon is July 16th I believe, and yet the last 2 years I've been playing the game I bought them like 4 months in advance. It's gonna be June soon and still no tickets mentioned anywhere or if there's even the whole baro event at all. 

That’s totally fair. I wasn’t 100% if they had yet or not. It is getting awful close too. Doesn’t exactly inspire hope for quality cosmetics to come with the ticket.

6 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

DevstreamNumber162.pngTenno!

Our May Devstream is happening soon - this week in fact! We will be going over our upcoming Angels of the Zariman follow-up update: Echoes of the Zariman. Join us as we go into what’s coming and when! We’ll cover much of what went into making the Angels of the Zariman and discussing what to expect next. 

Then, something big is coming. TennoCon has been announced - this is our last Devstream until TennoCon 2022! See you on July 16th for our 7th TennoCon! We will give a small preview of how you can best prepare for TennoCon.

Join us on May 27 at 2 p.m ET. 

There will be Twitch Drops - watch to earn yourself a Veiled Riven Cipher!

See you over at twitch.tv/warframe Friday, May 27th at 2 p.m ET!  

Hey Reb!

Pleasant surprise on the short notice Dev Stream date, looking forward to it.  Also wanted to mention the recent boosts, announcements, and even drops like the last PS+ Pack -- they have inconspicuously aligned with prominent days for [other sci-fi game] and honestly it's brilliant and effective. It's why I'm writing here and not there.

There's so many ways the Live team makes the origin system feel.. alive. And I love it. Void Sling hits great btw, feels like a proper ability and not just shoving my model about like dash did.  Looking forward to Friday stream!

6 hours ago, Shemarria said:

ENOUGH with the constant bleeting and squealing and whining about RAIDS!
It was an elitest, exclusionary and VERY niche game-mode which punished new comers and only allowed 1337 try-hard speed running douce-bags to gate-keep and horde arcanes.
Now that arcanes are "out in the wild" there is no need for raids.

Yeah, no. The game is almost 10 years old and still lacks meaningful tiered content, (The Steel Path isn't actually more rewarding from a time to reward ratio with exceptions being Mod/Endo/Zariman Arcane farming. This mode still needs a proper toggle [especially for Sorties/Fissures/Arbitrations, ESO, Railjack, etc.] and to actually be worth toggling for general gameplay with improved rotation rewards in those missions/bounties.) compounded with the removal of roles-based gameplay. The only "supports" you see in 2022 Warframe are damage buffs. Healing and protection like Oberon and Trinity are laughably useless for progressed players purely because of the Operator, Helminth, and other power creep.

You're also forgetting that within Trials was WFRSB (the Warframe Raid School Bus) dedicated to teaching players about Trials and bringing them up to speed. Do you know who founded and built up the teaching/veteran program of that recruitment system? The very people you're condemning (the people optimized and fast at completing them; the knowledgeable.) Crappy people are crappy people, and life is the same way. Unless someone is actually harassing you past one incident of being crumby, literally just ignore them and move on with your life. They probably won't have an easy time recruiting if that attitude is consistent.

Arcanes being accessible has hurt the game more than helped in my opinion. On the positive side, lower level players have easier access to Arcanes. On the negative side, the reward progression of the game is hollowed further and you have even less incentive or reason to improve at the game (as it's unnecessary to receive these high tier rewards). This is compounded by DE releasing content that is always accessible and always lower level. Always facing lower level enemies in a game released almost a decade ago with the mountain of multiplier and power creep makes things stale for older players (the ones who built this game to where it is). People love to put Founders on a pedestal for their risk that payed off into this great game. That is surely appreciable, but nobody really remembers the time invested people for anywhere from 6 months to 9+ years actively improving this game to get it where it is today.

6 hours ago, Shemarria said:

Now if they actually fostered teamwork and allowed for people who didn't know the tile set or challenges before hand to join in without being mocked, ditched or otherwise unable to enjoy?  GREAT!
Otherwise SHUT UP and let the raid experiment stay dead like the failure it was.

Raids being a "failure" was the easy way out for reasoning from a PR perspective. Literally any mode greater than 6 months old is neglected, often ridden with unfixed bugs, has unfinished portions, could improve dramatically from the feedback of players invested in said mode, and has thin matchmaking as DE releases "one and done" content and active players have already finished the content and moved on to the next big thing. You can label most things the game offers as a "failure" using these parameters if you just wait a couple updates after it launches. Isolation Vaults aren't a failure right? Railjack? Profit-Taker? All 3 of those have issues, unfinished aspects, and thin matchmaking. Profit-Taker and Railjack specifically get bugs from new updates as well (a common argument for why Trials deserved to be removed). Also, when Trials were a thing, The Law of Retribution (and Nightmare LoR) infrequently had major bugs (progression-stoppers, crashing, etc.) compared to every other mode in the game. The same can't be said for the Jordas Verdict (the most well-known bug being the "Jordas mis-dock" in the final stage).

Lot's of people are asking for Raids/Trials over the last 4 years for two main reasons:

1. Digital Extremes said themselves that their removal would be temporary (99 pages of players knowing this was disingenuous PR, but still their words and they are accountable for them).
  2. Warframe is missing that sort of mission/gamemode. I don't think 8 player missions are needed to make people satisfied. I think some of the critical points of a mode like this is (in no particular order):
    1. Forced co-op (4 players is fine, I don't think it has to be 8).
    2. Some form of communication is required, not optional.
    3. Clear-cut player roles through mission design where one player can't do everything by themself.
    4. Optimization is encouraged and rewarded appropriately.
    5. Content is not accessible to the average player (through a competence, gear, and communication check with fail states, not an Arbitration-like or quest/story progress restriction).
    6. Rewards are tradeable.
    7. Can be considered a daily activity.

I support people who ask for this content and continue to do so.

DE also gave the impression themselves through both Devstreams and their public survey that Trials/Raids are being worked on. Pablo recently contradicting that statement in an interview doesn't matter.

I can't wait to hear about the new extraction method coming to the Zariman missions hinted about here:

On 2022-05-03 at 1:43 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed being unable to individually extract from endless missions (excluding the new Zariman mission types, stay tuned for possible add!). 

vor 20 Stunden schrieb Voltage:

Always facing lower level enemies in a game released almost a decade ago with the mountain of multiplier and power creep makes things stale for older players

I agree with basically everything you have said - and oh yes i forgot that DE even called it a temporary removal when it got shut down.

But especially the part i quoted is what bugs me. Like you say, we acquire more and more power with every single Update, but at the same time every single Update gets tuned down so much just to make sure that no player will have any problems blasting through it. Zariman? Positioned after the New War, so after Railjack, all Quests, possible access to Arbitrations, ESO and Steel Path. Yeah, better reduce the starting level which only was at 50-55 down to 40-45, heaven forbid a player dies there once or twice.

"We want the missions to be challenging, but not so challenging that you cannot progress through the quest!"

Yeah, good joke. Its at the very end of progression currently, but level 50 is too much 😄

From a purely short-term business standpoint: I guess thats understandable. Every Update has to lure back in as many (new) players as possible.

But why are players even running away again rather quick after each Update? Because thats all there is.

There is no long-term concept behind any of that which keeps players invested or challenged.

Should every single piece of Content only please and challenge long-term players and vets now? No. But what about giving them something meaningful just once? Thats probably something that people hope to get from Raids and why they keep asking for it aswell. And yes, in the end it probably doesnt matter if its an 8-player or 4-player thing. Those are just numbers that dont say a lot in this regard. Bf2042 didnt got better because it doubled the player count. But make it last because its worthwhile and interesting. And that cant be achieved if you want to make sure that every single Update is instantly playable for everyone, probably even solo.

Il y a 8 heures, Shemarria a dit :

ENOUGH with the constant bleeting and squealing and whining about RAIDS!
It was an elitest, exclusionary and VERY niche game-mode which punished new comers and only allowed 1337 try-hard speed running douce-bags to gate-keep and horde arcanes.
Now that arcanes are "out in the wild" there is no need for raids.

Now if they actually fostered teamwork and allowed for people who didn't know the tile set or challenges before hand to join in without being mocked, ditched or otherwise unable to enjoy?  GREAT!
Otherwise SHUT UP and let the raid experiment stay dead like the failure it was.

Maybe if you knew seven people able to tolerate you for more than a minute you'd have been able to learn, practice and enjoy.

This kind of content gives clans/alliance something to do and things to plan.

Il y a 8 heures, FaR_GogH a dit :

I think people need to just soak up their tears and get over the fact that  void dash isn’t coming back. They took time to create and implement void sling and everything that goes with it. They aren’t juts going to turn around and revert it. Take that energy and put it towards something more productive. Like learning to deal with void sling. 

Both can coexist with Sling on double jump and Dash on crouch-jump

The one thing they removed and didn't bother replacing is Void Blast, and that MUST be brought back.

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We will be going over our upcoming Angels of the Zariman follow-up update: Echoes of the Zariman.

Let me guess, after the "Echoes of the Zariman" update the next one would be "Electric Boogaloo of the Zariman"?

17 minutes ago, TheLordOmega2 said:

Both can coexist with Sling on double jump and Dash on crouch-jump

The one thing they removed and didn't bother replacing is Void Blast, and that MUST be brought back.

Nah. If you try to implement both you just make the waters even murkier than they are. Just get over it and learn to like void sling or play something else.

void blast is also gone forever. Pablo just said in the Chinese build QA. They do not want operators to have melee. They want them to be completely different from Warframes in how they play. 

sorry but you are 0 for 2. So as I said before. You need to either start to learn to live with the changes or move on from Warframe. It’s just the harsh truth.

il y a 34 minutes, FaR_GogH a dit :

Nah. If you try to implement both you just make the waters even murkier than they are. Just get over it and learn to like void sling or play something else.

void blast is also gone forever. Pablo just said in the Chinese build QA. They do not want operators to have melee. They want them to be completely different from Warframes in how they play. 

sorry but you are 0 for 2. So as I said before. You need to either start to learn to live with the changes or move on from Warframe. It’s just the harsh truth.

You are what is called a Yes-man, you validate these changes only because someone of a perceived higher status imposed them on you.

Think about it for a second, if they really want operator gameplay to feel different from WF gameplay, why is the operator melee option LITERALLY ATTACKING WITH YOUR WARFRAME?

Summary of things still juggling in the air...

-A proper story mode containing the old events

-Wall running still not a thing (although mentioned in last devstream)

-UI still unfinished

-Operator/Focus revisit (half done...operator still needs work)

-Command wheel for pets

-Leverian not seeing any entry for a while

-Many new frames still don't have noggles

-Drop chances revision

-Rage melee mode

-Modulary archwing

-Archwing melee revisit

-Old frames next revision pass (some need at least tweaked numbers...Frost, Hydroid and Grendel more than everything else)

-Railjack integration with open worlds

-Squad link

-Sorties 2.0

-3rd Orb fight

-Sergeant/Phorid boos fights revisions

-Raids

Are there plans for any interaction between the Holdfasts and the Entrati? With how obsessed Mother is with her father/Albrecht in the Iso vault missions and that the Zariman appears to be used as a pin to keep a hole into the Void, it seems a given that Mother would notice and would want to investigate it for leads.

Ok thanks, wouldn't get myself all hyped though, learnt my lesson the hard way a my older player friends told me, but anything which is heading towards a good and non-convoluted storytelling, some gameplay changes like nerfing aoe and dumb wukong meta and buffing content which needs you to have a single target weapon, melee only missions or something to still keep them relevant, SP void fissures, Raids and the revival of Conclave and I mean it for real, any news about Duviri and when hopefully Teshin will come back though, a Codex rework, and few older bosses like the sargeant and venkra and sprag rework. If it's any of these I would really be happy about it, unless it's anything but skins or any decoration dumb content which would effect the game would be good.

Because it's sickening to see how they say 70 million+ registered players, of which maybe a 50 million+ I think is generous enough for being real legit accounts and not any alts, of which only 1-2 million even play the game of which only 30k-40k are the only ones come online of which maximum just login for rewards and then max their grind and leave. That concludes that something is indeed wrong in the game, someone or something isn't doing their job right, the game looks very neat and attractive to all my friends too guess what all of them left because it's repetitive and grindy or there's not purpose to it no lore or anything interesting just opening new planets and went back playing other games, and I tbh can't say anything but I obviously agreed to every single thing because I am the holder of the same opinion. And only a mindless grind, opening relics is the content and is the way to pass time to progress through nodes was the way I can get to the latest new content Zariman, and that's not a small thing in itself now that people need RJ and mechs to grind to even think about the so-called endgame you guys call the SP which is another bullet dump and repetitive gameplay loop, the Zariman missions however are something the entire rest of the game needs.

That shows to go how the game is only having few players to keep it playing and most of them are in the MR 5-15 places tbh, anything before or after are the least bothered at this point, which shows though how cool and neat this game is and the sound team, man the sound team kills it like one of the best OSTs in any game, or even quest songs or anything, these two teams doing their part to the fullest is being wasted because what makes the game, a game isn't doing their part right which in turn drives off players which makes it look very vacant.

Look, WF is a good game but with flaws of what makes a game fun, it has the tendencies of doing something right and when the players want it to be that way it retained its always either removed off the game by the devs or made into a boring version of it, the solution is to get your team thinking and open to player feedback for once and NOT overhype anything more than what it needs to be, let the game call people towards it not the advertising for the most part, I am just some random player I knows why would you even need an advice from a player, but that's what makes what I said even more relevant you see, all I can suggest and say is that. And please NO more skin content thanks.

11 hours ago, Foodrun said:

I honestly can agree with all of this except for allowing operators to be in relays and to be able to use emotes which both are honestly useless. they can use emotes which ones do you want them to have access to?

The one Emote that I know they can't do it is the HANDSHAKE.  It is silly that they can do the Hokey Pokey Dance but not shake a fellow Tennos hand.  I would think it's not any harder to make them gyrate Tenno hips then to shake a hand.  I guess it would push them over the proverbial edge to make Tennos congenial and civilized by shaking hands.  Back to the Curmudgeon Cave for me then, to wallow in my self pity and yearn for a simple handshake from my fellow Tenno.   Farewell Cruel World!

Archived