Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Round 22 Accepted Items

TennoGen returns with Round 22! New community created Warframe skins, alt helmets, weapon skins, armor and more are coming to the Origin System!

Stay tuned for the official release dates for Round 22. The items will be releasing in two waves, in order to give the items plenty of room to shine. Our intention is to bring all of these items to console Tenno as well, just as we have been doing with the last few TennoGen rounds.

With that all said, here’s a look at what’s coming in TennoGen Round 22:

Warframe Skins & Alt Helmets

Weapon Skins

Syandanas & Armor Pieces

Landing Crafts

Operator Accessories

TennoGen Round 22 Part 1, Releasing August 17 2022 

TennoGen Round 22 Part 2, Releasing September 2022 

What is the TennoGen Program?

TennoGen Steam Workshop is Warframe content created by Tenno, for Tenno. Incredible artists from the Warframe fan community submit designs for weapon skins, armor, Warframe skins and helmets to be reviewed by our internal art department. If accepted by Digital Extremes, the items are implemented into Warframe, and the TennoGen artist receives a 30% revenue share on the Steam sale of their creations. By adding TennoGen items to your collection, not only are you upping your Fashion Frame, you’re supporting community artists!

Please note that to submit skins you will need a considerable amount of experience with texturing and various 3D modeling software. All skins will be reviewed by members of the Digital Extremes art department.

Read the Complete TennoGen FAQ here

2 hours ago, (PSN)LadyAmbush said:

Really think there should be a cap on Tennogen skins submitted. For example, we have had too many wisp skins from last few rounds. So many other frames with no love. Was Really wishing for the only yareli skin to be highlighted. At least Lavos made it.

Adding a cap wouldn’t fix this. I don’t agree with adding any sort of limit to skins, etc.

An artist chooses to work with a frame for a reason that resonates with them. It wouldn’t be fair to insta kill an amazing skin on sight just because the frame itself has other skins  already.  

Anyways congrats to the artist who worked on the stuff this round. A lot of new people this time!

27 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

surprised Wisp got another skin after getting 4(!) in the last round. I hope DE aren't playing favourites here. there's got to be SOMEBODY doing a skin for Sevagoth or Xaku right? 

Errr- not really, much to my dismay. Sevagoth and Xaku, atleast with them being tagged submissions the Steam Workshop. Imgur album if you'd prefer. Wisp is 6th if we're going off of # of tagged Warframe submissions, behind Excalibur, Rhino, Mag, Volt, and Nekros.

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

surprised Wisp got another skin after getting 4(!) in the last round. I hope DE aren't playing favourites here. there's got to be SOMEBODY doing a skin for Sevagoth or Xaku right? 

I'm currently working on a sevagoth skin if that makes you happy.

8 hours ago, blazingcobalt said:

Adding a cap wouldn’t fix this. I don’t agree with adding any sort of limit to skins, etc.

An artist chooses to work with a frame for a reason that resonates with them. It wouldn’t be fair to insta kill an amazing skin on sight just because the frame itself has other skins  already.  

Anyways congrats to the artist who worked on the stuff this round. A lot of new people this time!

Of course artist submit what they like. No one said anything about Insta killing. I'm saying combing through for frames with less attention. For example if we have x amount of frames why can't that be a temporary postponement if there's x amount of skins. It keeps everything even. Of course older frames had more Tennogen because there were fewer frames. Now there are so many and sometimes feel like more than half of them are being ignored.

Dont get me wrong I have every wisp skin and aint no prime yet. Feel like she'll have more than the beginning frames. I have supported your works and many of the other great artists. I don't do Tennogen but I have seen threads and info from DE that sometimes mentions what they are currently looking for and what there currently not.  I'm sure there is still priority for skins that have less. There's always more behind-the-scenes stuff. For instance, I'm sure not many updated their submissions as requested since last Tennogen round, others may not have kept communication open or more.

At the end of the end of the day I'm just saying it would be nice to see some challenging frames get some love like xaku sevagoth etc. Nekros is popular to a point and he have 1 accepted Tennogen. Sometimes an alt helm is better than nothing. I've seen artists mentioned how some newer frames are difficult to reskin definitely understandable. Any news of one of your sevagoth helmets possibly being accepted? Any plans to tackle a skin for him?

So many great artists and works through Tennogen. Just so many not updated within last year. Very few newbies. Ventralhound: had no idea working on landing craft skin,  really loved their yareli helm next please. So happy LostEpoch finally have one accepted after so many works. Lot of collabs this round awesome work tennos. 

6 hours ago, Goosmo said:

I'm currently working on a sevagoth skin if that makes you happy.

Real MVP, will be looking out for it. Every frame imo deserves one Tennogen in my inventory so definitely will be buying. 

On 2022-05-27 at 2:59 PM, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Gara Adora Helmet by That1Cactus & blazingcobalt

On 2022-05-27 at 2:59 PM, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Caerulea Visor by Awk'Q-Luz & blazingcobalt

I've been watching and waiting for both of these to be accepted and now they are, so I can finally get them. 
I will need them as soon as possible. (Plz take my money, thank you.)

Congrats to the TennoGen artists! Especially a shoutout to the LostEpoch since I've seen him improve so much as an artist and I'm so glad for him to finally have an item into the game! As well as also to BlazingCobalt for his amazing and continuous hard work. Also very happy of their collab on the Gara Adora Helmet with That1Cactus as they are a phenomenal artist as well. And finally, a quick little shout to Ventralhound for their great job on the Liset Vammatar skin, as not only it's a good looking skin, but also because it's their first accepted item! First times all around. 

... Except not the last time for people complaining of course. Like, I get it. "Another [Insert Warframe] skin!? What about [Insert Warframe]?!" I've heard it all before. This is not an issue in regards to one Warframe getting a skin over another, rather it's one item getting denied and another getting accepted with no correlation or connection between those two results. Items are all rated on their own merit and *to some extent* to other items for comparison sakes / item variance, and this is due to how if DE has to give feedback on a rejected item; it's very hard to explain to an artist on how to improve their item if all they get is "Sorry, we saw another item that we liked more than yours so, yeah lol". 

On 2022-05-28 at 3:06 AM, (PSN)LadyAmbush said:

Of course artist submit what they like. No one said anything about Insta killing. I'm saying combing through for frames with less attention.

Wait, so what does "there should be a cap on Tennogen skins submitted. For example, we have had too many wisp skins from last few rounds" mean? Because to me, it seems very clear in referring to preventing TennoGen skins from being accepted solely based on previously accepted items. That would basically prevent artists from submitting what they like.  

For example if we have x amount of frames why can't that be a temporary postponement if there's x amount of skins.

That's exactly insta killing them before submission. Admittedly "temporary postponement" sounds more fair in a sense since it implies that those skins would be eligible next Round but... it's still not fair at all for those conditions to be set against the artists to arbitrarily restrict or delay their hard work from being given a chance.  

It keeps everything even. Of course older frames had more Tennogen because there were fewer frames. Now there are so many and sometimes feel like more than half of them are being ignored.

Sorry, but there are just multiple things wrong here. It would be be even if everyone was in fact making skins for Warframes that don't have that many skins, but that's *if*. Again, artists should be literally restricted from making as they please. Also not necessarily the case in regards to there being fewer frames? Some older Warframes like Trinity or Ash, while still having a decent amount of skins, still lack in comparison to their similarly-timed released counterparts. It usually has more to do with the design and complexity of the Warframe to design for, which to be honest, those two do have some more complexities to them that other Warframes usually don't deal with (such as rigid body model designs that can only be retextured). And again, items usually aren't ignored unless their quality is self-evident (like an item clearly has more issues than simple technical or stylistic issues, if you get what I mean).  

I don't do Tennogen but I have seen threads and info from DE that sometimes mentions what they are currently looking for and what there currently not.  I'm sure there is still priority for skins that have less. There's always more behind-the-scenes stuff.

Wait, could you elaborate on this? Because to a certain degree, you're correct because yes, DE has a set of guidelines in place in regards to what they expect and look for within a piece that would adhere to a faction style (IE Tenno, Grineer, Sentient, etc.), but I don't think that would extend to them looking for specific Warframes to add skins for. Admittedly, I do think a small adjustment to judging items for newer-released Warframes / ones with less skins could be warranted to some degree, but it still shouldn't cause situations where DE's guidelines are completely disregarded. 

Nekros is popular to a point and he have 1 accepted Tennogen. Sometimes an alt helm is better than nothing

Nekros has 4 accepted Tennogen, unless you are referring to skins, then yes he has only 1.  

5 hours ago, Scruffel said:

This is not an issue in regards to one Warframe getting a skin over another, rather it's one item getting denied and another getting accepted with no correlation or connection between those two results

would be be even if everyone was in fact making skins for Warframes that don't have that many skins,

Actually was not even a reference to denied pieces that is situational. It's more with popular artists and those a like working on similar content. Of course known artists are more technical with their works, experienced, and familiar so they are more likely to get their works accepted. But what about those artists who may have good works even older and seeing if they would like to update and rework on said items. Potentially a collaborative effort to get the ball rolling.  

But as I was referring to, if there was some incentive or special request to focus on those frames maybe we would get more options. 

seems very clear in referring to preventing TennoGen skins from being accepted solely based on previously accepted items. That would basically prevent artists from submitting what they like.

Clearly submission and acceptance are completely different. 

Admittedly "temporary postponement" sounds more fair in a sense since it implies that those skins would be eligible next Round but... it's still not fair at all for those conditions to be set against the artists to arbitrarily restrict or delay their hard work from being given a chance.

Admittedly, I do think a small adjustment to judging items for newer-released Warframes / ones with less skins could be warranted to some degree

Disagree then agree? Guess things are lost in translation. Clearly if everyone submitted same frame and no other options, they would be reviewed for current round not for next round. All was said was priority should be given to the works that have fewer or extremely different. They do it with dojo winners, clan who never won are given priority.

As far a mentioning of guidlines was speaking in general. Such as an older thread that mentioned specific weapons.

All this is because of a big popularity contest. Popular frame and from a popular artist. We just got to remember there are other tennos who play other frames. Let's be honest soon as we see a 1st alt skin for a frame some of us are quick to buy and run that frame. Example, protea revenant, hildryn. It's same with deluxe, "ohhhh a deluxe, finally!"

3 hours ago, (PSN)LadyAmbush said:

Actually was not even a reference to denied pieces that is situational.

I mean, you mentioned that a Yareli skin should have been highlighted, so that's what I naturally assumed.  

3 hours ago, (PSN)LadyAmbush said:

It's more with popular artists and those a like working on similar content. Of course known artists are more technical with their works, experienced, and familiar so they are more likely to get their works accepted. But what about those artists who may have good works even older and seeing if they would like to update and rework on said items. Potentially a collaborative effort to get the ball rolling.  

So this is something completely different then. This would just be DE reminding certain artists of old and previously denied submissions on the Workshop, which isn't a bad idea at all. It just confuses me as to why anything in regards to restricting item creation would be warranted or even suggested then.

4 hours ago, (PSN)LadyAmbush said:

Clearly submission and acceptance are completely different.

... If an item was going to be denied, based on measures that would not be based on the item itself, that would ultimately make submitting the item useless.  

Disagree then agree? Guess things are lost in translation. Clearly if everyone submitted same frame and no other options, they would be reviewed for current round not for next round. All was said was priority should be given to the works that have fewer or extremely different. They do it with dojo winners, clan who never won are given priority.

Look, if you don't want to be confused for advocating for items being as whole being denied based on Warframe, then just don't say it. Simple as that. Also, that situation with Dojo Winners is not comparable at all, because there's only 1 winner for each category, while in TennoGen there are always multiple and never just one. This is why I have to make clear that one item doesn't prevent another from being accepted, because I'm not confident that you understand. 

As far a mentioning of guidlines was speaking in general. Such as an older thread that mentioned specific weapons.

Right, and within that very first post, there's a link to the TennoGen Guide: https://www.warframe.com/steamworkshop/help/ That list from the post is outdated since skins for specific Melee weapons aren't really a thing anymore, as making the skin for the entire type of Melee works much better in delivering the same product but with more options.

All this is because of a big popularity contest. Popular frame and from a popular artist. We just got to remember there are other tennos who play other frames.

No... no it's not. While I can only concede that popularity (or even lack of) can definitely influence an artist to make something for a specific Warframe, but that's not how items are accepted. Again, it's based on the item and its coherence to the guidelines. Popularity would not be a fair factor to add in regards to that. And I do acknowledge that other players exist, but TennoGen still needs to function within its system on a consistent basis in order to properly work. And popularity really isn't consistent in a game in playable characters are still consistently added. 

1 hour ago, Scruffel said:

I mean, you mentioned that a Yareli skin should have been highlighted, so that's what I naturally assumed.  

So this is something completely different then. This would just be DE reminding certain artists of old and previously denied submissions on the Workshop, which isn't a bad idea at all. It just confuses me as to why anything in regards to restricting item creation would be warranted or even suggested then.

... If an item was going to be denied, based on measures that would not be based on the item itself, that would ultimately make submitting the item useless.  

Look, if you don't want to be confused for advocating for items being as whole being denied based on Warframe, then just don't say it. Simple as that. Also, that situation with Dojo Winners is not comparable at all, because there's only 1 winner for each category, while in TennoGen there are always multiple and never just one. This is why I have to make clear that one item doesn't prevent another from being accepted, because I'm not confident that you understand. 

Right, and within that very first post, there's a link to the TennoGen Guide: https://www.warframe.com/steamworkshop/help/ That list from the post is outdated since skins for specific Melee weapons aren't really a thing anymore, as making the skin for the entire type of Melee works much better in delivering the same product but with more options.

No... no it's not. While I can only concede that popularity (or even lack of) can definitely influence an artist to make something for a specific Warframe, but that's not how items are accepted. Again, it's based on the item and its coherence to the guidelines. Popularity would not be a fair factor to add in regards to that. And I do acknowledge that other players exist, but TennoGen still needs to function within its system on a consistent basis in order to properly work. And popularity really isn't consistent in a game in playable characters are still consistently added. 

Keeping it short and sweet Tenno. Even though your responses appeared full of either confusion or not actually reading previous posts, thank you for the wonderful interaction. Hopefully when newest Tennogen released, you'll share some of your fashion frame with new pieces if your on the discord. See you around Tenno. Be blessed. ☺

1 minute ago, (PSN)LadyAmbush said:

Keeping it short and sweet Tenno. Even though your responses appeared full of either confusion or not actually reading previous posts, thank you for the wonderful interaction. Hopefully when newest Tennogen released, you'll share some of your fashion frame with new pieces if your on the discord. See you around Tenno. Be blessed. ☺

... I clearly did read your posts, and I was only confused when you were contradicting yourself so, fine. I really just wanted to explain to how TennoGen worked because it seemed to me you had a very basic surface level understanding of it, which is fine on a certain level, but when it comes to giving feedback on how the program should improve, it would be important to know certain things and understand the entire process. So have a good day I guess. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

At this point, I really hope that releasing this round of TennoGen in two waves is off the table.

...or maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised and all new TennoGen items have been adjusted to offer Voidshell customisation options. 😉

Hi Tenno! In case you missed it, TennoGen Round 22 Part 1 arrives August 17th. The second batch will arrive a few weeks later.

22 hours ago, [DE]Ronnie said:

Hello Tenno!

It was so great connecting with you all–in some capacity or another–at TennoCon this year. Since then, we have deployed an all platform Hotfix and have been quietly working on exciting new content and updates for August (and beyond!). In the near future, we have an all platform update on August 17th; expect to see TennoGen Round 22 Part 1, Quality of Life improvements, and fixes. 

Following the update on August 17th, we are diving headfirst into streaming with 3 streams planned. We will have more information about the upcoming streams and respective dates next week!

TennoGen Round 22 Part 1, Releasing August 17 2022: 

TennoGen Round 22 Part 2, Releasing September 2022: 

14 hours ago, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Hi Corey- will you please look into the rest of the Tennogen console is missing and is there any ETA on when it’s coming? Because there is a bunch of Tennogen on console that is missing. 

Archived