The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE really did the Sentients dirty in The new war...

-Moctezuma-

The fact that the update about a war against the sentient race not adding new any new sentient missions nodes to further establish them as a faction in the game…

…has left a bad taste in my mouth.

I just wish I could know what were DE thinking, whats their reasoning behind this decision sigh

6 hours ago, _Euphoria_ said:

The fact that the update about a war against the sentient race not adding new any new sentient missions nodes to further establish them as a faction in the game…

…has left a bad taste in my mouth.

I just wish I could know what were DE thinking, whats their reasoning behind this decision sigh

DE being DE.

Spoiler

I've been a little bit disappointed in the end, after i understood that the quest has no actual effect on the world.
in the middle of the quest i thought that we will have 2 timelines, one before the war (operator timeline) and a second time line after the sentient took the solar system (drifter timeline) and that we will be able to switch between them so we will have much harder end-game missions where narmer in control (maybe even replace the steel path). also from a lore point of view, a lot of things doesn't make much sense now: why the sentient are still hostile to us if the lotus is the only sentient leader left alive? why stalker continue to hunt us if he and hunhow helped us to bring back lotus? and also it feels like a lot of questions that we had could have been answered but didn't. like the unum... she talked to us for a moment and then - nothing! i can understand why they make the sentient weaker at the parts when they wanted the quest to be more cinematic and tell a story but when we got our warframe back they could have buffed them. 

about the mission itself: i think that the story itself was great and interesting, the stuff that we got was good im only annoyed with what we didn't got... 

also i think it will also be good for DE.
they work so hard to make this quest and than we finish it in 3-4 hours and going back to the normal game... if they will make it so its create more missions in the world so it will give us more things to do for a while and is probably easier then making a story driven quest from the ground up.

On 2022-05-29 at 4:19 PM, shocker53 said:

We were so close to having something great in this update

Don't get me wrong the quest was incredible, but having some reskinned open worlds and some new weapons really felt like a slap in the face after all the hype and money DE put into advertising the update, I was ready for the Sentients to be an actual faction instead of a hitch hiker on everyone elses tilesets

At least the orbiter music tracks were good (Sunkiller and For Narmer respectively)

22 hours ago, (PSN)Tactless_Ninja said:

Thay also killed every Tenno in the universe offscreen and had to time paradox them back to life. 

I'm pretty sure the reasoning is that when Ballas threw the tenno into the void, it removed them from every possible timeline until they all escaped (which by the time that happened we were confronting Ballas already). That's why he says "even hell was not hot enough to split them" despite only shoving the MC tenno into the void using the lotus as bait.

Unless you mean to tell me Ballas lured every tenno into his ship and shoved them all down the same portal without any of the tenno finding out/escaping/attacking Ballas (which mind you would be much harder with the idea that tenno in this scenario likely would be in squads and that millions to billions of tenno exist,) it's the only thing I could think of that makes sense.

On 2022-05-29 at 1:13 PM, Leqesai said:

I'm going to agree that DE did sentients dirty simply because we have NO NEW SENTIENT FACTION MISSIONS (sorry for caps). They really missed an opportunity to integrate sentient enemies into more missions (every planet having 1-2 sentient faction missions similar to the infested variants we already have). Sentients were completely forgettable in the New War content IMO (despite being the primary 'threat' of the quest). 

Really really annoying that they spent years on this quest and it barely had any impact on the solar chart other than POE and Orb Vallis. New War was surprisingly disappointing with what opened up to players post-new war. No sentient nodes, no new game options (playing as the grineer/corpus etc.), no improved operator combat that was featured in New War...

New War basically felt to me like a huge waste of development resources because most of the 'content' therein was isolated (island) type stuff that DE has been criticized about for years. 

I will say I did enjoy the story elements of New War but as it connects now to the Zariman fan-fiction travesty I think the beneficial components to the story in New War are overridden by the nonsense of post-new war story.

Why would they go all out on the sentients this early in the story when we still have an entire solar system of them waiting in Tau? In fact, they walk, talk, plan and have emotions like us. I wouldn't be surprised if Tau was Star Chart 3.0!!

9 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

Why would they go all out on the sentients this early in the story when we still have an entire solar system of them waiting in Tau? In fact, they walk, talk, plan and have emotions like us. I wouldn't be surprised if Tau was Star Chart 3.0!!

I was expecting New War to be the catalyst for us going to Tau TBH.  Taking the war to the Sentients, you know? Not what we got at all. Just more carrot on a string.

23 hours ago, (PSN)Tactless_Ninja said:

Thay also killed every Tenno in the universe offscreen and had to time paradox them back to life. 

But they've never canonized how many Tenno are even alive in the first place besides the "player's" Tenno. Could still be the thousands or so from the Zariman/Old War or could be a few dozen or less in "modern time". And even then we don't know capable said Tenno would be since everything that happens only happens to the "player".

At best there is only one Tenno who's actually a threat to Ballas and that sought to rescue Lotus.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

I'm pretty sure the reasoning is that when Ballas threw the tenno into the void, it removed them from every possible timeline until they all escaped (which by the time that happened we were confronting Ballas already). That's why he says "even hell was not hot enough to split them" despite only shoving the MC tenno into the void using the lotus as bait.

Unless you mean to tell me Ballas lured every tenno into his ship and shoved them all down the same portal without any of the tenno finding out/escaping/attacking Ballas (which mind you would be much harder with the idea that tenno in this scenario likely would be in squads and that millions to billions of tenno exist,) it's the only thing I could think of that makes sense.

"The tenno" were created when our player operator took the deal with wally - To save them, they were given the void; But for the one who took the deal... the void became a part of US. WE became a singularity. All possible futures snuffed out, only the present we experience and the past we leave behind are what exists for us. 
The exception being the drifter, because the void isnt real and doesnt care about the rules of realspace (which is why there can ONLY be the drifter or the operator. There can never be both). 

13 minutes ago, (PSN)ARC_Paroe said:

"The tenno" were created when our player operator took the deal with wally - To save them, they were given the void; But for the one who took the deal... the void became a part of US. WE became a singularity. All possible futures snuffed out, only the present we experience and the past we leave behind are what exists for us. 
The exception being the drifter, because the void isnt real and doesnt care about the rules of realspace (which is why there can ONLY be the drifter or the operator. There can never be both). 

The new war literally says there are infinite possible realities, meaning there is a reality for each tenno where he is the MC.

Don't know about you, but for the past five minutes I've been going through the events of the most heated of arguements over the pivotal question "Is Kahl an eximus", and it was quite... something.

Forums, never change.

1 hour ago, ant99999 said:

Don't know about you, but for the past five minutes I've been going through the events of the most heated of arguements over the pivotal question "Is Kahl an eximus", and it was quite... something.

Forums, never change.

Haters will call Kahl an elite lancer

6 hours ago, Leqesai said:

I was expecting New War to be the catalyst for us going to Tau TBH.  Taking the war to the Sentients, you know? Not what we got at all. Just more carrot on a string.

Gotcha. I figured Tau would be last because the sentients have a big issue with the Orokin, of whom we have not seen in a very long time. Because of that, I figured Duviri was up next, then Tau.

Fast forward, we now know that only a force was sent back to Sol and all of the key sentient leads are present. Also knowing what the Zariman is, how big it is (basically a freaking planet) and the fact it was sabotaged meant that the void crash was intentional...Duviri, aka the world's largest population exposure test. 

11 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

Gotcha. I figured Tau would be last because the sentients have a big issue with the Orokin, of whom we have not seen in a very long time. Because of that, I figured Duviri was up next, then Tau.

Fast forward, we now know that only a force was sent back to Sol and all of the key sentient leads are present. Also knowing what the Zariman is, how big it is (basically a freaking planet) and the fact it was sabotaged meant that the void crash was intentional...Duviri, aka the world's largest population exposure test. 

The way New War was being discussed prior to the trailer for Duviri it looked very much like it would be a war against the sentient. The Umbra quest pretty much set up the sentients as the big-bads of New War as did pretty much everything they did lore-wise right up until New War dropped and did a 180 on everyone with the Narmer nonsense.

17 hours ago, ant99999 said:

Forums, never change.

Some of us really are bored enough to argue for days on inconsequential topics 😀

I think DE really missed an opportunity to make it a weeks or possibly month long event. We could have gradually fought against a Sentient invasion that first starts in the Veil and gradually takes over the system, locking out planets and nodes while we players fight to hold them back. During the even the Narmer cult could have been introduced first as a small nuisance but gradually turning more dangerous as they spread on the worlds the Sentients conquered. The end point of the event could have been a last stand at a dead end series of nodes on mercury which actually triggered the TNW quest.

It would have been more epic and could have kept us players busy for a long time. :(

2 hours ago, Prexades said:

I think DE really missed an opportunity to make it a weeks or possibly month long event. We could have gradually fought against a Sentient invasion that first starts in the Veil and gradually takes over the system, locking out planets and nodes while we players fight to hold them back. During the even the Narmer cult could have been introduced first as a small nuisance but gradually turning more dangerous as they spread on the worlds the Sentients conquered. The end point of the event could have been a last stand at a dead end series of nodes on mercury which actually triggered the TNW quest.

It would have been more epic and could have kept us players busy for a long time. :(

couldn't agree more!

On 2022-06-01 at 11:38 AM, -Moctezuma- said:

Kinda sad they left the sentients in the past and they moved on into void stuff now

(No more TAU system)

Im not sure on that. The Archimedean on zariman literally said she figured out how to get to Tau in one big jump instead of a lot of little ones. We might not get there in this story arch but eventually. If warframe lasts that long that is.

Archived