Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sounds of the System Panel TennoCon 2022: Submit Your Questions!

[DE]CoreyOnline

There are two "sound languages" in Warframe that I would love to see a breakdown of how they're made. 

1 - Sentient callings, just like, in general. Stuff like an Orphix arriving or an Eidolon's howl somehow manage to hit the both "synthetic" and "organic" vibe, and it's absolutely perfect. I would die to see how the sound design for my favorite faction is made.
2 - In Angels of the Zariman, and by extension the whole tileset, you can hear faint sounds coming from the void. But the strongest example I can think of is when you stand right next to the Eternal Relic in the Void Armageddon tile. You can hear these little pangs of... I don't even know how to describe it, it's like a woman's cry smashed through the doppler effect. I HAVE to know how they were made.
Thank you!

Q1 I may be imagining this on my own, but why in the middle of For Narmer do you use what sounds like the intro phrase to This Is What You Are? 

Q2 How did you record the scream that you hear when you do the incarnon Form ?

Q3 Soma is my favorite weapon. I love it because I love the sound of it firing. Now the firing sound that I liked has been changed. I know there are many reasons, but I would like to play it with the old firing sound if possible." Are there any plans to implement something like a sound skin ?

Thank you for all the great music and sounds of Warframe.😄

Q1 I completed The New War and met Drifter. I was impressed by his mature appearance. I thought it would be nice to have new voice actors and voices with different personalities. Do you have any plans to implement this in the future?

Q2 The background music in Zariman was wonderful. 
I got an image of something wandering and drifting through the whole piece. What did you have in mind when you composed the music?

Q3 After completing The New War, I went to the Plains of Eidolon for the first time in a long time to work on a new bounty mission. Tusk is one of my favorite songs. Do you plan to include it in SomaChord?
I would love to have it!

I always enjoy hearing new music and sounds with each update. Thank you very much.

Hello together,

cant believe it has been already another year and its time for the next Tennocon. I always look forward to the "Sounds of the System Panel" since the audiodesign in Warframe is top notch and i love to see the creative process behind its making. 

Since forever there have been skins and cosmetics in game for warframes and weapons. Now with a skin for your weapon you can change the appearance drasticly but the sound stays the same. You might get where im going. Your in a mission you see someone with a rifle you havent seen before but as soon as he shots you can hear it was the Latron all along.
Is there a possibility we get the option to choose how our shots and slashes sound like or is the sound for cognitive more important to stay the same than its appearance?

On what occation did the sound of a visual effect force a rework or the otherway round ?

We have heard it before that it is more tricky to make reoccuring soundeffects(picking up energy) feel right and nonrepetetiv, but how are you approaching these in development to begin with ?

The new Eximi are a fantastic example how the world of warframe more and more comes to life with in mission personalities ever since the Railjack-update(pilot communication and later on the crewmates or even before with the Liches) it has been improving and now they start talking our language aswell. 
How did you come up with this idea and what kind of tools did you use to get the RoboVoice of the Corpus just spot on? Really it sounds amazing just like the loaders in borderlands.

Thats it for now. Hope you guys have a pleasant June and see you at Tennocon. ☺️

Take it easy
_Vasur_

Is there any chance we'll ever get the tracks for The Heart of Deimos to be placed in the Cambrion Drift as somachord tones or something around that idea? I really loved the track that played in the login screen when the update came out and was bummed it wasn't heard from again since then.

First off, just want to say that the sound and music teams have been really killing it lately. The Zariman especially has a lot of wonderful atmosphere to it. As for my actual question, are we ever going to get a Warframe Soundtrack Part 2? I would love to give you more money for your work.

Is there any possibility that Warframe will one day get dubs for Brazilian Portuguese?

I understand the whole issue of the problem around putting the voices with the proper effects (as in the case of Rebeca doing the voice of Lotus) but I love the Brazilian dubbing and would love to see my beloved characters with voices in my native language.

Congrats on the work and keep trying hard

Hug

In the mission, some missions types will be converted to exterminate.Does it have any rules?Enemies density?Or the size of the squad?Or just some random value?All we know if all three Data Vaults have had their alarms triggered and data successfully retrieved, the objective will change into an Exterminate mission.Because I can't find the answer in any wikis and materials, I hope you can tell me.

Sorry to ask a general question on a topic-specific thread, but I can't seem to find a general questions thread anywhere? Or...threads for literally any other panel for 2022, tbh. Hopefully someone can point one out? Thank you!

Will you be improving gun sounds (Grineer and Tenno weapons, specifically) and explosion sounds to feel more authentic to real-world sounds? Most of these weapons and all the explosion sounds just lack the kind of punch you expect from real-world sounds. These gun and explosion sounds sound weak, imo.

Related to that, will we see an improvement to distance sounds? I've noticed you can't hear Grineer gun sounds from a distance, only the impacts. It would be nice to have some more realistic sound design where bullet sounds carry across distance. It would really change the way the gameplay feels, bringing more of a presence to gunfights.

Also, will Warframe ever get better directional audio?

Archived