Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Pride 2022

[DE]Dudley

cbe34682010c73649b207a745b0f5efe.jpg

In and out of the Origin System, our team and amazing community partners work hard to make each and every Tenno feel safe and included. 

Celebrate Pride year-round with a brand-new Pride Glyph and Pride Display, designed by Warframe Creator Debbysheen

We’re also releasing a new Pride Celebration Color Palette featuring the Progress Flag colors. The Palette, Glyph and Display were all designed with consultation from Rainbow Railroad.

These items can be redeemed all year-long via a code that we'll share at the end of June.
090a89b77f792ac4b61bbbb69e3dc112.jpg

You can find the Pride Glyph and Pride Celebration Palette for 1 Credit each, as well as the Pride Display – which can be purchased multiple times – for 5000 Credits in the in-game Market now until June 30 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Once purchased, these items will remain in your Inventory permanently.

Prime Time and Community Streams 

Celebrate inclusion and diversity with the Warframe community by tuning into Prime Time at www.twitch.tv/warframe on June 2 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. ET! Check out the in-game Relay and Dojo Fashion Showcase and be sure to share your Pride-themed screenshots and fan art for a chance to be showcased on future streams! 

LGBTQIAA+ Creator Spotlight

Don’t miss out on these LGBTQIAA+ streamers who foster communities welcoming to all Tenno. Tune in to each Creator for 45 minutes with a linked account for Twitch Drops designed to make your Orbiter feel like home! 

7333ee73939d2c79ab3bfb405e7d7193.png

JustHailey
Friday, June 3 from 4 p.m. ET to 8 p.m. ET at twitch.tv/justhailey
Drop: Warframe Articula 

SiejoUmbra
Friday, June 10 from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. ET at twitch.tv/siejoumbra
Drop: Unity Decoration

LadytheLaddy
Friday, June 17 from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. ET at twitch.tv/ladytheladddy
Drop: Mimica Shawzin

Miabyte
Friday, June 24 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. ET at twitch.tv/Miabyte
Drop: Lua Planter

Rainbow Railroad

Digital Extremes has made a $20,000 donation to Rainbow Road, a Toronto based not-for-profit organization! Rainbow Railroad works tirelessly to help LBGTQIAA+ members facing persecution based on their sexual orientation, gender identity and sex characteristics flee danger and cross borders to safety. 

Learn more about Rainbow Railroad and their work here, and check out this incredible feature on 60 Minutes.

Pride Glyph and Display Code
While the Pride Glyph and the Pride Display have been retired from the Market. You can use the code PRIDE2022 to redeem the Pride Glyph and Display until December 31. Just visit the in-game Market or http://warframe.com/promocode to redeem the code. Pride month may be over, but you can celebrate it year-round!

• Like 57

3 minutes ago, ColsonTheOrdisMechanic said:

I’m excited about the color palette.  By the looks of it, it has all of the common primary and secondary colors, along with black and white. 
Thanks DE!

Same feelings here<3 + gorgeous glyph (first one - it is more fancy because of lighting).

• Like 9

1 hour ago, [DE]Dudley said:

cbe34682010c73649b207a745b0f5efe.jpg

Out of curiosity, is there a way that the rainbow-colored lotus flower could be an emblem or glyph as well?

I thought that since the design of it changes for every major update, it would be neat to have something to remember past designs of it in-game somehow; I think there have been for some of the updates, but not all to my knowledge.

• Like 12

6 hours ago, [DE]Dudley said:

I will say the color pallet is jawdroppingly amazing for free to play players. Near if not actual true black, plus full white in one pallet along with some good blues, purples, and reds? 

I do find it annoying they went with lesbians as representation because i've always seen two gay women as 'easymode' representation. Even bigots like my stepdad will thumbs up at lesbians. Where's my Oberon/Nekros glyph? I don't even LIKE the pairing and I'm straight, but c'mon DE. give the bros some love too.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, quxier said:

What does this mean? I can find, more or less, this term but with only one "A".

Not surprising, people do keep arbitrarily adding more to the acronym whenever they decide some other subset exists deserving a specific mention. Which in turn makes anything left in the 'and others' implicatively seem lesser than the ones that did make the cut.

You'd think by now they'd just make the whole thing something generalised and open-ended, considering the idea is that people are equally valid regardless of their dispositions, not just whatever happens to be defined at the time.

Disclaimer: Nothing offensive or personal meant against any identifier, just appraising the acronym behaviour over time.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Not surprising, people do keep arbitrarily adding more to the acronym whenever they decide some other subset exists deserving a specific mention. Which in turn makes anything left in the 'and others' implicatively seem lesser than the ones that did make the cut.

You'd think by now they'd just make the whole thing something generalised and open-ended, considering the idea is that people are equally valid regardless of their dispositions, not just whatever happens to be defined at the time.

Disclaimer: Nothing offensive or personal meant against any identifier, just appraising the acronym behaviour over time.

Isn't "Queer" supposed to be the blanket term anyway? At least according to Wikipedia. Like couldn't we just shorten LGBTQIAA+ all the way down to just Q? Or is there something else I'm missing here?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Yeah, if every people would want to add letters to that acronym it would be probably as long as this sentence (if not longer).

I think someone from that communities suggested another term. It more general and it doesn't need any more letter to include other stuffs. Sadly I don't remember and I cannot find it.

• Like 3

I always thought the + was an implied inclusive in the LGBT+ acronym.

Then again the letters that are there imply a sort of 'we were here first' position that not explicitely included letters have. Which goes against the intent. 

This is a discussion worthy of having, though as a straight man and thus even if I get given just as much crap as an 'ally' (and I genuinely HATE that term even if applicable because I'veoften had it used against me as armtwisting 'As a Good Ally You Must-' and then implied if not outright statement that 'I' must be someone else's punching bag.) I still feel like I can at best give observations and me dictating is.... in poor taste.

• Like 4

1 час назад, Ghin. сказал:

There's a group of like 10-15 trolls spamming the Steam Warframe forum right now with hate speech. Kinda depressing.

Well, maybe because people dont like this weird thing about bringing political (lgbt blabla propaganda) stuff in GAME? Games are not for propaganda or such stuff, they are for playing. So its obvious for alot of people this feels weird and they dislike it.    

Like why the hell do we need to speak in GAME about genders of players and stuff?? Nobody should care about players genders, races, preferenses - games are for playing! all this stuff doesnt matter there, lol.

Thats why forcing this feels uncomfortable for people.

Pride...pf.
(edit: typo)

Edited by Melanholic7
  • Like 28

5 minutes ago, Melanholic7 said:

Well, maybe because people dont like this weird thing about bringing political (lgbt blabla propaganda) stuff in GAME? Games are not for propaganda or such stuff, they are for playing. So its obvious for alot of people this feels weird and they dislike it.    

Pride...pf.

Generally I dislike 'pride month' displays, mostly because of how blatantly insincere they are. 

DE is doing something that most don't, however, by having this up year round. Plus they routinely promote and point to minority content creators (gay, or otherwise) so there is a feeling of sincerity that most such displays lack.

• Like 8

Just now, Melanholic7 said:

I dunno, why players cant ask company to do something? We (community) are doing this every day/week/year. Asking them doing this, doing that, focusing this and that. And cause they made this (weirdly) related to the game now - we, gamers, can discuss this from game perspective and ask devs to do something about this, if we want to.   

Thats not very nice trying to shut people's mouthes. Lol. 

"Oh my god why can't we ask DE to stop supporting a community and bend to my ignorant worldview??"

Demanding DE to take this event out is already trying to shut the conversation down. I'm just it dishing it back. Or is this as always - works only one sided? =)

• Like 16

Thank you, DE! While most other companies are insincere about Pride Month, I know you mean it. You're here for us all year round with donations you've made to supportive charities, characters like Ticker and Varzia, Xaku, the non-explicitly-gendered Operator customization system, and the moderation actions and policies that have been unpopular with some people but which make Warframe a more welcoming, less toxic place. Thanks to you, I can just relax and play a game without having to deal with bigots and trolls.

Edited by Vaz2017
  • Like 16

41 minutes ago, Vaz2017 said:

Thank you, DE! While most other companies are insincere about Pride Month, I know you mean it. You're here for us all year round with donations you've made to supportive charities, characters like Ticker and Varzia, Xaku, the non-explicitly-gendered Operator customization system, and the moderation actions and policies that have been unpopular with some people but which make Warframe a more welcoming, less toxic place. Thanks to you, I can just relax and play a game without having to deal with bigots and trolls.

See, Ticker is adorable. Varzia is that crazy aunt you see a couple times a year with her live in and she has all the best stories. theyr' there. Varzia's a bit raunchy but eh. They're part of the world. it feels like 'eh just a thing.' Dax soldier got let out of the freezer and she wants off the chain.

It really is the voiceowrk that sells it.

ticker's lore entry though.... It's why she's in the business of promises.

• Like 6