Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A new Warframe game based off Planetside 2

-Moctezuma-

What if DE ever thinks about partering with the creators of Planetside 2, and work on a new videogame which will basically be like Planetside 2 but Warframe themed.

For those who don't know what Planetside is 

"PlanetSide 2 is a free-to-play massively multiplayer online first-person shooter developed by Rogue Planet Games and published by Daybreak Game Company. The game supports battles with thousands of players"

it's pretty much Battlefield but at a much bigger scale and futuristic, 1000 v 1000 battles in a giant map (all of them players, no bots)

Think about how we play as the Grineer and Corpus in the new war, now think of it on a much bigger scale

PIt4p3m.png

You can choose up to 3 factions, now imagine these 3 factions replaced by The Grineer, Corpus, and the Infested

PRsTsI9.png

You'd have the grineer faction with their respective vehicles like the Dargyn and Thumpster doma charging at an army of Corpus and the Infested.

Take a look at this clip and imagine it

23 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

no thanks... if I wanted to play a battle royale (or similar genre) I'd play a battle royale.

Who the hell said battle royale???

This is nothing like battle royale, it's battlefield with 1000 v 1000 players and diferent factions

not a goofy fortnite clone.

7 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

It's a large scale side a versus side b...  basically a team based battle royale

By that logic Halo slayer is a battle royale lol

"A battle royale game is an online multiplayer video game genre that blends last-man-standing gameplay with the survival, exploration and scavenging elements of a survival game."

Planetside 2 isn't like this, it's closest comparation is Battlefield yet it's very diferent.

Also keep in mind, it would be a diferent game, nobody would be forcing you to play it.

2 minutes ago, -Moctezuma- said:

By that logic Halo slayer is a battle royale lol

"A battle royale game is an online multiplayer video game genre that blends last-man-standing gameplay with the survival, exploration and scavenging elements of a survival game."

Planetside 2 isn't like this, it's closest comparation is Battlefield yet it's very diferent.

funny because that video you linked to is basically showing those highlighted text elements....but hey either way... still not interested

It would also require DE to get servers to host this and that just isn't going to happen

2 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

funny because that video you linked to is basically showing those highlighted text elements

There is no "last man standing" nor need for "exploration" in PS2. then again you never played Planetside 2.

2 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

.but hey either way... still not interested

i'd be a separate game from Warframe, not forcing people to play it.

21 hours ago, -Moctezuma- said:

What if DE ever thinks about partering with the creators of Planetside 2, and work on a new videogame which will basically be like Planetside 2 but Warframe themed.

For those who don't know what Planetside is 

"PlanetSide 2 is a free-to-play massively multiplayer online first-person shooter developed by Rogue Planet Games and published by Daybreak Game Company. The game supports battles with thousands of players"

it's pretty much Battlefield but at a much bigger scale and futuristic, 1000 v 1000 battles in a giant map (all of them players, no bots)

Think about how we play as the Grineer and Corpus in the new war, now think of it on a much bigger scale

PIt4p3m.png

You can choose up to 3 factions, now imagine these 3 factions replaced by The Grineer, Corpus, and the Infested

PRsTsI9.png

You'd have the grineer faction with their respective vehicles like the Dargyn and Thumpster doma charging at an army of Corpus and the Infested.

Take a look at this clip and imagine it

I have played Planetside and despite not knowing what I'm doing, I can say it's fun like when I'm riding to the enemy base near the start of a map opening up with a ton of other people. The large amount of players in a map really makes the game feel alive.

While a big map Warframe pvp game would be cool, I feel like it would be hard to have the titular Warframes in a way that's not op. While it could include Warframe universe characters like grineer and corpus instead of frames, that's not the main reason why people liked Warframe in the first place.

• 2 months later...

Archived