Echoes of the Zariman: Update 31.6

2 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

6158ce4b2218ba9a104f6afdefb99528.png

NEW EPHEMERAS 

Cavalero has also updated his wares with new Ephemeras that are very inspired by Void Angel and Void Energy designs. Purchase the Blueprints for Standing and craft them to imbue yourself with the ethereal nature of the Void.  

Raptwing Ephemera
Take on the majesty of an angel’s wings. Give yourself an extra set of helping hands with this Angel-inspired Ephemera. The Ephemera’s arms will move to mirror your original set of arms.

Raptwing Ephemera does not mirror your arms:

After getting the chance to play with it a bit, the directional movement in void sling feels nice! It'll take me awhile to stop automatically turning my camera when I really just need to strafe, but overall I appreciate the improvement^^ Also, 2/3 of the way to fulfilling new my ultimate life goal (TINY SHIP).

Posted (edited)

Ventkids sigil preview shows vox solaris sigil instead of its actual sigil.

Update: not just preview, the actual sigil also showed as vox solaris of the same rank as the one chosen instead of the one showed on the list.

Edited by Horactius
update

Just letting you know that Garuda's Dread Mirror still cannot be cast on enemies with Overguard (this is a bug), and Zenurik's Temporal Drag (the nerfed version) still doesn't have aligned visuals and effect - the visuals go in the direction the Operator is facing, while the effect goes in the direction of the camera.

And Void Dash is still too slow to use it for long distance travel (which was it's purpose before), as it stands you might as well just delete it.

Oh, and the nerf to Emergence Dissipate was totally uncalled for. Why even make the orbs not sucked in by vortex abilities? It was just nice when using Vazarin (the only school without a damage buff by the way). I guess we're not allowed to have nice things.

• Like 1

Added individual extraction to endless Zariman missions (Void Cascade, Void Flood, and Void Armageddon).

• In order to solo extract from endless Zariman missions, simply head to the elevator and hold to extract at the panel. Traditionally, in other endless missions you could solo extract by waiting out the timer at the extraction point, but doing that here will only extract once all team members have joined you in the elevator. We may explore this option for Zariman missions, but for now manual solo extraction is available! 

Maybe a weird ask, but might we be able to get this sort of "manual extract" for other endless missions?

For one, it'd feel more organic and interactive, literally calling our landing craft in to pick us up. That's pretty nifty, I think. I've actually quite liked the "hold to extract" in the Zariman missions for this reason.

But for two, it would simply be faster than waiting for a timer. Besides being very convenient, if someone is extracting because the enemy is too tough and they're dying, it's not great if they're having to continue dealing with those enemies in the tighter confines of an extraction point!

I think this could easily be done in addition to the timer, having an invisible interactive that lets us "accelerate extraction", so we don't need to change how things work now, just add on to it. :)

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Fixed the "Press to view profile" text no longer appearing when hovering over players. 

Why was View player profile along with others removed from the chat options menu? This features was useful when squading up or trading. If it's intentional, then it's another downgrade. 👎

Edited by Mixnek
They have reverted it back to normal.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

b63ae825f477ea74d871ebabce874233.png

NEW: VOID’S SONG SHAWZIN

So basically we're playing music on the skin of a dead crew member/family member on the Zariman Ten-Zero? Because this is clearly what you implied before this drop.  And while this might not be echoes back to a darker time in the world (think: World War II), while everyone will think "oh cool"  some of us were taught to remember otherwise.  And this is one of those otherwise moments.  

Fixed Arson Eximus blast attacks not hitting through Limbo’s Rift.

All well and good, however what about Arson and Energy Leech Eximus still casting their ability and damaging the player even after the player killed the Eximus?  So they can still cast and do damage even before the dead man's trigger has been removed in death?  This seems incredibly vindictive and goes against most of the usual lore we oldtimers remember going all the way back to 2013.  

NEW: Open Landscape Fast Travel - Blinkpads!

And with this where I have grave concerns

While it's good for the players working on getting the Archwing Segment from the Clan Dojo to be able to travel these maps quickly and effortlessly, it's bad for new players that are working on the assumptions that Orb Vallis, Plains of Eidolon and even Cambion Drift are for new players.  Overall, they most certainly are notThese maps were made for veterans at the time who were bored with the current content and were given this to placate their already grossly overpowered kits and configs.  

I have tried to consistently tell new players to come back to these big maps later on when they become more familiar with both the gaming mechanics and their playstyle.  And everyone that doesn't listen either has to be hard carried (because they lack both the mods and the understanding of the game) and quickly get frustrated with the difficulty of many of these missions if they try to do these missions without someone with more experience.  

By giving them the ability to fast travel through these maps, you're basically going to be adding to their overall frustration at the insanely steep learning curve you still haven't addressed correctly.  Further, by giving them the fast roam ability in these maps, you're raising the frustration levels to either laze or leech

their way to being hard carried to these bounties for mods and materials they're not ready for in much the same manner as players that didn't even get to Second Dream were hoping to be hard carried to getting Arcanes from Eidolons.  

Perhaps a little forethought as to who can use those blink pads should have been considered first before dropping them so cavalier into the map based on complaints the maps are "too big".  

Lighting Changes: 

Ugh...  Pretty and yet...  still so wrong.  I was watching a friend showing the new blink pads as I was writing this and saw the weird lighting effects on the country side from this pic (in the after): 

b5d513afde15abb7ce7027272659e6e4.png

All the while wondering where the light sources were to make sense of it.  I'm sure it's a problem with game engine limitations in much the same way that this occurred in the past (where there was no light source present yet it was still projecting anyway: 

rzAjoj8.jpg

And yes, Lua is behind those clouds based on that light source location.  Which makes me scratch my head and think Nanidafuq?! 

It'll set my teeth on edge, and I'll just grin and bear the insanity because some things just can't be improved.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

The Blinkpads look really out of place. Adding some fitting details to their Materials would do wonders for them. Dirt to the ones in the Plains, snow to the ones in the Vallis and infested-flesh-goo to the ones in the Drift.

Edited by Petroklos
  • Like 6

Posted (edited)

Hi :)

Seems trade is broken "Failed to make offer"

Also invitation from dojo dont work "Could not parse targetId"

And as mentioned above there's no longer a 'Profile' button when clicking on a person's username in chat

Also i just noticed that Excalibur Prime icon appear in my profile :D

Fix please

Edited by _N_I_N_T_E_N_D_O_
Excalibur Prime icon
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

OPERATOR CHANGES 

MULTIDIRECTIONAL VOID SLING

We have added multidirectional movement to Void Sling! 

Before: Void Sling would only let you sling forward in the direction of the camera. 

Now: Void Slings are all about player direction input, no longer dependent on the camera.

How to execute

To BACK SLING, hold the S key and Void Sling - observe the Operator slinging towards the camera instead of away. The back sling will always be backwards, regardless of camera angle. Same goes for slinging sideways, hold either A or D and Void Sling - observe the Operator slinging in the direction the Operator is running.

Good, but just a reminder for those who only used dashes to go foward; we had this in the previous system too, and I personally am not enitirely forgiving it's arriving late.

Maybe I will go back to using Operator again, thanks.

ARCANE STAT CHANGES PER RANK

We’ve adjusted the values of older Arcanes with the goal of making lower rank Arcanes more viable, and more desirable while collecting as a result. In short, there are three stats that each Arcane tends to have (speaking generally) -- for example, a percentage chance, a stat buff, and the duration of the buff. 

Certain Arcanes increase all of these stats per rank (making them scale exponentially), but we are changing it so that only one stat is affected by rank (making it scale linearly). The other stats will now be at the max-rank value regardless of the Arcane Rank, thereby buffing lower-rank Arcanes as a result.

Hmm, neato.

NEW: PARALLAX LANDING CRAFT 

A new Landing Craft has been added! The Parallax was designed for Zariman interplanetary research. It can deploy the advanced Orokin Eye Air Support*, which would have allowed colonizers to study areas rich in rare resources before landing. Ordis scans the area (within 150m) for rare items. 

The Parallax can be purchased via the in-game Market for Platinum or players can craft it by purchasing its Blueprint for Credits and finding its component blueprints via the Reinforced Carrypods located in the Zariman. 

The Parallax also has 4 skins available for purchase in the in-game Market! They can each be purchased separately or in the Parallax Landing Craft Collection. 

*Players who own the Parallax can equip its Orokin Eye Air Support on their other Landing Crafts. 

While we are on the topic of Air Support, why the 10 minute cooldown? With how well they scale (sarcasm) if it's not pure utility, like Liset's Override and this newcomer, it feels...like nothing. When I hear the words ''Air Support'', I expect Ride of the Valkyries to start playing, and ground forces jump for joy that their guardian angels have come to the rescue. Outside of clutch saving sortie spy/rescue missions, it's preaty unimportant.
Could we discuss some sort of rework? Maybe something to do with Railjack enhancing them?
For example: Carpet Bomb calls in your Railjack crew to fire at your location. If the tile-set is a grineer or corpus ship, it could cause an environmental hazzard dependant on your equipped turrets.
Example_2: Railjack crew moves in to fire an overcharged beam from the artillery segment. Let's say it's as wide as affinity range. Friendly fire is turned on, so an impenetrable shield (re-using Frost's Globe assets) is spawned where you drop the Air Shupport; and on a defence mission, it better be over the objective. Or maybe the shield could be a separate Air Support, perhaps that of Mantis, making this move require team-work.

It doesn't necessarily have to be powerful, but something that changes up the game-play, you know.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update, looks like a lot of good fixes! Thank you for mentioning transference cooldown and confirming that it is unintended and will be removed. The only thing I have to complain about is Void Dash still not being reintroduced. It was objectively better than Void Sling and didn't deserve to be removed. Eidolon hunting now only uses Void Sling to proc the sling strength buff from Madurai, and nothing else. General use of it in missions is discouraged and often times significantly slower than just bullet jumping with a normal frame not having been modded for parkour velocity. For this reason, I and many others ask that Void Dash be reintroduced as a toggle in the settings menu or elsewhere, Void Sling doesn't have to be removed but we would like our operator movement back. This and other issues with the AoZ update were addressed in a post by Magnus, which I will link here and encourage everyone seeing this to read.

• Like 4

Things i've noticed with new update:

- loading screen image doesn't stretch the image to fit screen, leaving black bars on both sides

- Bad performance and stutering for a significant ammount of time when loading into a hub or a mission, after a few seconds it's gone, but it's lasting an unusual ammount of time compared to the previous update

• Like 3

What angers me the most is that, with the Emergence Dissipate nerf, we now have to slot Energize in most of the builds again, leaving us only with 1 arcane slot.

It's a shame that we don't have the choice to use the new arcanes because they'll underperform compared to the old ones. Dissipate gave us the chance to have more variety when building, and the destroyed it again.

After doing some testing on the arcane, it'll still have its uses when there's a lot of mob density, as you can get a chunk of energy by spamming it much slower than before every few seconds, but you can no longer regen energy out of isolated enemies at a reasonable pace.

They've killed the arcane for me. I'll slot Wukong and Bramma and keep playing as DE wants me to do.

• Like 8

Gotta say I'm really disappointed in this update again, void dash still feels super slow compared to the old one, transference lockout delay still exists, Laetum and Dissipate got nerfed, just.... oof, no fun to be had here.

• Like 7