Echoes of the Zariman: Update 31.6

5 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Syndicate Rank Sigils have been added to Offerings in their respective Town hubs. These Sigils are purely cosmetic and do not offer Standing while equipped. 

• ¬†

But why only cosmetic? Warframes have two slot sigils. You can make it work like that > One sigil from normal syndicates and one sigil for 'extra' syndicates. Lets be honest... there are some syndicates that are way too annyoing to rank up and having that standing gain from sigil will for sure make it less boring.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

MULTIDIRECTIONAL VOID SLING

We have added multidirectional movement to Void Sling! 

Before: Void Sling would only let you sling forward in the direction of the camera. 

Now: Void Slings are all about player direction input, no longer dependent on the camera.

So let me get this straight: We went from the in every possible way superior Void Dash, to a slow Void Sling for "better control". It was terribly slow so you increased its speed. Great, except now it is uncontrollable, you just have to hope that noscoping camera aiming will get you where you want to go, because we dont have time to aim (it was a step in the right direction but I want you to feel how stupid your narrative is: the first tweak killed the better control aspect of void sling). And now we receive multidirectional void sling, which behaves exactly like void dash did (loosing even more controllability) except a few "minor" problems: It travels a shorter distance, It is slower aaand it still has the idiotic fraction of a second delay during which I am supposed to aim!

What needs to happen to realize that you messed up bigtime and GIVE BACK VOID DASH???

• Like 14

I am someone very patient.

I am also polite, and that's why I won't use harsh words, but i want you to know that I really want to, regarding the latest updates and the overall direction of the game.

I will start with void sling:

Since the showcase of it in the devstream, nobody wants it. A large number of player have voiced their dissatisfaction toward the "adjustements".

You ignored most of it.

What was the use of void dash? Quick movements, specificaly in open spaces. The dash was responsive, fast and precise.

What is void sling? It is slow, unresponsive, clunky and miss target most of the time. Obviously, void sling does not have the same use than void dash. In fact, it has no use at all.

Again, players have voiced that a long time ago. But you did not care.

Then, let's talk about Overguard:

That, you didn't show in devstream. You knew that players would point out its flaws, so you hid it behind the "eximus rework". Such a massive change SHOULD HAVE BEEN showed in devstream at least to allow feedback. You choose not to. Regarding the mechanic, it's awfull.

Let's review the current situation of the game shall we? Most mission focuses on high to extremly high cadence of killing hordes of mobs. Not because it is possible, but because it is mandatory. Therefore, the "meta" or more realisticly, the way that is intended to play is to spam high damage AOE tools (abilities or weapons). CC have a lot less uses than DPS in the game. For example, ESO is 100% aimed to maxing DPS with CC frames being rather useless. Same goes for a lot of other missions types.

Yet, you choose to nerf CC, that already was less used than high DPS. Consequence? You pushed the AOE spam to be more present than ever, even if you keep saying that that's not what you want by nerfing regularly tools for doing so, such as arca plasmor, kuva bramma, catchmoon, kuva nukor and many others.

Overguard is a stupid mechanic. It does the exact opposite as you should do. To "adress" the complains that player have voiced (reddit have a lot to say and also somedy made a nice survey on eximus units showing results that "should" interest you if you cared), you buffed overguard by not allowing it to be vulnerable to viral (viral not being a CC but I guess you couldn't care less).

You seek more "diversity of approach" right? So why did you reduce the ways to deal with eximus/overguarded units?

Right now, you can CC eximus for a good chunk of their lifespan. You need to remove overguard. How? Since they are immune to ALL form of CC, going with melee is stupid. They are not staggered by any weapons, and their abilities will kill you (because you are still vulnerable to both damage and CC). Get burned, blasted, poisoned, zapped, and so on.

Which ends up with the only good way of dealing with eximus: bombing them from afar. Nice gameplay diversity...

After the latest devstream and the self-satisfaction shown by Pablo on the topic of overguard and his reflexion that "yes CC frames have been nerfed but it increased to importance of support" shows that the dev team don't understand the game anymore.

I could go on a rant on how some frame terribly lost on usability but I will be short here since you don't really care: for example, Limbo rift is supposed to be safe for him. He can't reach outside, outside can't reach him. That's his only self defense tool, the very control rift environment. But eximus abilities can for some stupid reason reach him. It's stupid beyond words.

Also, more diversity on gameplay? Why nerf the alternative that would encourage to use something else than zenurik?

I would like to have a refund on my 21 emergence dissipate arcanes. Of course, for those who have not understand, I know that it will never happen. Same goes for Laetum (for this update) and many other nerfs (energize say hello).

I could also talk about the awfull reward distribution, bloated drop tables, increasingly stupid pilling of ressources that you keep adding each update to be used for 3 items then forgotten to the void, but those are problems that exist for so long that everyone knows that.

Up to the new war, I still found the game rather fun, and somehow "listened" by the dev team. But the narmer bounties being a shameless lazy reskin of normal bounties just for the sake of it, the lack of care for the updates after that, the lack of understanding of your own game grow me tired.

Overfeeding meager QOL to hide problems is not something I dig in a game.

Keep giving me -50%/-75% coupons on login, I won't use them.

I won't support you anymore. I am tired. You don't understand why your game was fun.

I am with you since 2014, with ups and downs, some periods without play when I don't feel like it but overall satisfied, but not anymore.

How long I will have a little spark within telling me that it will get better because the dev team care? I don't know.

• Like 15

• Fixed the intended heavy attack wind up time not applying to Gunblades when spammed.¬†
    • This also fixes melee charges (from any melee weapon) being ignored when spammed.¬†

Fixed the intended heavy attack wind up time for the weapon itself but not including the mods. Ha ha ha very funny, I'm not laughing though. Like seriously, adding heavy attacks wind up speed mods doesn't really have any much difference or should I say; no differences at all? It's like I'm trying to get Grendel to shoot out an old lotus' nanny panty out of his stomach that he ate months ago.

• Like 6

Emergence Dissipate
WHILE IN VOID SLING: Press the weapon firing input to dissipate the endpoint in a 10m (was 7.5m) radius. Enemies hit have a 100% (was 50%) chance to create a short lived Void Mote that replenishes 5/10 energy on pick up.

• We have also made the following changes to Emergence Dissipate:¬†
    • Void Motes are no longer affected by ‚Äėvortex‚Äô abilities like Void Snare.¬†
    • Added a 1.5 second delay between generating Void Mote from the same enemy.¬†
      • Emergence Dissipate was conceptualized as a weaker alternative to Zenurik‚Äôs energy gain, but ended up being even stronger than the Energy-focused school in certain cases, going against the Focus rework goals of each school having a unique niche. The above changes also seek to maintain the original goals we had with Void Sling; to encourage a more controlled behavior instead of a spam-centric loop. The slight cooldown motivates more mindful gameplay, but with the benefit of the stat buffs it has received for lower levels.
  • Now that the chance is guaranteed, the new description is ‚ÄúWHILE IN VOID SLING: Press [fire input] to dissipate the endpoint in a 10m radius. Enemies hit create a short lived Void Mote that replenishes 5/10 energy on pick up.

Thanks for killing build diversity and entire frames' ability to do their thing again. DE taking the nerf bat to anything that makes the game better is getting more exhausting and aggravating with every 'balance fix'. Ya can keep Duviri if things keep going this way, the game's not going to be fun to play by the time it comes out.

• Like 14

The Grappling Hook changes are good, but a bit too much.

Bullet Jump by itself allowing you to escape the Grappling Hook is not a good decision, because that means you don't have ANY restraints in movement which means Chargers, Leapers, and so forth have no avenue to harm you. Rolling is good, and the melee stagger is quite exactly what I wanted. However, there needs to at least be a penalty to airborne movement, and a massive amount of buffs needed to the Infested Faction as whole in order to make them threatening besides being one shot by toxic grappling hooks.

The Eximus change that removed viral as a workable status effect is... Not ideal in my opinion. Viral should work, but magnetic should also work in order to make the status effect more meaningful outside of Corpus, or rather, outside of enemies that are immune to toxin damage bypassing shields. Keeping it at one or two stacks of each would also promote build diversity, as Viral and Magnetic would give you a sizeable buff closer to what a full stack of just one would give you against Overguard.

While the arcane changes that make them worthwhile at lower ranks is a fantastic and welcomed change, I wish that the entirety of Arcanes were looked over. For example, what is the point of Virtuos Fury now that Eternal Eradicate exists? It's harder to activate, lasts less time, has a worse buff, and is harder to obtain than Eternal Eradicate, which you can simply farm from enemies.

The Theorem arcanes have too many moving parts for not enough benefit. For example, Theorem Contagion requires you to stand in a specific spot after a chance of proccing a Residual arcane for multiple seconds, seeks a random enemy in a short distance for a very short lived buff, and the globes themselves only have a limited time if there are no enemies currently available.

Ideally, the globes should last indefinitely until they are consumed, and they should only hit the enemy that you shoot so that it's not consumed on, say, a Volatile Runner that exists to die relatively close to you. Residuals should also be guaranteed to proc with a cooldown of maybe 5-7.5 seconds so that it's not effect overload.

I'm most definitely not going to say that Emergence Dissipate didn't deserve a nerf. It almost completely trivialized energy economy. However, the nerf it received was too severe. The cooldown of 1.5 seconds is very long. If the cooldown is so long, it should have a larger range than 10 meters. Maybe 15 meters would be more reasonable, as with the changes to void sling it's somewhat unwieldy to accurately place the endpoint of the sling. In just a few frames, it goes from 5 meters out to 15 meters out.

• Like 1

Added individual extraction to endless Zariman missions (Void Cascade, Void Flood, and Void Armageddon).

Fixed* endless Zariman missions not having individual extraction (Void Cascade, Void Flood, and Void Armageddon).

Added a 1.5 second delay between generating Void Mote from the same enemy.

Probably one of the things people will be talking about the most after this update and yet not a single word about it in the devstream that showcased all these changes.

RIP people who thought this would both replace zen and energize.¬†ūü§£ūü§£ūü§£

Magus Elevate 
On Transference In: 95% (was 30%) chance to restore 50/300 Health to Warframe

Always wondered, why does this have 95% instead of 100%? 

0.05 (5%) is literally the value most used for statistical significance, so why would you even have this as the max value in the first place

To annoy a low, but statistical significant, part of the users when it doesn't proc?ūü§Ē¬†¬†ūüėā

• Like 3

Now that the new war is out, are you going to fix nyx, khora, titania, banshee and  nova deluxe skins? you change the textures after purchase witch is a scam

1. sometimes enemies glow in the dark for some reason is really distracting

2. when casting mirage clones the screen flickers randomly¬†¬†this was report months a go can you fix it a can¬īt see your animations

3. give us the option to remove auto exposure and vignette 

4. give us the option to keep xaku body on, the skeleton and the running animation look weird

5. nikana zaw holster style is bug

6. the valkyr deluxe has some problems, DE fix the seams. now can you fix the clipping 

Her breast deforms in a weird way¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† Crappy metallic material can¬īt be colored if you use darker colors¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† the goofy arms clip like hell¬†

Spoiler

230410-20220427120635-1.png

here are other examples of the arm clipping¬† you can¬īt even move with out this falling apart, and is mostly the left arm that clips and deforms the chest

Spoiler

230410-20220428101728-1.png

shoehorning different body types into your generic skeleton ruins the models

7. nova deluxe crouch has been broken for a year and half now

Spoiler

16g3CQl.png

8. rhino deluxe helmet breaks when casting Iron skin, before the horn have the stupid glitter effect that you add last time, now it has red paint on the horn and on the sides of the head, also the eyes get looks bad

Spoiler

230410-20220429004746-1.png

9. now that you "improve" the metallic textures of the game you also mess up some warframe¬† textures DE.¬†I¬īm gonna look to other frames and let you know to see if you feel like fixing it¬†

here is another texture that you ruin DE 

before                                                                                                                                                after

Spoiler

230410-20220219142608.png

and is even worst depending of the light the material changes

looks normal                                               looks opaque and glows?                                       even worst                                                             glows

Spoiler

230410-20220422143529-1.png

and limbo deluxe no longer looks metallic

Spoiler

230410-20220217181425.png

before the shapes look more define and with nice reflections                                             now it loos plain and opaque like cheap plastic

Spoiler

2021-01-21-01-15.png

before                                                                                                                                       after

Spoiler

2021-01-21-01-15-02.png

nyx nemesis skin also looks bad now

before well define shapes and metallic look                                                                                  now the shape look plain and opaque like plastic

Spoiler

2021-02-14-17-161.png

before                                                                                                                                              after

Spoiler

2021-02-14-17-16.png

before nyx look like bronze material now looks like cheap ass metallic plastic                            also khora material is no longer metallic but this crap opaque                                                                                                                                                              material by the way armor is still clipping trough her chest

Spoiler

230410-20220209145955-1.png

here is another example nidus prime arm no longer look like metal, no reflection. before it look like silver no is this opaque garbage

Spoiler

230410-20220209145955.png

10. gauss feet are bug

Spoiler

unknown-2021-11-13-00-17.png

11. armors clipping through khora chest

Spoiler

Warframe-2021-08-07-00-00.png

12. khora urushu animation breaks her feet

Spoiler

unknown-2021-11-13-00-16.png

13. you haven¬īt fix any of this textures, when I purchase this skins didn't look like that you change it months after.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1226120-ugly-dirty-and-weathered-textures/

Spoiler

2020-09-16-13-07.png

here are some photos of nyx before (small pic) and after, can¬īt be more clear that the textures were changed to look worst

Spoiler

2021-01-17-23-50.png

Spoiler

2021-01-17-23-50-01.png

14. metallic materials look bad if you use darker color, whats the point of selling color palettes if changing color mess the materials

Spoiler

2021-01-19-01-00-01.png

Spoiler

2021-01-19-01-01.png

Spoiler

2021-01-19-01-01-01.png

and a lot of metallic textures have the same problem

Spoiler

2021-01-18-00-08.png

Spoiler

2021-01-17-23-59-01.png

Spoiler

2021-01-18-00-12.png

Spoiler

2021-01-18-00-13-01.png

Spoiler

2021-01-18-00-16.png

Spoiler

2021-01-18-00-17-01.png

nova atomic now has the same material that xaku has, come on DE make up your mind, those white stripes look bad

before                                                                                                                                           after

Spoiler

2021-04-04-15-18-01.png

before                                                                                                                                       after

Spoiler

2021-04-04-15-18.png

I don¬īt know why a bough this skin

15. your promo material show textures that are no the same in game

Spoiler

2021-03-22-00-11.png

and here are some caps from devstream and zephyr rework 

devstream                                                                               zephyr rework                                                                           final

Spoiler

2021-03-22-00-44-01.png

in the promotional photo the texture look like some kind of iridescence material but in game looks like plastic

Spoiler

Gara-Deluxe-Poster.png

• Like 4

7 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Emergence Dissipate
WHILE IN VOID SLING: Press the weapon firing input to dissipate the endpoint in a 10m (was 7.5m) radius. Enemies hit have a 100% (was 50%) chance to create a short lived Void Mote that replenishes 5/10 energy on pick up.

• We have also made the following changes to Emergence Dissipate:¬†
    • Void Motes are no longer affected by ‚Äėvortex‚Äô abilities like Void Snare.¬†
    • Added a 1.5 second delay between generating Void Mote from the same enemy.¬†
      • Emergence Dissipate was conceptualized as a weaker alternative to Zenurik‚Äôs energy gain, but ended up being even stronger than the Energy-focused school in certain cases, going against the Focus rework goals of each school having a unique niche. The above changes also seek to maintain the original goals we had with Void Sling; to encourage a more controlled behavior instead of a spam-centric loop. The slight cooldown motivates more mindful gameplay, but with the benefit of the stat buffs it has received for lower levels.
  • Now that the chance is guaranteed, the new description is ‚ÄúWHILE IN VOID SLING: Press [fire input] to dissipate the endpoint in a 10m radius. Enemies hit create a short lived Void Mote that replenishes 5/10 energy on pick up.

I hope that maybe there is a compromise between what we had before and how this is now. I've always seen energy generation as a bit of an issue in Warframe despite the methods there are to generate it. Having a mechanic where I could generate it on demand was useful, yet never felt overly effective unless I had a grouping ability. 

• Like 1

"We only gave spoiler mode 15 shades of blue because of lore reasons :) anyway heres 2834982 ugly instant teleport pads in the plains of eidolon that makes it seem more like a tenno mobile game funhouse than a grueling environment ravaged by battle"

• Like 4

Lohk Surges offer no meaningful benefit to the mission because of their random nature and long cooldown, still no fix for Gyre's 3 randomly turning off as a client and no buffs to her in general. A nerf to dissipate and the laetum for no good reason, raptwing ephemera doesn't mirror your arms, and to cap it all off you didn't bring the augment changes with this update.

Why though, this update took ages to release and yet you couldn't even deliver on what you were supposed to be giving us.

• Like 4

YES! Thank you very much for letting us buy those damned feathers! Yesterday was a particularly frustrating day of grinding for literally zero plumes of the type I needed. Thanks for throwing a bone to players with lousy luck like myself!

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the patch. Here's my current feedback:

Void sling is too laggy/slow/unresponsive. Please make it instantaneous or faster/no acceleration. A toggle in options to make it an intstant translocatoin, a la Loki Switch Teleport or Ash non-target teleport.
Bring back sling spamming to cover ground fast
The upward push on void sling sucks and its impossible to do precision travel with it. Please introduce an options menu where you can DISABLE it for ctrl+jump, double jump, all, or neither - just like Invert Warframe poweres
add a 'continual wave dash' function akin to railjack drifting, where tap-and-hold just....keeps you going. make it something like a third more energy efficient to travel distances this way.
I dont like the melee teleport. Let me disable it. Its frustrating to animation lock me when I wanna chill as an operator. Give me a 'choose any unlocked power' option instead of melee.
Add a 'trinity matrix hover' for operator aim glide to allow reorienting between dashes. No firing; cheap energy cost at start, escalates as its held.
Operator animation/casting speeds are too long. Cut then down by 25-33 percent across the board.
operator abilities are too expensive, when coming from warframes that have options for mods and suchlike - please cut energy costs down to be more. (aka: when operator streamline?)
Energy orb pickup needs to restart amp regeneration immediately. Its a big ass oversight that would make operators a lot less usable
Give operator loadout screen a 'equip a power slot' to happen on transference, ie, energizing dash's replacement so you can just have it happen as it used to.

The unairu shield strip power's radius-doubling needs to be adjusted for: a) recast double it b) dash WITHIN radius doubles it. It sucks as is. Just let recasts do the whole thing - this effect is already in-game. (see Amesha's decoy bubble)
Please adjust all 'gains stacks on dash' arcanes to hit max stacks instantly, and/or decay in the same way that Galvanized arcanes do: Magus Melt became an overnight frustration to use becaues void dash is so slow and you can't rapidly use it any more.
Cetus arcane retuning. When level 5? For example: I'd kill for an virtuos null as long as it affected recharge delay at high level as well as the speed was brought to useful levels
Allow for damage conversion arcanes to be moved to their own screen, and levels adjusted to taste without taking up arcane slots. IE, if i want to run 50% viral 50% void let me just set that on the operator screen.

let operators do parazon finishers or give them a like, custom void-palm touch of death one so you can actually do some operator gameplay without the frame.

Lastly, and this is the most crucial one: /nostuck is often not enough to fix bugs we have these days, and there's a HUGE amount of stuff that only jumping off the level or dying can fix. Please add:
/jumpspawn (does the same thing as jumping off the level, puts you at last known saved spot) and /respawn (killing the player and forcing a revive) on a similiar or shared cooldown to allow for instances to be debugged. In instances where you are 'no powers can be used' for example, unstuck does nothing. Maybe one for /refreshpowers, like you get when dropping through sanctuary onslaught portals
Relatedly, if you could classify 'transference' as not a warframe power just a regular action to be taken, so you don't get locked out of it, that'd be great, thanks.

Thanks!

Edited by Udoshi
  • Like 5