Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Rectifying Accidental Trade Bans after Echoes of the Zariman

[DE]Danielle

30 minutes ago, Godzilla853 said:

How did this even happen?

There is a detection system in place. 

I think the most common way to trigger it is by gathering too many resources too fast. 

It likely that was how it was being triggered. 

2 hours ago, Godzilla853 said:

How did this even happen?

The same way people used to get trade banned en masse absolutely every single time there was a resource booster weekend.  They have their auto-detection set to completely insane levels so that you get trade banned for literally playing the game in a way that benefits DE.  Playing during a booster weekend, when boosters in games are done to spike engagement?  Check.  Paying premium real money currency to the market for a second booster to stack effects?  Check.  Running highly specialized meta loadouts that took god knows how many days to assemble and level and forma and tweak to optimize grind time?  Check.  All things that a dev should appreciate.  And then you get a trade ban because the bot sees your high level of rewards as "suspicious" and rather than having someone check before the ban, just bans you outright, often with no notification.  Same exact thing here, I'd bet money.  

And I say "used to get trade banned" because we're somewhere in the neighborhood of two years since the last resource booster weekend with zero word from DE as to why they stopped doing them.

3 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hello Tenno! 

We are aware that some players have been trade banned after picking up an Arcane dropped from a Void Angel. We are currently in the process of reverting these bans for each platform. 

Thanks! 

oh nice :)

5 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

The same way people used to get trade banned en masse absolutely every single time there was a resource booster weekend.  They have their auto-detection set to completely insane levels so that you get trade banned for literally playing the game in a way that benefits DE.  Playing during a booster weekend, when boosters in games are done to spike engagement?  Check.  Paying premium real money currency to the market for a second booster to stack effects?  Check.  Running highly specialized meta loadouts that took god knows how many days to assemble and level and forma and tweak to optimize grind time?  Check.  All things that a dev should appreciate.  And then you get a trade ban because the bot sees your high level of rewards as "suspicious" and rather than having someone check before the ban, just bans you outright, often with no notification.  Same exact thing here, I'd bet money.  

And I say "used to get trade banned" because we're somewhere in the neighborhood of two years since the last resource booster weekend with zero word from DE as to why they stopped doing them.

at that point just straight up remove the trade bans

what's the point of having it when it when just playing the game gets you banned for no reason

😂 Come on the forum for the first time in a couple weeks and this is what I see. 

This poorly implemented and outdated system still causing issues. All it does is punish people for playing the game with intended mechanics that the devs added. This includes: Boosters, Blessings, Chroma, Smeeta kavats, and resource weekends. All added with a specific purpose, but also contributes to trade bans because said outdated system doesn't seem to account for these.

Yes, I'm still frustrated by the multiple trade bans I got from doing Profit Taker. A 2 minute mission resulting in a 2 week trade ban is ridiculous. Just remove this trash system, surely even DE can see it's useless and mostly false flags with your automated system. 

1 hour ago, Hello said:

😂 Come on the forum for the first time in a couple weeks and this is what I see. 

This poorly implemented and outdated system still causing issues. All it does is punish people for playing the game with intended mechanics that the devs added. This includes: Boosters, Blessings, Chroma, Smeeta kavats, and resource weekends. All added with a specific purpose, but also contributes to trade bans because said outdated system doesn't seem to account for these.

Yes, I'm still frustrated by the multiple trade bans I got from doing Profit Taker. A 2 minute mission resulting in a 2 week trade ban is ridiculous. Just remove this trash system, surely even DE can see it's useless and mostly false flags with your automated system. 

how many boosters do you need to get a ban?

if its with none whats the point of trade bans 

On 2022-06-10 at 11:42 PM, gamingchair1121 said:

how many boosters do you need to get a ban?

if its with none whats the point of trade bans 

People have gotten banned for doing endurance runs.  Literally just playing for a long time in one mission, accumulating "too many" drops for a single mission and get slapped with a trade ban.  This isn't a small time thing.  Faulty banning on the part of the automated system is a frequent topic in the forums, the subreddit and their other social media.  Many of those posts have specifically called out that they didn't even use booster, just ran for several hours in the same mission.  People in clans I've been in and alliances I've been in have all had this affect them.  I got trade banned during a resource booster weekend, got no notification, and missed out on a trade that I really wanted.

I've never even heard of duping in Warframe.  In diablo 2 way back in the day, it was rampant and there were multiple methods that were commonly available with a quick search.  There's no epidemic of duping in this game, and yet resource exploits are the only reason that anyone should get banned for "suspicious" mission results.  The only thing of real value that someone could even dupe would be kuva.  Duping mods would lead to a market flood and crash the price.  People are getting banned for missions because someone might find some exploit (that they obviously aren't sharing, so it's isolated.) that allows them to roll the slot machine a few extra times.  There's literally no other reason this should be a thing.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

People have gotten banned for doing endurance runs.  Literally just playing for a long time in one mission, accumulating "too many" drops for a single mission and get slapped with a trade ban.  This isn't a small time thing.  Faulty banning on the part of the automated system is a frequent topic in the forums, the subreddit and their other social media.  Many of those posts have specifically called out that they didn't even use booster, just ran for several hours in the same mission.  People in clans I've been in and alliances I've been in have all had this affect them.  I got trade banned during a resource booster weekend, got no notification, and missed out on a trade that I really wanted.

I've never even heard of duping in Warframe.  In diablo 2 way back in the day, it was rampant and there were multiple methods that were commonly available with a quick search.  There's no epidemic of duping in this game, and yet resource exploits are the only reason that anyone should get banned for "suspicious" mission results.  The only thing of real value that someone could even dupe would be kuva.  Duping mods would lead to a market flood and crash the price.  People are getting banned for missions because someone might find some exploit (that they obviously aren't sharing, so it's isolated.) that allows them to roll the slot machine a few extra times.  There's literally no other reason this should be a thing.

like... imagine farming all of the hexenon for wisp in one go and finding out that not only do you now have a ban, but also no slots and no plat so no wisp for two weeks unless you have money to spend

Archived