Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Echoes of the Zariman: Hotfix 31.6.1

[DE]Danielle

Changes: 

• Made the shells from the Felarx spiral as they fly through the air during reload. It's so fast that probably no one except Ultraclocked will notice. This one's for you, Ultraclocked.
  • Reduced clip flare for Laetum and Felarx to help show underlying animation. 
  • Updated the new Dog Days Ephemera from “Fishy Ephemera” to “Soaker Ephemera”. 
    • This is also a permanent Ephemera! When purchased from Nakak’s Beach Toy offerings in Cetus it remains in your inventory forever. 

Optimizations: 

• Optimized generic explosion FX. 
  • Improved error handling for people who accidentally disconnect the drive Warframe is installed on while running cache optimization. 
    • This also fixes a crash related to the above. 

Fixes: 

• Fixed accidental trade bans after picking up an Arcane dropped from a Void Angel. As PSA’d here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1313615-psa-rectifying-accidental-trade-bans-after-echoes-of-the-zariman/
  • Fixed the “Requires an Amp Arcane Adapter” error message popping up instead of the Arcane Adapter Slot one for Primary and Secondary weapons if you do not own the corresponding Adapter.
  • Fixed being unable to interact with the view profile, invite to Clan, and report options in chat when right clicking on a player’s name. 
  • Fixed Excalibur Prime showing up in the Equipment category in your profile when you don’t own him. 
  • Fixed the Felarx’s Incarnon mode pistols using the wrong model. They have been updated to their intended Void look! 
  • Fixed several items that you own not appearing in the Equipment category in your profile. 
  • Fixes towards Clients getting trapped in the elevator when attempting to solo extract via the panel while a Void Angel is active in Zariman missions. 
  • Fixed Ravurex Gunblade Skin not reflecting the player’s customized energy color. 
  • Fixed Innodem being able to equip Ceramic Dagger Rivens. 
  • Fixed Innodem’s mesh having issues when on the ground after being stolen away. 
  • Fixed Felarx’s firing position projectile not spawning from the barrel. 
  • Fixed Eximus enemies not dropping their guaranteed Energy and 2x Health Orbs on death in Sanctuary Onslaught. 
  • Fixed Eximus enemies not dropping their guaranteed Energy and 2x Orbs in the Simulacrum.
  • Fixed Sanctuary Onslaught occasionally spawning an extra Eximus that didn’t contribute to Efficiency when killed. 
  • Fixed Kuva Trokarian’s Overguard not appearing in the Codex. 
  • Fixed the sky lighting in open landscapes applying twice, causing water bodies looking darker than usual. 
  • Fixed the Felarx’s shells maintaining the default color instead of custom colors for Clients. 
  • Fixed script error with the Lohk Surges in Zariman Missions. 
  • Fixed script error with the blink pads. 
  • Fixed script error with the Scorpion’s new hook pull cut mechanic. 
  • Fixed script error in Void Armageddon missions related to Argozene. 
  • Fixed script error that could occur when an enemy’s Nullifier dome is destroyed. 
  • Fixed script error with Wukong’s passive. 

Thanks!
Please consider removing Telos Boltace and Wolf Sledge from Conclave, they are hilariously broken. I can totally understand not wanting to put in the time to fix them as more important things are being worked on, but at least disable them for now - to make the gamemode somewhat playable for those who still enjoy (or want/try to enjoy) it.

see 3 comments below for more detailed explanation by @Kontrollo

Can you guys remove the headshot damage resistance of Crewman's helmet to Overguard on Crewman Eximus enemies? They effectively make most Corpus Eximus enemies 2 times tankier than other Eximus enemies in other factions. With what you guys did to Nox Eximus and their glass helmet, it'd be nice to have sth similar to Corpus Eximus Crewman's helmet, for consistency's sake mostly really. 

Also thanks for the hotfix!

I think I'm going to put this here from the previous thread:

6 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:
  • Fixed Oro collection in the Conclave Annihilation sessions not counting towards score. 

Hey thanks for the fix, but it's an odd one because that was working fine before, so I'm not exactly sure what that changed in the end.

Also, the recent fix of the fall-off bug has improved things considerably already, so that's great. But there are still more outstanding bugs and issues that haven't been addressed, some of them have been present for a long time. Here are some of the worst ones at the moment (also mentioned previously):

• Telos Boltace -- could simply be disabled if not reset to its pre Old Blood behaviour. Ragdolls on players should never have been a thing in a mode that limits CC to slows, impairs and knockdowns. In some cases it can even break the maps. E.g. here the player just keeps falling for over a minute until a reset happens:
    Spoiler

N2Ogr6z.png

th1xSDB.png

tYb1Vgz.png

305EkJ8.png

WiPoa1a.png

In other cases one can get stuck in the geometry or even land outside the map entirely. It has been brought up many threads before, e.g. here. And also illustrated, e.g. excerpt from a post of mine in that thread when I got stuck in the geometry after a ragdoll:
    stuck.webp

• Wolf Sledge -- its throw has it all: very high damage and range, retained the super-fast Glaive wind-up (pre-change), homing projectile, knockdown, AoE explosion without any radial fall-off and can melee block while throwing, negating 100% of incoming shots in that direction. Here's an example clip.

• Saryn's passive + any electric weapon. A bug introduced with the damage type rework makes it possible for Electric procs to refresh themselves. This gets exploited by some to get an unavoidable damage source which ultimately just kills without being able to do much about it. Especially problematic with AoE like from Castanas.

There are more problems, but these are some of the worst offenders right now. People would already be happy if you just disabled e.g. Telos Boltace and Wolf Sledge if you don't want to take the time to fix the bugs/balance properly.

Can there be a QoL for trading Arcanes? You can't tell which Arcanes are equipped onto something, especially when trading duplicates. It becomes a 50/50 chance of deqeuipping all of your equipment of a particular Arcane you want to trade. Mods have this protection, so why not Arcanes?

Felarx is still double-reloading when you reload after shooting it once. To be specific: 6 bullets, shoot 1, at 5, reload for 1 bullet, except you reload twice. 

After shooting the entire mag, you reload 7 bullets instead of 6. 

This makes reload time slower than it should be. 

Hope this gets looked into, please and thanks!!

Thanks for the update!

May I request to evaluate Gyre's skill 3 (Cathode Grace) effect duration being not refreshed even though the timer is refreshed in mission when playing as Client? It's a recurring bug for me. Thank you <3

Thanks for the hotfix! Also thank you for mentioning transference cooldown and confirming that it is unintended and will be removed. The only thing I have to complain about is Void Dash still not being reintroduced. It was objectively better than Void Sling and didn't deserve to be removed. Eidolon hunting now only uses Void Sling to proc the sling strength buff from Madurai, and nothing else. General use of it in missions is discouraged and often times significantly slower than just bullet jumping with a normal frame not having been modded for parkour velocity. For this reason, I and many others ask that Void Dash be reintroduced as a toggle in the settings menu or elsewhere, Void Sling doesn't have to be removed but we would like our operator movement back. This and other issues with the AoZ update were addressed in a post by Magnus, which I will link here and encourage everyone seeing this to read.

So let me get this straight: We went from the in every possible way superior Void Dash, to a slow Void Sling for "better control". It was terribly slow so you increased its speed. Great, except now it is uncontrollable, you just have to hope that noscoping camera aiming will get you where you want to go, because we dont have time to aim (it was a step in the right direction but I want you to feel how stupid your narrative is: the first tweak killed the better control aspect of void sling). And now we receive multidirectional void sling, which behaves exactly like void dash did (loosing even more controllability) except a few "minor" problems: It travels a shorter distance, It is slower aaand it still has the idiotic fraction of a second delay during which I am supposed to aim!

What needs to happen to realize that you messed up bigtime and GIVE BACK VOID DASH???

10 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Changes: 

• Made the shells from the Felarx spiral as they fly through the air during reload. It's so fast that probably no one except Ultraclocked will notice. This one's for you, Ultraclocked.
  • Reduced clip flare for Laetum and Felarx to help show underlying animation. 
  • Updated the new Dog Days Ephemera from “Fishy Ephemera” to “Soaker Ephemera”. 
    • This is also a permanent Ephemera! When purchased from Nakak’s Beach Toy offerings in Cetus it remains in your inventory forever. 

Optimizations: 

• Optimized generic explosion FX. 
  • Improved error handling for people who accidentally disconnect the drive Warframe is installed on while running cache optimization. 
    • This also fixes a crash related to the above. 

Fixes: 

• Fixed accidental trade bans after picking up an Arcane dropped from a Void Angel. As PSA’d here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1313615-psa-rectifying-accidental-trade-bans-after-echoes-of-the-zariman/
  • Fixed the “Requires an Amp Arcane Adapter” error message popping up instead of the Arcane Adapter Slot one for Primary and Secondary weapons if you do not own the corresponding Adapter.
  • Fixed being unable to interact with the view profile, invite to Clan, and report options in chat when right clicking on a player’s name. 
  • Fixed Excalibur Prime showing up in the Equipment category in your profile when you don’t own him. 
  • Fixed the Felarx’s Incarnon mode pistols using the wrong model. They have been updated to their intended Void look! 
  • Fixed several items that you own not appearing in the Equipment category in your profile. 
  • Fixes towards Clients getting trapped in the elevator when attempting to solo extract via the panel while a Void Angel is active in Zariman missions. 
  • Fixed Ravurex Gunblade Skin not reflecting the player’s customized energy color. 
  • Fixed Innodem being able to equip Ceramic Dagger Rivens. 
  • Fixed Innodem’s mesh having issues when on the ground after being stolen away. 
  • Fixed Felarx’s firing position projectile not spawning from the barrel. 
  • Fixed Eximus enemies not dropping their guaranteed Energy and 2x Health Orbs on death in Sanctuary Onslaught. 
  • Fixed Eximus enemies not dropping their guaranteed Energy and 2x Orbs in the Simulacrum.
  • Fixed Sanctuary Onslaught occasionally spawning an extra Eximus that didn’t contribute to Efficiency when killed. 
  • Fixed Kuva Trokarian’s Overguard not appearing in the Codex. 
  • Fixed the sky lighting in open landscapes applying twice, causing water bodies looking darker than usual. 
  • Fixed the Felarx’s shells maintaining the default color instead of custom colors for Clients. 
  • Fixed script error with the Lohk Surges in Zariman Missions. 
  • Fixed script error with the blink pads. 
  • Fixed script error with the Scorpion’s new hook pull cut mechanic. 
  • Fixed script error in Void Armageddon missions related to Argozene. 
  • Fixed script error that could occur when an enemy’s Nullifier dome is destroyed. 
  • Fixed script error with Wukong’s passive. 

The emphemara has FISH in it. change the name back.

Also, volt's speed ability is STILL bugged in zariman missions where when activating the ability the timer doesn't show up. Still can't solo extract in zariman missions so maybe work on that too. 

There is bug in exterminate zariman bounty, particularly the one Awaken a void angel and banish it as bounty target. After you kill the void angel it does not check mark bounty target. You cannot extract. You lose everything and are forced to abort. I just lost 1 of the new ship parts which kinda sucks. So bounty target completed, exterminate mission objective completed but cannot extract to complete mission. Forced to abort and lose everything 

22 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Updated the new Dog Days Ephemera from “Fishy Ephemera” to “Soaker Ephemera”. 

Now do the rest!

https://c.tenor.com/LEEjzcc4UGwAAAAC/halleliah-elmo.gif

And let people turn these effects off if they don't want to see wings/candy canes/fish all year round.

What about the random immortal enemies? I lost a a defense arbitration mission's loot because of an eximus that didn't take any damage at all. After that, I tried another arbitration, infested survival. Some enemies didn't die. 

First major gripe of the drop....  

6 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

NEW: Trade Resources for Voidplumes 

Voidplumes can now be earned from Archimedean Yonta by trading in resources found throughout the Zariman! Voidplumes rotate every 8 hours, a Time Left to Trade timer is available to indicate the next upcoming rotation. 

Really?!  The whole premise of the trading is to alleviate trading for things that we have in abundance for, for things we covet.  Take for example Ticker on Fortuna: 

unknown.png

This is a common drop and look, we can trade from the materials we've been collecting and credits for something easily obtainable.  But not for Voidplumes....

unknown.png

I'm practically throwing these up from my farming Zarimen and you're asking only for materials you need to use for Zarimen projects.  Never mind that you can only buy what?  One at a time! 

Sure, sure, I know...  New material, stuff to throw at it that's newly added to the game...  However!!!! If you're (DE) are so reticent about adding a material trader, at least you can alleviate with some of us that have things coming out of out ears and doing nothing but collecting dust...  You know, like this:

unknown.png

Archived