Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Account Reset

(PSN)ShockJ08

Is there something in the works? I accidentaly went with Exaclibur as when I selected the frame, I was expecting some sore of explanation as to stats and skills so I can have a semi informed decision as to who I was picking. I wasn't aware that I was making a final choice that I could not reverse and have no way to start a fresh account. If not, at least a "are you sure?" screen or something to let people know they are making a final choice would be appreciated.

Is there something in the works? I accidentaly went with Exaclibur as when I selected the frame, I was expecting some sore of explanation as to stats and skills so I can have a semi informed decision as to who I was picking. I wasn't aware that I was making a final choice that I could not reverse and have no way to start a fresh account. If not, at least a "are you sure?" screen or something to let people know they are making a final choice would be appreciated.

Support might be willing to swap out your starting frame if you send in a ticket, but they might not depending how much you've used your starting frame. And it's not technically a 'final' choice as you can always build a new warframe starting at Venus onwards. Excalibur is actually the hardest frame to obtain if you don't pick him as a starter (his parts drop from Pluto's boss).

Thanks for the quick response! I did decide to stick with Excalibur after some research and watch videos of every single frame. I do hope some sort of explanation into how they function is included so a more informed choice can be made by people who are jumping straight into the game. I was thinking Mag before I picked Excalibur, and after watching videos, I learned that wouldn't have matched my playstyle very well. 

We're on about U8 at the moment for PS4 right? I'm hoping that they'll role out a new update every week, so we can get up to date faster.

Thanks for the quick response! I did decide to stick with Excalibur after some research and watch videos of every single frame. I do hope some sort of explanation into how they function is included so a more informed choice can be made by people who are jumping straight into the game. I was thinking Mag before I picked Excalibur, and after watching videos, I learned that wouldn't have matched my playstyle very well. 

you should have picked mag, her first ability is better than most 4th abilities at the moment. You could have abused that power so hard.

Edited by (PS4)GIGA_BEHEMOTH

• 4 weeks later...

Support might be willing to swap out your starting frame if you send in a ticket, but they might not depending how much you've used your starting frame. And it's not technically a 'final' choice as you can always build a new warframe starting at Venus onwards. Excalibur is actually the hardest frame to obtain if you don't pick him as a starter (his parts drop from Pluto's boss).

Honestly that's kind of silly that you have only a tiny little picture as a preview of what you're picking, no way to delete your character, no way to delete your warframe account without deleting your PSN account...  I hope you guys can think about that for upcoming patches. Very little clue what I actually picked until I picked it (permanently). 

• 3 weeks later...

I agree they need a lot more explaining to do in the tutorial. I was hoping that I could just redo the tutorial and reset my account to another frame (i.e. start from scratch)

On the other hand you can get a new frame for 75 platinum (less than $4) which makes it super easy to try out multiple low cost frames from the start of the game.

I played Excalibur until I ranked it to about level 10 and then switched to Volt and found that I like that one much better.

I'm also facing this issue I picked Loki and his supposedly not the best, I agree that they should have made your character preview and choice more descriptive. I can't say at this stage that i would recommend this title to any new comers like myself as they will probably receive the same issue. They should give all ps4 gamers the option to reset whilst including a final declaration that you character choice remains consistent throughtout the game, until then I can't see myself playing this game until they fix this issue as I'll be wasting time on a character that I know I will want to reset. Hopefully they fix this =)

Edited by (PS4)xXCrystalUKXx

This sucks pretty bad. I picked the class Mag. Didn't figure out it was a female, the preview pic looks nothing like a female.. I don't want a female character ! Now I'm stuck with her. I didn't even play my first mission yet, Yet I can't change character. wtf

That's something you're probably just going to have to get over since many of the better Warframes in the game are female. You'll eventually have an assortment of Warframes to use at any given time. You shouldn't think of Mag as "you," she's just one of your Warframes.

EDIT: Oh, and Mag is also the best starting Warframe anyway. Thank me later. ;-)

Edited by (PS4)molnizzle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I'm ganna quit this game, I made a lot of poor choices in my first playthrough and its really dumb that I can't make a new character, stupidest decision these devs ever made...

This game is nothing but a giant n00b trap, you have to already know how to play the game before you can play it.

Edited by (PS4)Mightylink

Guys, don't worry about "I picked the wrong frame" to start with. As you progress through the game, you will find yourself building many many more warframes later on. Once a warframe that you use reaches level 30, it is essentially "maxed out", and you won't get any more experience for that frame or for your mastery rank. I strongly recommend that whatever warframe you picked to start with, don't sell it or any of the other weapons you start with until each of them reaches level 30, and cross it off your list. You will gain the parts to build the other warframes as you progress through the game and there's not much worse than getting pretty far into the game and then having to go back and max out those beginner items...

I think I'm ganna quit this game, I made a lot of poor choices in my first playthrough and its really dumb that I can't make a new character, stupidest decision these devs ever made...

This game is nothing but a giant n00b trap, you have to already know how to play the game before you can play it.

Honestly you can just get the other warframes later.

I started without having any idea of how to play.  Personally, I like Loki the best out of the starters (Mag is great, don't get me wrong).  Personally, excal is easy to get compared to Loki.  Loki's boss can be a pain at times while Excal's boss is really easy.   But that is just me.

Honestly you can just get the other warframes later.

I started without having any idea of how to play.  Personally, I like Loki the best out of the starters (Mag is great, don't get me wrong).  Personally, excal is easy to get compared to Loki.  Loki's boss can be a pain at times while Excal's boss is really easy.   But that is just me.

You get to pick Volt, Loki or Excal. I picked Excal like a noob. Then I used the rest of the plat to buy Loki and Volt. Out of all those my favorite is Volt. Loki is ok I guess but I prefer Ash. Then next frame I got after that was Rhino, which I fell in love with. Since then I like Nova for defense, and Volt for speed running missions. I used to use Frost Prime for Defense and Mag for missions but not anymore.

I have most of the frames and weapons now, but still go back to Volt all the time. He is great vs the Corpus.

Edited by (PS4)PD_33

• 2 months later...

This game is kinda aggravating I deleted the game save several times and even deleted the game itself and downloaded it again, but I still end up with the same character. WTH

Deleting the game and save file won't help you since your data is on DE's servers. All three of the starting frames are very good. Rhino is the first one that you'll be able to build and is very useful for learning the game.

• 2 months later...