Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The latest update is causing false overheat shutdowns on my Series X

(XBOX)De1cide

As the title says, ever since the update yesterday, my Xbox Series X has had over 5 overheating shutdowns for seemingly no reason. The console is well ventilated, and this doesn't happen with any other games. Even more confusingly, it  doesn't seem to be actually related to the temperature of the console. I've had this happen 2 minutes after booting my Xbox the first time when the console is still stone cold. I am able to consistently get this overheat shutdown within about 5 minutes on the E. Prime node on Earth, and most recently having started the New War - I can't get past the opening cutscene. It consistenly shuts down as soon as Ballas stops talking and the cutscene moves to Cetus. Upon restart it claims to have overheated, despite that clearly not being the case. Please look into this. It has made the game literally unplayable since I'm now stuck in a cutscene I can't progress past without my console shutting down. In the meantime, I'll be putting the game down and keeping an eye out for a hotfix. I don't want to brick my console.

Have recently been having issues in Sanctuary Onslaught to where when I enter the portal to start the mission, my game will load up to the point where the screen goes white and then will freeze. A few seconds later, my entire Xbox shuts off. Please let me know if this is a game issue or a hardware issue. 

On 2022-06-11 at 7:17 PM, (XBOX)De1cide said:

my Xbox Series X has had over 5 overheating shutdowns for seemingly no reason.

One S for me, though this has been happening for months with me. Quite annoying when in the middle of a mission (like today's first sortie mission) and the console just shuts me down. If my other games ever get issues, the worst they do is send me to the dashboard, not do a shutdown.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Whenever I am within my orbiter and other lobby areas like the Demos Necralisk my xbox starts to heat up drastically and will make its self shut off due to the massive amount of heat.

This Happens momently when I move out of Navigation or come back to the game from the Xbox home screen or anything that puts Warframe into an idle state. When I enter navigation or be in a mission this issue proceeds to stop and its only when I exit this state it would momentarily begin to run itself hot. This heating up persists for a short while as it gets back to normal and starts again later or exiting navigation or other idle sources. So I generally think it is a performance issue trying to collect to much of some kind of information or resource.

I wish this would be fix in the next update because it really affects my downtime between mission and I don't know if other consoles are affected.

same with my ps4, and much like you it doesn't seem like my system is actually overheating because I touch it and it is only slightly warm. it doesn't seem to be any specific area it just happens after a few minutes causing the game to be literally unplayable. This is the only game/app causing it

Hello. There has been a common occurance of crashing in a Lith Fissure Exterminate. It occurs at least 30 seconds into loading the mission. It is a hard crash that completely turns off my console and provides the overheating message when rebooting. The loadout I have been using at the time is Gauss with Stahlta, Laetum and Nepheri if that is a factor. The action that triggers the crash is using an inverted input Thermal Sunder which activates the heat version of the ability on button press instead of hold. It has occurred every time with these exact variables and actions taken in every instance. I was also using a Lith L1 Relic [Radiant] if that is any assistance to the problem.

We've had a hard time reproducing these recent crashes, so we'd like to verify that the culprit isn't the hardware itself. Xbox Support has provided a few solutions that may help. It's a good idea to check that your Xbox is in a well-ventilated area, ideally with a minimum of 4-6 inches of clearance on all sides with nothing blocking the vents.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to ensure the system's thermal performance isn't being reduced by excess dust.

We're still in the process of investigating these crashes, so if there is any additional information that anyone can provide, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, im on xbox seriers x, i notice something in this days after reading this topic, the fan of my console when i play other games spinning right, not super fast, but when i play warframe yes spinning realy realy fast dunno if warframe demand alot from the console no idea.

Note: the console is 5 months old and is on a mini table with open space.

Started occuring recently on series x, I can consistently get this to occur (every other mission will hard crash) speedrunning captues/exterminate(fissures specifically).

This happens with no other game I play and the console is very well ventilated. Perhaps the rapid loading is causing the issue?

Edit: Console is only a few months old.

Archived