Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baro Relay Stress Test (6/17/2022) (Completed)

[DE]Megan

I will be forced to log out the game every time/friday when baro arrives, and it last for years. Sometimes it takes me more than 10 mins to relog into the game. 

I remember there were stress test before but seems the servers were not improved after that...

Will you improve your servers? serious ,will u?

40 minutes ago, JaMoricharXi said:

I will be forced to log out the game every time/friday when baro arrives, and it last for years. Sometimes it takes me more that 10 mins to relog into the game. 

I remember there were stress test before but seems the serves is not improved after that...

Will you improve your server? serious ,will u?

... Are you sure it isn't your computer...?

I'm just asking because only skeletal potatoes take that long, even longer if they have Win10 or Win11.

Hi, I have two questions regarding the stress test

Will we need tickets to enter the relay, even though it's just the stress test?
What's going to be the price on Primed Chamber?

Thanks in advance, I really hope I can attend the stress test, even though I don't have tickets this year 

3 hours ago, (PSN)isbergen said:

Cool they are offering Primed Chamber, but if they keep the same price the Wiki is stating (2,995 Du, 1m Cred) you better have a huge cache of ducats right now or crack relics the next 90 hours straight.

My guess is that'll it'll still cost the ridiculous amount, but it would be nice if Baro did his own "Darvo Deal" on Primed Chamber for the weekend out of good will. We *will* be attending one of his parties after all ;) 

6 hours ago, XHADgaming said:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally thank you no need to buy a Tennocon ticket or spend a heavy amount of plat to get primed chamber.

Just need to get 3,000 ducats now.

Lol I literally bought a ticket this year specifically to buy this mod. Also for the other goodies but I mainly wanted get this mod.  I guess I will try and snag it early (I've been sitting on 4k for a bit).

On 2022-06-13 at 5:09 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Greetings, Tenno!

A quick PSA to inform you of our plans this Friday June 17th, 2022 to do a Relay Stress Test during Baro’s visit on all platforms. The request is simple: come visit ye ol’ Baro in his Relay when he arrives at 9a.m ET on whichever platform you choose. Red Text will be there to keep you entertained as we test that stress for roughly an hour.

While the idea of Red Text flicking the lights is enticing enough to participate, Baro will also be bringing Primed Chamber in his offerings for Ducats on all platforms to sweeten the deal! 

We thank you in advance for helping us stress test the Relay in prep for TennoCon 2022 on July 16th!   

TOTAL TIME WE NEED TO STAND THERE 

Good to see....something this year in preparation.  That said...business hours in NA (North America).  I'd suggest this is a joke considering the event is a weekend thing...but it makes perfect sense if you assume that testing will be done by people working themselves.

11 hours ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

Not disagreeing.  but if you play a while ducats can pile up and aren't too useful. I choose not to trade so it didn't really hurt me to save them. 

You missed out on the fun.  Let me do you one better:

1) People complained that prime junk was littering their inventories, and because you literally only could trade it was always chipping away at the value of stuff.  As in, player to player trades were always decaying in value.

2) Baro was introduced...along with the concept of trading prime junk for another currency...that could only be used by Baro.

3) Baro's content went from rare items and mods...to cosmetics.  As in how many of the 26 weeks a year only offer cosmetics?  As in, unless you're really enticed by decorating in a game about space ninjas, the content is a joke.  If you disagree list the last five pieces of content (weapons and mods), and compare their volume to the volume of cosmetics that separates them.  If the ratio is less than 1:1 content:cosmetics then we're seeing this as less of a content font and more of a resource sink for the people who really should be playing something else (not as a suggestion, but as other games do this better).

4) This leads us to today.  Now we've got a treasure trove of prime junk, are apathetic to cash it in, but also have thousands of ducats that are equally useless.  It's almost a sad joke.  I say this sitting on a horde of frames and weapons...that so far I've actually given to random new players instead of cashing in.  It only took two weekends during an event to accumulate thousands of ducats...and I've had no reason to create more when the reward is a poster for the ship I only use as a loading screen between missions.

I guess the TL;DR is that ducats are Disney fun bucks.  You trade one currency (prime junk), into a less usable currency (ducats are Baro only), and then have three days every fortnight to spend them.  For those without an old timey lexicon, a fortnight is two weeks.  

18 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Baro will also be bringing Primed Chamber in his offerings for Ducats on all platforms to sweeten the deal! 

Primed bane of grineer and primed bane of corrupted would be nice too. They are not shown in baro`s inventory since 442 days ago.

On 2022-06-13 at 12:43 PM, IAmBananaCat said:

Thanks for the notification.
Mind not abandoning the game for  a month inbetween an update and tennocon though?
Inspecting profiles and inviting players is currently extremely unreliable and often gives the  error "Cannot parse TargetID"
I am aware this is not a bugfix thread, but it is breaking half the game trying to play with friends, perhaps consider looking into these issues?

Thank you in advance.

Congrats, it's in the Hotfix today!

On 2022-06-13 at 6:16 PM, MagPrime said:

...that's 6am Friday for my time zone.  Why are we doing this on a Friday morning?

This is during the standard working day for DE. This is the best time to do stuff like this when everyone is in the office, a micropatch could be released and retested.

With Warframe being played worldwide then someone will always be in the "wrong" timezone.

26 minutes ago, HypoTherm said:

This is during the standard working day for DE. This is the best time to do stuff like this when everyone is in the office, a micropatch could be released and retested.

With Warframe being played worldwide then someone will always be in the "wrong" timezone.

captain obvious hotels.com GIF

25 minutes ago, HypoTherm said:

Well you did ask 😛

It was one of those questions that the answer wasn't the obvious one.  It was asked to show that the timing may not be the best due to it being either normal operating time for a large portion of players or extremely early for other players.  This would only benefit a small section of the player base that would be attending the TennoCon event, which falls on a Saturday, and would be having a much heavier load.

In short, a better stress test would have been on a weekend when they would have significantly more players to assist in the stress testing. 

28 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

It was one of those questions that the answer wasn't the obvious one.  It was asked to show that the timing may not be the best due to it being either normal operating time for a large portion of players or extremely early for other players.  This would only benefit a small section of the player base that would be attending the TennoCon event, which falls on a Saturday, and would be having a much heavier load.

In short, a better stress test would have been on a weekend when they would have significantly more players to assist in the stress testing. 

Fair enough. But better to ask the question you want answered rather than imply a different question and get an answer you already know (and then respond with a sarcasm meme)?

I know I know... the internet works that way an awful lot...

Archived