Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Devil Trigger

Erridon

What ever happened to the concept they showcased a few years back? I would really like to see it implemented. The melee weapons currently lack an arcane slot. I think they can dedicate that sort of thing to choosing which style of devil trigger you get.
One increases weapon range
One increases damage
One increases movement speed
Etc...

How it would operate is that you get your melee combo to maximum which then allows you to activate the devil trigger like ability. Your x12 icon now changes to some cool pulsating power emblem. The weapon has additional glow based on your energy color and your arcane choice. You can maintain the devil trigger just like the standard combo multiplier, except now you are able to use charged attacks without dumping your melee combo as well due to being in the special ascended state. Just keep slaying like you always do and you'll be feeling more bad ass than ever.

While I'm posting on here can we also please get some Prime Dual Nikanas? Just skip the bs intro of the non prime version and give us the real deal. I also ask you give it a really awesome stance with a fluid forward motion attack like the venka's vermilion storm. Have them swing both swords in a X shape forward followed by a dual cleave forward from the sides with the third strike being a spin or something. Don't have it stutter your sprint and let it perform smoothly like the vermilion storm attacks. Allow me be the true melee god that I am inside. Thank you

Oh and make sure the Daikyu's amalgam mod affects them as well ;)

1 hour ago, Erridon said:

How it would operate is that you get your melee combo to maximum which then allows you to activate the devil trigger like ability. Your x12

I wonder why people like idea of maxing combo to do X. I have problem going into 5x for some weapons without "help".

Due to their changes with guns, guns now reign supreme. They can afford to give melee a little power back with some additional flare. Hell they can even omit the damage boost version of the enhancement. They don't even need to let the charge attacks be spammable. That function could be linked to a particular version as well. The ball is in their court to choose how to handle it, but I think it would be a cool addition to the game to see that concept through. It would make up for the energy channeling that we lost long ago.

On 2022-06-16 at 7:27 PM, Erridon said:

Due to their changes with guns, guns now reign supreme. They can afford to give melee a little power back with some additional flare.

Melee weapons haven't lost anything, they are still stupidly powerful with their scaling mods.

A Devil Trigger style of mode would work if this game was a Spectacle Fighter (like the game this name comes from), where it actually mattered if you got these aspects for ramping up and actually doing real combos.

Until the point that DE rework the entire system of how we confront enemies, you'll have to settle for the Incarnon melee.

On 2022-06-21 at 10:04 AM, (PSN)DoodlePungin said:

Yeah but recently they have nerfing everything melee based to a point some mods that were need can’t be used anymore . 

This is not true. They are not "nerfing everything melee based"

On 2022-06-16 at 1:50 PM, GREF_TM said:

Is the nox gun already in the game? Because melee boost would probably release like two years after that.

It uses the Soaktron model that you can have rifle skin for it in Dog Days event. Added 1y ago, I think.  Not sure if we want a Primary Stug the Nox uses.

On 2022-06-28 at 11:23 PM, Nok-Rntha said:

The concept they showcased years ago? That was just for show. You should have forgotten all about it and let DE silently sweep it under the rug.

People like you are why we can’t see what they are working on anymore. Just gotta understand development changes and some things don’t make it into the game.

18 hours ago, BDMblue said:

People like you are why we can’t see what they are working on anymore. Just gotta understand development changes and some things don’t make it into the game.

I know how development works and how things always shift around, however...
DE can always just come out and say "yeah, sorry guys, we were testing this out and it didn't pan out, it's not coming" instead of keeping people in the dark on purpose

On 2022-06-16 at 1:58 PM, Erridon said:

While I'm posting on here can we also please get some Prime Dual Nikanas? Just skip the bs intro of the non prime version and give us the real deal. I also ask you give it a really awesome stance with a fluid forward motion attack like the venka's vermilion storm. Have them swing both swords in a X shape forward followed by a dual cleave forward from the sides with the third strike being a spin or something. Don't have it stutter your sprint and let it perform smoothly like the vermilion storm attacks. Allow me be the true melee god that I am inside. Thank you

I second this as well!

Archived