Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 Ending Soon + What’s Next!

[DE]Zach

Insert Disc 2. 

Hey there, Dreamers!

It’s time for Nightwave: Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 to come to an end! The current Nightwave will end on Sunday, July 10th at 7pm ET - be sure to spend your remaining Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 credits before then. Any remaining Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 Creds can be sold for Credits afterwards.

What’s Next?
"It's that time again, Dreamers."

While Nora may like change in the System, she’s not one to stop the party when things are going her way. Introducing Nora’s Mix Vol. 2 - launching on all platforms on July 17th!

Similar to Vol. 1, Nora’s Mix Vol. 2 will continue our design goals for Nightwave. We still want to add new weekly goals for Tenno to complete, while being able to focus on our 2022 development goals! You can read more about our Nightwave philosophy in our post earlier this year!

Like previous editions of Nightwave, we will be including duplicate protection for rewards that you have already unlocked. Identical to Nora’s Mix Vol. 1, Tenno can expect to be compensated with Nora’s Mix Vol. 2 Creds instead of the previous unlocked reward.

New Acts!

We are including new Acts for those returning home. If you know... you know.

**Please note that the names/descriptions are subject to change.

New weekly Acts include...

Eternal Guardian
Complete 3 Void Armageddon missions.

High Ground
Complete 3 Void Flood Missions.

Zariman Bounty Hunter
Complete 4 different Bounties in the Zariman.

And for the skillful, an Elite Weekly Act...

Fallen Angel
Defeat a Void Angel in the Zariman

For any Tenno that have not yet completed Angels of the Zariman, these challenges will be hidden to prevent any potential spoilers! We have also removed the Elite Weekly Act ‘Silent Eliminator’ which required you to complete a level 30 Exterminate without triggering alarms. 

New Rewards
"If there's one thing I've learned, Dreamers, it's this: Just when you think you've had it all, seen it all, done it all... there's always more."

Nightwave Ship Decoration
A mini-decoration of the Nightwave Landing Craft.

Noggle Statue - Nora Night
A small statue of a person larger than life.

Nora Night Glyph Pack
Complete your profile with a pair of Nora Night Glyphs - “Style baby!” 

Nightwave Ornament (Cred Offering)
A decoration for all you Dreamers out there.

Weapon Augments (x2)
Stay powerful with a pair of weapon augments. More details to come!

Gyre Automaton Helmet Blueprint (Cred Offering)
Electrifying style coming in hotter than lighting!

Nora Night Spoiler Suit
A Nightwave-inspired Spoiler Suit. Nora provides for listeners of all ages! 

Nora Night Spoiler Earpiece
A fashionable accessory only a Tenno could adorn.

Also included is a hand-picked selection of rewards from previous Nightwave Series! Stay tuned for the full list of offerings. **All rewards listed above are subject to change or removal.

Nora will see you on July 17th when Nightwave: Nora’s Mix Vol. 2 launches on all platforms! Once again, remember to spend your remaining Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 Cred before July 10th at 7pm ET when Nightwave: Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 will end! Please keep in mind that everything listed above is subject to change!

"Ain't no stoppin' someone who knows their worth. Nora's feelin' good about the state of things, yes she is."

6 hours ago, [DE]Zach said:

We have also removed the Elite Weekly Act ‘Silent Eliminator’ which required you to complete a level 30 Exterminate without triggering alarms. 

As in, permanently? As in, we cant do this act anymore? But that was such a cool challenge!

Edit*

Just make it so that it only counts for missions that have an actual alarm

8 minutes ago, [DE]Zach said:

Eternal Guardian

High Ground

Is Complete 3 Void Cascade Missions going to be a new Act or are you not going to include it as an Act with the other two newly introduced endless gamemodes?

4 minutes ago, Kaggelos said:

As in, permanently? As in, we cant do this act anymore? But that was such a cool challenge!

It's super cool until you realize that you can cheese it by just doing an exterminate mission where there aren't any alarms in the first place 😂

I wish they'd just fix that interaction, though (i.e. remove the ability to cheese the challenge with a Void/Earth/Zariman/etc Exterminate or something), instead of removing it outright. Encouraging players to change things up a bit with a stealth build every now and then is nice, and I wish there was more of it.

Just now, shut said:

It's super cool until you realize that you can cheese it by just doing an exterminate mission where there aren't any alarms in the first place 😂

I wish they'd just fix that interaction, though (i.e. letting players cheese the challenge with a Void/Earth/Zariman/etc Exterminate or something) instead of removing it outright. Encouraging players to change things up a bit with a stealth build is always nice.

Was there ever actually a need to cheese it? There also aren't any alarms if you just instantly kill everything. I've occasionally just done some random mission with my Mesa without checking NW beforehand and got surprised I apparently finished that challenge without even trying.

12 minutes ago, [DE]Zach said:

It’s time for Nightwave: Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 to come to an end! The current Nightwave will end on Sunday, July 10th

What?  By my calculations, this NW series should go on for at least another four months.  :P

13 minutes ago, [DE]Zach said:

be sure to spend your remaining Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 credits before then.

Please look into sending out an in-game email reminder the week before, and changing the NW console message that says "Weekly refreshes in X days" to "Nightwave ends in X days" on the final week.   Thank you.

13 minutes ago, [DE]Zach said:

New daily Acts include...

Eternal Guardian

High Ground

Zariman Bounty Hunter
Complete 4 different Bounties in the Zariman.

These should not be daily acts, I hope this is just a misprint. Every other 'Complete x amount of bounties' and 'Complete [mission] 3 times' act is a weekly.

Okay, that's all cool, but why is this ELITE act

16 minutes ago, [DE]Zach said:

Fallen Angel
Defeat a Void Angel in the Zariman

faster / easier to do than these

16 minutes ago, [DE]Zach said:

Eternal Guardian

High Ground

REGULAR acts?

Especially when you consider that killing a Void Angel takes about 5 minutes on an exterminate mission, but 3 Void Armageddon missions could take from 30-60 minutes depending on your squad's setup?

Please do not include yet another challenge that feels like a chore more than an actual challenge.

Part of me hopes this will at least (eventually) inspire a second look at how long Void Armageddon takes in general. But in any event, perhaps the dailies could be changed to 'Seal X amount of Void Ruptures in Void Flood' and 'Loot X amount of Argozene canisters in Void Armageddon'? You could do the same for sealing X amount of exolizers in void cascade, and/or just add a generic 'Kill X amount of Thrax units in the Zariman', 'seal X amount of Lohk Surges' etc. etc. Depending on the amount you could easily make weekly/elite variants, too, just like the 'Kill X amount of enemies' one is.

Edit: Ah, additionally, perhaps gaining -x- amount of Focus points would be a good challenge? Spoiler it away based on progress, change amount based on it being a Daily/Weekly/Elite task, etc. Now that the Zariman is a thing and gives out focus points to your active school, no lens required, that'd be a good addition. 

10 minutes ago, Hexsixth said:

These should not be daily acts, I hope this is just a misprint. Every other 'Complete x amount of bounties' and 'Complete [mission] 3 times' act is a weekly.

Post has been edited to reflect 'weekly' acts! This was the intended design. Daily was a typo!

12 minutes ago, Wiz3rd said:

Okay, that's all cool, but why is this ELITE act

faster / easier to do than these

REGULAR acts?

Especially when you consider that killing a Void Angel takes about 5 minutes on an exterminate mission, but 3 Void Armageddon missions could take from 30-60 minutes depending on your squad's setup?

Please do not include yet another challenge that feels like a chore more than an actual challenge.

Also faster to kill a void angel than it is to do a bounty. A bounty even contains an objective that needs you to kill said void angel. So I don't understand why the reward difference of 1,000 standing vs. 7,000 standing should be given since it is apparently at least 25% easier to do the void angel in a single bounty over running 4 bounties. 

Wow I really thought that the era of long and drawn out nightwaves was rough but wow at these new Acts were not analyzed at all.

Huh so the next Nightwave has been set.. fair enough.. sad about losing the stealth exterminate going, I found it funny and loved cheesing that one by going to the void. lol
Edit: huh seems my profile pic has gone wonky.. I'll see if I can fix that issue. 😒

Another area where Zariman content can be included, along with the other open worlds is in the riven unveiling conditions.

I would really love a nice refresher to them so that we aren't stuck having to go onto the plains for the majority of riven challenges. 

38 minutes ago, [DE]Zach said:

Eternal Guardian

High Ground

Can you change these to 4 rotations instead?

Otherwise I can already see pub games ending as soon as you can extract.

This looks like something that's just going to increase conflicts.

I know, I know, just use recruiting.

35 minutes ago, [DE]Zach said:

Nora Night Spoiler Suit
A Nightwave-inspired Spoiler Suit. Nora provides for listeners of all ages! 

Nora Night Spoiler Earpiece
A fashionable accessory only a Tenno could adorn.

Appreciate some rewards with a little more substance to them than the floodgates of posters, noggles and overrated ship decor. Thanks! I haven't been bothering with half of it due to the rewards being so forgettable.

Still, when are we getting actual story content? It needs to be the primary focus for any future Nightwaves. The lore content was the meat of Nightwave. Taking the substance out of it was a poor move that pushed Nora into a dusty corner.

You took the burger stand and replaced it with a glorified vending machine of sugar and glossy candy that's about as enticing as a $5 packet of M&Ms. Continue to ignore it, and players will take their appetite and $5 elsewhere. 

The only good thing they could do with Nightwave is remove him completely.

Nightwave is the philosophy of "forcing the player to do everything they don't want to do in order to get something they do want".

57 minutes ago, [DE]Zach said:

We have also removed the Elite Weekly Act ‘Silent Eliminator’ which required you to complete a level 30 Exterminate without triggering alarms. 

Why?

Because it was too easy? I guess it's reasonable.

Because it was too hard/time-consuming? Other have that "requirements".

52 minutes ago, shut said:

I wish they'd just fix that interaction, though (i.e. remove the ability to cheese the challenge with a Void/Earth/Zariman/etc Exterminate or something), instead of removing it outright. Encouraging players to change things up a bit with a stealth build every now and then is nice, and I wish there was more of it.

That's why knowing Oxomoco is great. You can use your stealth frames (or another approach) and do mission slowly. Or you get reward by knowing where to go.

And to be honest it's good that you don't have to do it tedious way. One time is challenge. 100th time... it's chore.

1 hour ago, [DE]Zach said:

Also included is a hand-picked selection of rewards from previous Nightwave Series! Stay tuned for the full list of offerings. **All rewards listed above are subject to change or removal.

Maybe Arcane energize... I just need 3. Oh well, we can dream.

Archived