Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 Ending Soon + What’s Next!

[DE]Zach

6 minutes ago, quxier said:

Few minutes? That's 1 enemy every 1-2 seconds. With ivara.

What's your definition of 'a few'? The point is its doesn't take 30min.
I just cleared 146 kills with ivara and primary fire on bubonico in 5m 50sec from entering mission to extraction. No alarms and I wasn't in a hurry and i went looking for stragglers.

On 2022-06-18 at 7:55 PM, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

DE needs to really sit down and look at the various economies they have in game.   They are not equal.

It'd be nice if you had equally valid possibilities to pursue each and every reward, so you could pick either your most fun, or the easiest option to pursue the reward. Making them different though can encourage you to branch out and do something different instead though.

On 2022-06-18 at 7:55 PM, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Nightwave being the most grindy painful of the 3 options giving you the worst rate!!!!

This is why once you've bought literally all of the nitain and potatoes you need for your entire arsenal, and a Vauban for the wall and a Vauban to keep, and every available cosmetic, decoration, and mod available in the Nightwave store, you're probably supposed to stop caring about grinding bonus nightwave credit ranks, and to just casually do the challenges you want to do instead of just 100%'ing them all just for the sake of a few measly Nightwave Credits. I personally no longer grind for Nightwave after reaching rank 30 on them unless I just feel like it (like ending on a multiple of 10), or specifically want to buy more things from the Nightwave store instead of elsewhere.

Kuva is the last thing you should be spending Nightwave credits on, you don't need god-rolled Rivens, and there's only so many other things that require kuva to make. You should buy everything else first, and then just casually use the huge lump sums of credits that you get in the main 30-track on potatoes, nitain, and Kuva, depending on what you're low on or want to stock up on extra of. Or Aura mods or other mods to sell for plat. Then you move on to the other more efficient kuva-farming options.

DE doesn't have to make utterly distinct and separate gameplay paths offer the same rewards. Replaying Quests, after all, don't re-reward you with everything you got from playing the quest the first time, for example. Playing Conclave gives you exclusive rewards you can't get elsewhere, but also has a few overlapping rewards to my recollection. Same thing here. However you could politely point out that players like me and you both feel like Nightwave isn't worth running past rank 30 due to how bad the effort/reward rate is compared to other things like Steel Path. Up to DE to decide if they care.

On 2022-06-16 at 7:12 PM, Kaggelos said:

As in, permanently? As in, we cant do this act anymore? But that was such a cool challenge!

Edit*

Just make it so that it only counts for missions that have an actual alarm

I mean its still showing up in rivens chalanges :D

On 2022-06-16 at 7:05 PM, [DE]Zach said:

Like previous editions of Nightwave, we will be including duplicate protection for rewards that you have already unlocked. Identical to Nora’s Mix Vol. 1, Tenno can expect to be compensated with Nora’s Mix Vol. 2 Creds instead of the previous unlocked reward.

So basically another nightwave where we end up with primarily credits (which are severely lacking in decent rewards for long term players) if we've done all the previous ones.... seriously it's time to admit nightwave does not work as a 'battle pass'...  I suppose the good stuff (umbra forma) will be week 27-30 as usual to make us go through the pointless stuff and make it look 'popular'.

At the very least the creds need to be a single version rather than the 'forced' restart when you just change it's name so it can't use the old stuff....

New weekly Acts include...

Eternal Guardian
Complete 3 Void Armageddon missions.

High Ground
Complete 3 Void Flood Missions.

Zariman Bounty Hunter
Complete 4 different Bounties in the Zariman.

Well I think I'll be skipping those then... not sure the time to 4500 value is right with those when you consider you get 7000 for killing one angel in a mission....

And for the skillful, an Elite Weekly Act...

Fallen Angel
Defeat a Void Angel in the Zariman

For any Tenno that have not yet completed Angels of the Zariman, these challenges will be hidden to prevent any potential spoilers! We have also removed the Elite Weekly Act ‘Silent Eliminator’ which required you to complete a level 30 Exterminate without triggering alarms. 

Why does the silent eliminator need to be removed, yes there is an easy/lazy way to do it but the same can be said for a LOT of the nightwave missions.... there's also plenty of other things that I'd rather be removed instead of this.

Nora's feelin' good about the state of things, yes she is."

I'm not....

2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

So basically another nightwave where we end up with primarily credits (which are severely lacking in decent rewards for long term players) if we've done all the previous ones....

snip

...  I suppose the good stuff (umbra forma) will be week 27-30 as usual to make us go through the pointless stuff and make it look 'popular'.

This though. I'm glad to see Umbral Forma, and the extreeeeemely few actually new rewards, but it's overwhelmingly credits so it's basically essentially Nightwave credits most of the way up the track. As a vet, free potatoes and Kuva are nice, but when there's no story associated with it it's a smidge boring.

At the very least the creds need to be a single version rather than the 'forced' restart when you just change it's name so it can't use the old stuff....

If they follow my suggestion with making a time travel season, they'll have a reason to allow the spending of un-spent credits from previous nightwave seasons. Even if they want to make a workaround, or punish players for not having spent them the first time, then they could simply make a new version (like "Wolf II Creds") and have a purchasable in the store that exchanges 20 of the originals for 15 of the new creds.

seriously it's time to admit nightwave does not work as a 'battle pass'

It actually works great as a battle pass. It's free, it's composed of a lot of stuff you do normally or can do with a quick mod swap or doing something that you're happy to deviate to once you're given a reason. Better than the exploitative battle passes of other games. It's just that now it's only mechanically better than other battle passes, without a storyline like they're supposed to. So now Deep Rock Galactic's battle passes are now better than Warframe's.

I'll repeat, since other people misinterpreted my previous post. We're coming up on 3 years since Emissary ended, where the only Nightwave with a story that got released in that time, was Glassmaker. 1 nightwave story in 3 years. That feels really bad, man.

7 hours ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

This though. I'm glad to see Umbral Forma, and the extreeeeemely few actually new rewards, but it's overwhelmingly credits so it's basically essentially Nightwave credits most of the way up the track. As a vet, free potatoes and Kuva are nice, but when there's no story associated with it it's a smidge boring.

IIRC I have 20ish of each potato (running out of weapons/frames to use them on...), 100k+ kuva (thanks to this nightwave...after spending another 80k+ of it), 100+ nitain and every other currently available credit based reward..... smidge boring is an understatement lol

If they follow my suggestion with making a time travel season, they'll have a reason to allow the spending of un-spent credits from previous nightwave seasons. Even if they want to make a workaround, or punish players for not having spent them the first time, then they could simply make a new version (like "Wolf II Creds") and have a purchasable in the store that exchanges 20 of the originals for 15 of the new creds.

I'd still be in the exact same situation.... I've done all the previous nightwaves, primarily for the umbra forma (the drop rate of these suck, even with steel path) so unlocking the old seasons doesn't do anything for me.

It actually works great as a battle pass. It's free, it's composed of a lot of stuff you do normally or can do with a quick mod swap or doing something that you're happy to deviate to once you're given a reason. Better than the exploitative battle passes of other games. It's just that now it's only mechanically better than other battle passes, without a storyline like they're supposed to. So now Deep Rock Galactic's battle passes are now better than Warframe's.

I still think we'd be better off with having it as another syndicate with rotating rewards....

I'll repeat, since other people misinterpreted my previous post. We're coming up on 3 years since Emissary ended, where the only Nightwave with a story that got released in that time, was Glassmaker. 1 nightwave story in 3 years. That feels really bad, man.

I honestly don't care about the stories and it's pretty clear DE can't manage to do regular stories AND keep the rest of the game updated/moving forward....hence why I think it needs to change.

On 2022-06-16 at 2:05 PM, [DE]Zach said:

Nightwave Ship Decoration
A mini-decoration of the Nightwave Landing Craft.

Noggle Statue - Nora Night
A small statue of a person larger than life.

Nora Night Glyph Pack
Complete your profile with a pair of Nora Night Glyphs - “Style baby!” 

Nightwave Ornament (Cred Offering)
A decoration for all you Dreamers out there.

Nora Night Spoiler Suit
A Nightwave-inspired Spoiler Suit. Nora provides for listeners of all ages! 

Nora Night Spoiler Earpiece
A fashionable accessory only a Tenno could adorn.

Money Yes GIF by World Chase Tag

I'm ready and excited for all of these goodies~.

On 2022-06-20 at 3:18 AM, VieniSu said:

Sorry but how does this help those players who have not even gotten even remotely close to the Zariman some of these lock many out of the nightwave challenges ?

'...but how does this help...' - what's the 'this' you are referring to? That the NW season is ending soon?
Nightwave season goes for far longer than is needed to get all the T1 to T30 rewards. There is no need to do all the NW challenges. Once a player does get to the T30 reward they get NW cred for doing NW challenges from then on.

On 2022-06-20 at 4:49 PM, LSG501 said:

I'd still be in the exact same situation.... I've done all the previous nightwaves, primarily for the umbra forma (the drop rate of these suck, even with steel path) so unlocking the old seasons doesn't do anything for me.

Having a *rotation* of nightwaves every year so that there were 3-4 every year in which you would theoretically get more Umbral Forma and credits would still be helpful. Along with more Slots for the miscellaneous new weapons they release every major update. Forma. Etc. You could also just start buying Aura mods and sell them via WF market listings or trade chat for plat.

IIRC I have 20ish of each potato (running out of weapons/frames to use them on...), 100k+ kuva (thanks to this nightwave...after spending another 80k+ of it), 100+ nitain and every other currently available credit based reward..... smidge boring is an understatement lol

See my comment above haha. But still, doing challenges to earn credits to buy things to sell for plat is still definitely boring compared to having an actual story.

I still think we'd be better off with having it as another syndicate with rotating rewards....

It'd also be better to have it as a more frequently rotating Nightwave cycle that replays old ones that some people have missed, along with new Nightwave stories at least once a year. We already have enough syndicates, I'd rather see them continue to be more fleshed out than to add a new one. Was awesome seeing them release new(or rather old) sigils and new armors for a bunch of different syndicates.

I honestly don't care about the stories and it's pretty clear DE can't manage to do regular stories AND keep the rest of the game updated/moving forward....hence why I think it needs to change.

Can you elaborate on how you think it could be changed for the better, as opposed to simply making it another syndicate or removing it entirely?

Seriously though ... How hard is it to make five static diaporamas and have like five minutes of Nora giving exposition on what a minor character in the WF universe did during this time period... Seriously, the whole point of having Nightwave to begin with was to have a low-effort, easy to develop system that gave players a reason to log in every couple of months and actually keep playing the game.. Yet it seems it's too much work to give these seasons a theme... And put any effort into them... How come games like Fallout 76 , Destiny 2 and Path of Exile managed to have new themed seasons every couple of months to keep player invested in the game, yet it's too much work for Warframe to give context and new rewards in your seasonal "easy content production" model ?

Not like you have to over-design murder mysteries with crasy bosses or anything of that nature, but yeah , just have like 4-10 employees all year round making actual nightwave seasons. Have those people also make events, even if they are simple "Nef Anyo is deploying alot of bursas on planet X, kill them with clanmates to get a trophy and a couple rewards"... Anything beats logging it 320 days a year and having zero new content to play... And having at best 45 days where you have a new open world / quest / new prime frame / a couple new guns to farm.

This is a live service game, not a "We keep recycling the same nightwave and past events over and over till people quit" game... Oh and here's this 4 hour long quest that took us two years to make, hope the 10% of the userbase that actually have access to it due it being locked behind a gazillion systems enjoy it !

On 2022-06-16 at 11:16 AM, shut said:

It's super cool until you realize that you can cheese it by just doing an exterminate mission where there aren't any alarms in the first place 😂

I wish they'd just fix that interaction, though (i.e. remove the ability to cheese the challenge with a Void/Earth/Zariman/etc Exterminate or something), instead of removing it outright. Encouraging players to change things up a bit with a stealth build every now and then is nice, and I wish there was more of it.

They say they removed but I'll bet they add one in later that is like the riven version of the challenge, which says "without alarming enemies" or something, meaning they can't even see you.

On 2022-06-21 at 12:35 AM, Twisted_Wisdom said:

'...but how does this help...' - what's the 'this' you are referring to? That the NW season is ending soon?
Nightwave season goes for far longer than is needed to get all the T1 to T30 rewards. There is no need to do all the NW challenges. Once a player does get to the T30 reward they get NW cred for doing NW challenges from then on.

The "this" I am referring to are the new Zariman challenges many new players trying to gain things through the nightwave are not going to have access to that.

On 2022-06-16 at 11:16 AM, shut said:

It's super cool until you realize that you can cheese it by just doing an exterminate mission where there aren't any alarms in the first place 😂

I wish they'd just fix that interaction, though (i.e. remove the ability to cheese the challenge with a Void/Earth/Zariman/etc Exterminate or something), instead of removing it outright. Encouraging players to change things up a bit with a stealth build every now and then is nice, and I wish there was more of it.

I would like more tactical gameplay from warframe in the future...like, bring back explosive deterants (beakable glass in ships, or just environmental destruction that blocks initial extraction) cause man I hate zoom boomer gameplay...I used to like helping randoms in public games, but now everything is an explosionfest...even for zarimen missions, to find the accolades you blow up as much of the map as you can to destroy containers to find what's left (void plumes)...if everytime you explode the hell out of a room and it requires you to either hack your way out or have a blast door you have to blow up with a certain amount of hits so it's not hp based, it may deter some explosive choices.

The part I think a lot of people lose sight of is the value of the Dailies as a tutorial (or at least breadcrumbing info you need).

As a newbie, being told to kill a bunch of guys with Corrosive meant I had to go look up what damage types my weapons were doing, how status works, shuffling mods to do specific damage types beyond whatever the auto-install said was 'best', and then questioning why my full-Corrosive kit fared better against Grineer than Corpus. "Kill two enemies with one arrow" got me to understand punch-through mechanics. I learned stuff that has helped me suck less since. 

Or minor things. "Use a glyph" got me to add things to my gear wheel. "Shake another Tenno's hand" got me to find and customise the emote wheel and brave group play. "Bullet jump 150 times" forced me to practice so it wasn't (like in the actual tutorial) crouch-pause-aim-pause-launch-land-repeat taking longer than walking. 

These are great for new or returning who need hints at what they should try out or practice to refresh on. Sure it is all stuff that would be great to be just in game tutorials, there's a whole argument there. But just giving someone who has been dumped with Lotus going "git gud, clear junctions" at least a Daily goal, they can look up one thing and learn it, then incorporate that into their button-mashing until the next day. Stealth guidance. :) 

Obviously, that also leads into the Weeklies being Act Locked, which reduces the pool if you're not progressed enough. But that is fine! I still have to skip "kill Steel Path enemies" and others that I haven't unlocked yet. A new player is not going to be clearing the board day 1 even if they can access all of them. Or, if they are, they are being carried to an extent or 'cheesing' and not getting the practice/learning benefit. It is way too much too soon. As long as they can do ~2 Weeklies minimum, and the Dailies, that's a good pace to allow for absorbing and understanding, and the number goes up as they gain access and understanding to prepare them. And those ones they can't do get fed into the Recovery pool, so once they get far in enough to clear a week (or close to) those other missed ones pop up to fill any gaps. As long as there is some 'tiering' that ensures no one is getting a full week of Zariman content challenges, it will be fine. 

Might be an idea to have Nora send out an 'advert' mail explaining the recovery system and how Nightwave works as a pseudo battle/season pass just so newbies get that when they first-time access the radio and go "wtf is this about?", because it is a valuable tool. And I'm not opposed to the idea of story being tied into it (I wasn't around for that, but it sounds cool!). But I think it is underestimated as a valuable resource for new players who feel a bit lost and under-educated in the systems but find the guides out there to be far too much info dumped at once with no context. I'm sure when you're swimming in Kuva/Nitain and all the rewards are dupes and all the challenges are cakewalk it's a different story, but do not undersell the value newbies get from the system, both the benefit of being forced to learn how to do the challenges and the rewards that are still new to them. 

On 2022-06-16 at 2:05 PM, [DE]Zach said:

Insert Disc 2. 

Hey there, Dreamers!

It’s time for Nightwave: Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 to come to an end! The current Nightwave will end on Sunday, July 10th at 7pm ET - be sure to spend your remaining Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 credits before then. Any remaining Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 Creds can be sold for Credits afterwards.

What’s Next?
"It's that time again, Dreamers."

While Nora may like change in the System, she’s not one to stop the party when things are going her way. Introducing Nora’s Mix Vol. 2 - launching on all platforms on July 17th!

Similar to Vol. 1, Nora’s Mix Vol. 2 will continue our design goals for Nightwave. We still want to add new weekly goals for Tenno to complete, while being able to focus on our 2022 development goals! You can read more about our Nightwave philosophy in our post earlier this year!

Like previous editions of Nightwave, we will be including duplicate protection for rewards that you have already unlocked. Identical to Nora’s Mix Vol. 1, Tenno can expect to be compensated with Nora’s Mix Vol. 2 Creds instead of the previous unlocked reward.

New Acts!

We are including new Acts for those returning home. If you know... you know.

**Please note that the names/descriptions are subject to change.

New weekly Acts include...

Eternal Guardian
Complete 3 Void Armageddon missions.

High Ground
Complete 3 Void Flood Missions.

Zariman Bounty Hunter
Complete 4 different Bounties in the Zariman.

And for the skillful, an Elite Weekly Act...

Fallen Angel
Defeat a Void Angel in the Zariman

For any Tenno that have not yet completed Angels of the Zariman, these challenges will be hidden to prevent any potential spoilers! We have also removed the Elite Weekly Act ‘Silent Eliminator’ which required you to complete a level 30 Exterminate without triggering alarms. 

You're giving us easy Zariman challenges, yet taking out an easy elite challenge?

I'm failing to understand the logic here.

Archived