Remove Convergence (Focus) Orb

quxier

When we have Lenses then Convergence Orb appears from time to time. It doesn't bring any new. It's just annoyance. If it spawn near you then it's fine. However sometimes you have to go back to get that orb.

Why not remove that and just simply add focus directly to gear like it's now? Game already calculate when spawn it so we can convert focus gain to reasonable gain.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, quxier said:

Why not remove that and just simply add focus directly to gear like it's now? Game already calculate when spawn it so we can convert focus gain to reasonable gain.

I don’t know, it just applies a multiplier to your focus gained for a period. It seems like DE could outright remove it, but I doubt any permanent increase do base gains would be applied. That would require having a look at balance and all that.

It is a harmless little bubble that is entirely optional. You can just leave it be and there really isn’t much of a downside.

• Like 2

Ah yes the Focus Flower is quite lucrative indeed and provides  a 10X Multiplier used with all Focus earned during the limited time as indicated on screen.  Yes they are annoying sometimes to have to back track to pick up but it's the price to pay to reap the 10X focus multiplier. 
It might be slightly inconvenient at times, but as the saying goes, "you reap what you sow."

Have a pleasant tomorrow!

Convergence orbs have a purpose, they up your Focus gain per Affinity gain by 10x for 45 seconds.

If you have all of your Focus, then you can just ignore them. Just remember that there is a shop that opens up within the Schools when you have maxed each Focus school so you can get cosmetics from the excess Focus you gain, so it's not a waste to get more.

1 hour ago, x_xGamerx_x said:

however they significantly increase the amount of focus youre getting.

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Convergence orbs have a purpose, they up your Focus gain per Affinity gain by 10x for 45 seconds.

I don't mean they don't have purpose. It's just they don't give anything interesting gameplay wise. We are just getting more focus for short time doing exactly the same thing.

35 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... Just kill Thrax units...

31 minutes ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

Oh oh, better yet! Why don't you kill a Thrax like Uhkretor has said after picking a Convergence Orb? We can put lenses on our amps aswell, right?

First it's for all mission not just that one planet.

Secondly Thrax unit's focus is unaffected (steel path, bounties/mission rank, boosters).

39 minutes ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

Oh oh, better yet! Why don't you kill a Thrax like Uhkretor has said after picking a Convergence Orb? We can put lenses on our amps aswell, right?

I didn't say it would affect Thrax units. Like he said

4 minutes ago, quxier said:

Secondly Thrax unit's focus is unaffected (steel path, bounties/mission rank, boosters).

However, Convergence orbs have always been irrelevant. People only think that its relevant because it has a marker.

If it didn't have a marker, people wouldn't even notice its existence due to a vast majority being afraid of momentary loud noises, louder than ants walking, that last less than 2 seconds.

... Just killing Thrax units makes this whole thing, "problem", a moot point.

Edited by Uhkretor

19 hours ago, quxier said:

doing exactly the same thing.

Yes, that’s the literal point of them.

DE went out of their way, when they introduced the idea, to say that they didn’t want the Focus grind to be mandatory, but they wanted to reward players more for doing the things that we are supposed to do.

• Like 1

I hate that thing. Reasons I hate the convergence orbs:

• They can spawn on any enemy nearish to any player. That means if you are playing public and the squad refuses to stay together the convergence will always choose to spawn near the player furthest from you often expiring before you can reach it.
  • it's existence justifies keeping lenses affinity conversion painfully low
  • it's a "fun minigame" no one likes to play
  • Focus grind not being mandatory is no longer true with the direction of the story and operator focused gameplay
  • It's an annoying pop up on the hud and I don't like the sound it makes

I wish convergence was just ripped out of the game and lens gain boosted.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

No you don't.

Oh? So orbs teleport to you? That's interesting.

18 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Yes, that’s the literal point of them.

DE went out of their way, when they introduced the idea, to say that they didn’t want the Focus grind to be mandatory, but they wanted to reward players more for doing the things that we are supposed to do.

But isn't it almost mandatory to get orbs? It gives 10x more focus so if you want to earn focus abilities (they cost few 100 000 pints) they you have to earn it quickly. Orbs (or first time on each rounds in Sanctuary onslaughts) helps with that a lot.

30 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

No, you are forcing yourself to go back for a yellow orb. I on the other hand, am not.

Duh. If you want orb you have to go back.

if it must stay id rather that just be an auto buff that happens in the same increments that the orbs spawn. im surprised this area of the focus schools didnt get replaced by the new way.

of course id rather they be removed along with all the lenses and use the new way they put in as shown when you chose a school and kill thrax.

Edited by EinheriarJudith
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, quxier said:

But isn't it almost mandatory to get orbs?

No, it's not mandatory, because there is always the option of not farming Focus. As in we can finish the grind and not need any more, but because DE will not let us remove a Lens from our gear, the gear with the Lens will still cause the orbs to spawn.

18 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

No, it's not mandatory, because there is always the option of not farming Focus.

I mean in case you want to farm focus getting orbs. If you don't want to farm focus it doesn't matter.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

I mean in case you want to farm focus getting orbs. If you don't want to farm focus it doesn't matter.

Yes, but I didn't, that's what I was clarifying, and even then you had to say 'almost' mandatory.

If you farm up a Lua Lens the gain from Affinity is over 3% at base, and considering we earn millions of Affinity points doing regular things, the only time you feel the need to use a Convergence Orb is when you are deliberately going out of your way to farm in missions (which is still the fastest method when combined with Silence Bombing Run Stealth Affinity farming).

I quite like convergence orb, because it can offer you efficiency in your focus farming by taking it at the very right moment.

What i like the most it's when it spawn in the middle of a large enemy pack, jump into it and boom, enjoy!

Even the sounds don't annoy me.

I don't know what people have against this, not the first time i see this type of topic. 

Edited by Alpha56

22 minutes ago, Alpha56 said:

I quite like convergence orb, because it can offer you efficiency in your focus farming by taking it at the very right moment.

What i like the most it's when it spawn in the middle of a large enemy pack, jump into it and boom, enjoy!

Even the sounds don't annoy me.

I don't know what people have against this, not the first time i see this type of topic. 

Bad luck vs good luck, mine always appear on straggler enemies after I've already cleared the area or when I play with others and the spawn rate is great... it spawns by the player across the map and despawns before I can get to it. I'd much rather have a lower gain but more consistent experience. If It wasn't something I had to physically go collect and just acted like a timed buff after meeting the requirements to trigger it a lot of people would probably have a more positive attitude towards convergence.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cute_moth.npc said:

I don't mind them existing but like..

Can we get them to spawn in the middle of a map or near that point instead of a closet out near the edge of time and space?

They spawn on a random mob. You’ll always find them where something was.