Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buffs which decay 1 by 1 fail to decay/re-stack correctly [Fixed]

TheKengineer

DESCRIPTION: Certain stacking bonuses lose all bonuses when one stack expires, yet the UI shows the remaining stacks and countdown. Regaining stacks will apply new buffs, but only up to as many stacks as were lost (eg if the bonus can stack twice and one stack is lost, you can only get one stack). Letting the full stack deplete allowing the player to build up a full stack again

EXPECTED RESULT: In video clip expected to deal ~8733 damage (4852 x 1.8) if Galvanized Savvy is multiplicative (currently is on Felarx), OR ~6316 damage (4852 ÷ 2.65 x 3.45) if it's additive with Primed Point Blank (the only other mod equipped at the time for testing)

OBSERVED RESULT: dealt 6793 damage on second hit (4852 x 1.4) showing only one Galvanized Savvy stack was active despite UI showing two stacks. Tested in mission to rule out simulacrum as bug source.

REPRODUCTION: Gain 2+ stacks of affected stacking bonus, where stacks decay 1 at a time. Lose 1+ stacks but not all of them. Upon losing 1 stack the whole bonus is gone. Upon regaining 1+ stacks those stacks will apply, but not the ones which hadn't yet decayed. Game prevents gaining full stacks as the non-decayed yet inactive stacks count against max stack cap.

REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% on affected bonuses. Confirmed on Innodem's Swooping Lunge (4th Evolution), on Galvanized Savvy & on Primary Merciless (tested on Felarx, both normal and incarnon mode) and Primary Dexterity (tested on Fulmin). Identical issues.

As i tested today, when you first activate the arcane everything goes perfect until you lose 1 stack. It should lose 1 stack and keep the rest of the buff BUT you are losing it all and the worst part of this, is that you cant recover the full buff unless you let the buff to completely dissapears, and then you are ramping up the stacks from the active one. IE: you get x12 and let the arcane to lose stacks until you get x8, the full buff is lost and you will only get a max of x4 stacks since its capped at x12.

Please check and fix, thanks.

32 minutes ago, TheKengineer said:

REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% on affected bonuses. Confirmed on Innodem's Swooping Lunge (4th Evolution), on Galvanized Savvy & on Primary Merciless (tested on Felarx, both normal and incarnon mode) and Primary Dexterity (tested on Fulmin). Identical issues.

This sounds like a right mess. 

Any stacking buffs you've checked that -have- worked?  I might try a few later and don't want to duplicate your efforts.

Was about to make a post for this but noticed someone else already has,

I tested this with Galvanized Shot and Galvanized Aptitude with the same type of issue using normal hitscan weapons

Galvanized Chamber is also affected by the same issue

• Tested on Cernos Prime where base multishot with G.Chamber is 5.4x and max stack fires 9 arrows.
  • Decaying 1 stack drops the arrow count from 9 to 5/6

Yes! This one had had me confused for a bit. I know the type of damage I should be doing, so I was starting to wonder if perhaps something was nerfed or that I wasn't playing in the right state of mind. I think it was so illusive because I typically play solo so the modes that require galvanized and arcane decay stacks, say Steel Path, I can usually keep the stacks up at all times and so the bug didn't creep up as often then.

It's when I played a mode with staging and scripted events, where the arcanes and mods inevitably decay, that I began to notice it. In my case it was in Profit Taker when I really began to notice something was awry. I use galvanized mods and dexterity mods on my primary and secondary for that fight along with exodia contagion for a syngerized loadout. It was with my primary and secondary weapons where I began to notice oddities in the damage I was dealing. What should have been 9550 or so on the shield pylons was bouncing around at 7430, for instance. It wasn't consistent like it would usually be. Now it's clear what was happening and a fix would be appreciated.

There is a stack bug with Theorem Infection where you just can't gain stacks or refresh at random even if you aren't full stacks. Probably has something to do with whatever is borked with this.

Stacking bonuses, such as Primary Merciless as shown in the clip, lose all bonuses when one stack expires, but the UI shows the remaining stacks and countdown. Regaining stacks will apply new buffs, but only up to as many stacks as were lost (eg if the bonus can stack twice and one stack is lost, you can only get one stack). Letting the full stack deplete allowing the player to build up a full stack again. 

I replicated this bug in the simulacrum showing the original damage unaffected by the arcane, then the damage as effected by the arcane. I then let one stack decay, which then reverted the damage to the original amount despite having stacks left over. 

I've provided a quick video of the bug. 

Another Bump for visibility. Might not be a game breaking bug but it does affect gameplay with a huge margin that it warrants attention. Making more than Half of the entire weapons list useless due to this bug is quite an issue.

A big thank you to TheKengineer for working this out and putting up a video on it. My gun builds felt weak, didn't know why until I saw his video. Tested and confirmed this one myself today. Works exactly like he says it does.

Damn this bug makes eximus units a real pain... I thought something was up. I don't like any of the weapons that don't utilise stacking decaying buffs so I'm currently SoL on my solo sp runs. Even for long arbis when enough eximus start to spawn it's starting to feel a little more overwhelming than it used to

All platforms bug. ALL decaying stacks like Primary Merciless are affected by this bug. 

If you have 12 stacks of Merciless for example, and lose one, you lose the entire buff, not just the one stack. When you get another kill, the UI caps it at 12 stacks, even though you only are benefiting from one stack. Easily replicated, in mission and or simulacrum. 

As mentioned before, ALL decaying stacks are affected by this bug.

Archived