Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Incredibly loud K-Drive noise

5.K.1.N.

For some reason whenever I am just riding around on a K-Drive, the sound effect of turning while I am accelerating is so much louder than the rest of the game, and it has gotten really frustrating and makes me not even want to use it.

I actually had the same thing.  When turning or running over foliage in the open world the sound was INCREDIBLY loud.  I went into settings and adjusted Sound Effects Volume down to test it out.  When I turn the Sound Effects Volume up again it's no longer happening? 
In addition, I usually keep my Master Volume very low, but everything at 100% otherwise.  I'm feeling like those foliage / turning sound effects weren't being accounted for by the Master Volume reduction, but when I gave it a bit of a nudge it's figured itself out a bit.
Hope this helps!

EDIT:
Ahh, actually it came back again pretty quickly, I must have been doing something wrong.  Further testing, even adjusting Sound Effects Volume doesn't help, AND I even just tried turning Master volume to zero - And I still hear this loud K Drive noise even while nothing else is playing.  Very strange indeed.

Yeah I've noticed that. It also happens in captura.  It might be related to Realtek audio drivers and the sound remaster from Echoes of Zariman update as it doesn't happen when I use my screen speakers or connect my headphones directly to it. 

For some weird reason, you can avoid it by using the velocipod skin. But if you trigger it by using Merulina or removing the skin, it will stay regardless. Even if you fly close to water with your archwing. The only way to reset it is to go back to your orbiter.

that's what it sounds like. Wild grass, and water/ice seems to be the only sounds affected.

I was coming to write about this. I have Master volume at 100%, Chat Notifications at 100%, and everything else at 30. I then boost the system volume up so I hear (but the chat notifications are louder)

Any K-Drive noise, carving, snow, water, splash etc seems to be still at 100% no matter if I use headphones, different speakers etc. I tried my monitor built in speakers which uses a different audio device, my normal speakers, and my headphone speakers through voicemeeter with a few settings tooled with there and it all maintains.

I've also been noticing this issue. I just did some testing, and it turns out that the sound still happens with every volume slider down to 0. The entire game is absolutely silent, until I K-Drive near the water and then this sound comes in at the same full volume.

unknown.png

I also have had this bug occur.  Seems to also happen when you make content with the water at all.  Saw someone streaming and it happened to them too.  K drive is certainly the worst offender on creating the sound effects though.

Yeah, noticed this a lot on Merulina. Whenever Yareli dashes forward and lands on water, it makes this incredibly loud splashing sound. I'm not sure if any of my teammates hear this though. Just tested on an Earth tileset and noticed this when dashing onto a stream of water.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-06-29 at 3:10 PM, DoubleMayCare said:

I've had this sound happening in Eidolon and Orb Vallis, mostly over water but occasionally over plants. It's quite obnoxious, especially considering I have sensitive hearing. Please fix!

Same, I really hope they are working on a fix because it's making my ears bleed

Archived