Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So uh, how's Gyre doin?

Frames either have to have cc to keep enemies from shooting you, or some kind of damage reduction, armor or shield-gain ability to ignore being shot at, preferably both, but Gyre pretty much has neither. Her 4 doesn't hit often enough anymore to keep enemies paralyzed and stop them from shooting, and none of her abilities give survive-ability. You can helminth in one or the other, but that still leaves you missing something.

So, yeah, I like her a lot but she's direly squishy and I also put gloom on her 2, which helped, but she was still a breath away from death at every moment.

7 hours ago, cute_moth.npc said:

We are out of update patches between now and Tennocon, she is probably doomed to join the rest of the 2021/2022 class of Warframes that got abandoned.

Seriously, what’s with DE just accepting mediocrity from their frames? Before they always had a series of buffs ready to improve a new frame 2 weeks-1 month after they release.

Now we get like to minor changes a week after and DE just ignores the frame like they never even existed.

Whatever the next frame is it’s going to be really hard to be excited for it knowing that DE’s more than likely going to just going to abandon it too.

I like her and think she is good. Though, I didn't really use or exploit (in the casual sense) her 4 ability, like some. So when it was nerfed, I didn't really notice. Wasn't until I saw some videos of how powerful it could be later. If I had acclimatised to that play style, I might have been bothered more. 

As far as her strength, she does base Steel Path fine. I haven't used her in any 2 hour plus SP Survivals or Disruptions, but yeah. I play her similarly to Mag, spamming abilities, especially the grouping ability, and killing with weapons. Constantly moving, using Rolling Guard for survival. I also like her a lot for Zariman missions, as her 2 is... its no Xaku or Zephyr or Limbo as far as box breaking, but its semi decent and so makes looking for white dots on the map easier (and thus Voidplumes). 

I find her abilities fun, especially the physics involved. Feels nice to land skill shots with the 2, especially as far as hitting/killing enemies around corners or different levels, from arcing shots. Set them up with the 2, then try and follow up with the 1, and then you see numbers burst from a different room, on a different level, through a small gap you arced your powers through. 

5 hours ago, quxier said:

Sure but abilities should be good at something. It might killing stuffs, or CC. It might be "fun aspect" (it's subjective but at least it shouldn't be clunky e.g. Grendel's Pulverize + Augment can get stuck for some time so it's little clunky).

In Yareli case her 4th is bad at probably most things.

It is a CC.

3 hours ago, pwnSacrifice said:

This is so insanely backwards it's not funny. She does extremely little to buff weapons and has *no* survivability built in-kit, as well as all her abilities either being damage,, or damage + something, how is she in any way shape or form a weapon platform? She's basically a squishier, higher damage, electric Ember.  She's all caster frame, which is why we talk about her damage falling off hard in steel path.  Gyre is also extremely energy hungry if you're actually trying to keep up her 4 and utilize her other abilities due to the rather short base duration on it, and her lack of a "dump" stat - she needs str, range, and duration to function well.

Comparing her to Zephyr is hilarious. Zephyr is basically immortal, and Airburst (not tornado) is what we use to gather enemies, which is a lot better than gyre's 2 at doing just that. 'Nados are to multiply your damage in an area and do a terrible job of gathering enemies with the typical low Strength builds we run on Zephyr (* The more you know *). 

I would agree with two things here - She's just fine and her biggest flaw is lack of survivability. 

All in all, she works 'fine' but lacks a defined niche where you'd actually want to use her. She doesn't do anything unique but everything she can do is desire-able and functions 'okay'. If electric status becomes important or her gathering + damage becomes more relevant than say ensnare or larva, then she could find herself a solid niche. Barring that, she gets to sit on the shelf next to the other functional but nicheless frames. Maybe next to hildryn?

"Cathode Grace grants Gyre a 25% / 30% / 40% / 50% Critical Chance bonus to her weapons"

"While active, inflict a Critical Hit from Gyre's weapons and abilities against an enemy target to trigger a lightning discharge that chains outward, striking the target plus up to 5 other enemies within a 10 meter line-of-sight detection radius around the source enemy. The source enemy and chained enemies are inflicted 250 / 300 / 400 / 500  Electricity damage with a guaranteed status effect. Up to 2 lightning discharges from 2 separate critical hits can occur simultaneously;"

1 hour ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Seriously, what’s with DE just accepting mediocrity from their frames? Before they always had a series of buffs ready to improve a new frame 2 weeks-1 month after they release.

Now we get like to minor changes a week after and DE just ignores the frame like they never even existed.

Whatever the next frame is it’s going to be really hard to be excited for it knowing that DE’s more than likely going to just going to abandon it too.

I've completely lost hype, personally. It seems like a really bad strategy to me. I can understand why they rush content, but Warframes are the titular product of the game and the primary driver for sales and hype, I think?

It's sort of like being a coffee shop but putting out bad coffee. It's not like "amazing coffee but they just sell pre made muffins" (the other content), the Warframes are the coffee. It should be the one place where if anything, you put in the effort to make a good product.

Gyre is weird too because overall she isn't actually that bad? Like her concept works, the skills work, she just feels like she needs some tweaking. Some of the other releases like Yareli who didn't come with a dash, severely limited functionality because they didn't want to do the animations, dozens of bugs, poorly thought out functionality, are on a completely different level of low effort.

Gyre just literally needed someone to figure out a better compromise for her 4 and maybe some other small adjustments, other than smashing it with a hammer and walking away. That makes me just as worried as Yareli though lol.. She doesn't need a massive rework, just for the numbers to make sense but not putting in that effort is a bad look. I think Caliban was sort of in that area too. 

Lost hype over small adjustments, it's not good to me ^^;

2 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

"Cathode Grace grants Gyre a 25% / 30% / 40% / 50% Critical Chance bonus to her weapons"

which is quite meh at best. %50 crit chance is not much when compared with other buff skills.

"While active, inflict a Critical Hit from Gyre's weapons and abilities against an enemy target to trigger a lightning discharge that chains outward, striking the target plus up to 5 other enemies within a 10 meter line-of-sight detection radius around the source enemy. The source enemy and chained enemies are inflicted 250 / 300 / 400 / 500  Electricity damage with a guaranteed status effect. Up to 2 lightning discharges from 2 separate critical hits can occur simultaneously;"

500 damage is next to nothing. especially when its electric.

I don't know how good Gyre is or not yet, other than her ability visual and audo fx are very pleasing and oh, boy, is she squish.   Squish like Banshee, but with more shields (lol) and less Silence. 

My biggest frustration with her is that what seems like her weakest / most replaceable ability to me--Coil Horizon--is also the most fun to use.

10 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

The game isn't balanced around level cap, so what level are you referring to?

uh, nobody is talking about the level cap other than you. you dont need to get to the level cap for what i said to be relevant. like, at all. she is a meh frame at best, and your points about that being untrue is just wrong. 

13 hours ago, cute_moth.npc said:

I've completely lost hype, personally. It seems like a really bad strategy to me. I can understand why they rush content, but Warframes are the titular product of the game and the primary driver for sales and hype, I think?

It's sort of like being a coffee shop but putting out bad coffee. It's not like "amazing coffee but they just sell pre made muffins" (the other content), the Warframes are the coffee. It should be the one place where if anything, you put in the effort to make a good product.

Gyre is weird too because overall she isn't actually that bad? Like her concept works, the skills work, she just feels like she needs some tweaking. Some of the other releases like Yareli who didn't come with a dash, severely limited functionality because they didn't want to do the animations, dozens of bugs, poorly thought out functionality, are on a completely different level of low effort.

Gyre just literally needed someone to figure out a better compromise for her 4 and maybe some other small adjustments, other than smashing it with a hammer and walking away. That makes me just as worried as Yareli though lol.. She doesn't need a massive rework, just for the numbers to make sense but not putting in that effort is a bad look. I think Caliban was sort of in that area too. 

Lost hype over small adjustments, it's not good to me ^^;

Maybe we just need to wait for auguments? If all she needs is a little bit of tweaking maybe she will do better later, but yeah I guess rn it's not going well for her.

10 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

The game isn't balanced around level cap, so what level are you referring to?

It's not, but when some frames do well in content that scales to high levels and some don't, you can probably understand why comparisons or critique occur.  I don't think it is DE's intention to release frames that become obsolete after the star chart (or shortly after it), especially when new content seems to take the average enemy level higher and higher (Narmer Bounties, now the Zariman).

No, not every ability should scale and trivialize Steel Path.  But DE should be planning for high level relevance for each new frame release, and for their older frames as well.

14 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

50% multiplicative crit is basically nothing on many weapons, especially if we're already modding for crit (which is 80%+ of weapons). 

I'd also argue that the "real" function of her 3 is to facilitate crits on her abilities. Considering the frame does almost nothing when you can't crit, I'd have been 'shocked' if they didn't throw her some sort of crit buff (pun intended). Also it's the weakest of all these buffs, so to considering she brings nothing but 50% crit for weapons, I can't justify ever bringing her in for that alone. Zephyr, Harrow, hell Yareli does this better than Gyre. That's not to say I don't value what Gyre is capable of, it's just not the minor buff. 

Like I said, she does *nothing* unique, or strong, but it's all desire-able.

Simply I used her for a few days after the nerf, but it just wasnt as useful and basically involved more parkour for survival [which is fine i guess], but her TTK was reduced so much that I have stopped using her. 

The way warframe works is either you have to nuke everything, or you can ignore everything but a specific target. so most frames have a use. but when a frames skills produce the dmg and those are nerfed it means relying purely on the weapons loadout and when that happens there is no reason to use the frame, so i make another choice.

Atleast this is my playstyle, i choose my frames based on there skills/abilities/passives and how useful they are to my playstyle in a given mode. Gyre has no scaling, intermittent dps, and no mitigation. So she has nothing I would consider useful to my playstyle anymore... i guess i would use her now for the memes. [and my previous build on her felt really nice] 

2 hours ago, Zeclem said:

uh, nobody is talking about the level cap other than you. you dont need to get to the level cap for what i said to be relevant. like, at all. she is a meh frame at best, and your points about that being untrue is just wrong. 

The videos of players doing well with the frame says otherwise, though. You'd have a point if even youtubers said they can't get past 20 min in SP or something.

1 hour ago, sunderthefirmament said:

It's not, but when some frames do well in content that scales to high levels and some don't, you can probably understand why comparisons or critique occur.  I don't think it is DE's intention to release frames that become obsolete after the star chart (or shortly after it), especially when new content seems to take the average enemy level higher and higher (Narmer Bounties, now the Zariman).

No, not every ability should scale and trivialize Steel Path.  But DE should be planning for high level relevance for each new frame release, and for their older frames as well.

They plan well enough. It's still a game where you're expected to bring at least 1 teammate, or properly build.

Some of you are just expecting every frame to be soloable.

21 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

They plan well enough.

Eh, I disagree.  Respectfully.

I don't think the self damage change into self stagger plus the addition of primed firestorm and fulmination was planned out particularly well, especially with the arsenal divide update beefing up primaries.  I also don't think that the eximus overhaul was terribly well planned out, given how it weakened already unfavored frames and did nothing to change the zoom and boom meta that is turning this game into a walking simulator.  And the knee-jerk changes to Void Sling have arguably made it into some watered down middle ground of ye olde void dash and early state void sling, meaning we neither have the speed of the old void dash, nor the control of the old void sling.  Again, not very well planned out.  And this is all fairly recent.

25 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Eh, I disagree.  Respectfully.

I don't think the self damage change into self stagger plus the addition of primed firestorm and fulmination was planned out particularly well, especially with the arsenal divide update beefing up primaries.  I also don't think that the eximus overhaul was terribly well planned out, given how it weakened already unfavored frames and did nothing to change the zoom and boom meta that is turning this game into a walking simulator.  And the knee-jerk changes to Void Sling have arguably made it into some watered down middle ground of ye olde void dash and early state void sling, meaning we neither have the speed of the old void dash, nor the control of the old void sling.  Again, not very well planned out.  And this is all fairly recent.

Players expressed concerns about lack of modding space, so arcanes let you remove Serration and gave them weapon buffs that players asked for. 

The eximus update only weakened people that were already new/inexperienced/plan to solo. The game is still trivialized with 2 to 3 players. It's still trivialized when solo as well (Vauban with spectrosiphon for example), depends on the individual player.

Void sling was updated and is fine now. I can still Vazarin dash backwards in a second.

The videos of players doing well with the frame says otherwise, though. You'd have a point if even youtubers said they can't get past 20 min in SP or something.

so, now you care about endgame content now? that was a quick change of your position.

point is, there are tons of other frames that are objectively better than she is at what she can do. therefore, she is bad. some hypotheticals about youtubers "doing well" with her does not change that objective fact.

1 hour ago, Zeclem said:

so, now you care about endgame content now? that was a quick change of your position.

point is, there are tons of other frames that are objectively better than she is at what she can do. therefore, she is bad. some hypotheticals about youtubers "doing well" with her does not change that objective fact.

It was an example. I should have said "Some players are capable of handling frames better than others."

Banshee already showed squishy frames can do "difficult" content. I used to use frames as crutches, too, until I gained experience and learned how to move and mod. 

If someone is doing higher tier content with what some players are calling a bad frame, then that means either the frame doesn't fit the playstyle of some people, or some players aren't at a level needed to operate said frame.

9 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Banshee already showed squishy frames can do "difficult" content.

Silence, spaztastic weapon damage, and judicious use of Sonic Boom solve a lot of problems!

Shield gate cheese too, which I'd guess might be harder with Gyre.  I'm no expert on her or shield gating though.

1 hour ago, Zeclem said:

Just because something is worse doesn't mean it's bad.

My Gyre is doing just fine for me.

I did a change to my build over the usual everyone else does

Duration: 207%  Efficiency: 45%  Range: 145%  Strength: 267%

Strength is increased by outside sources that we have at our disposal. Full set of Augur mods and Brief Respite for 390% energy to shield conversion. Cathode Grace Provides enough energy recharge for a low eff build if it has enough strength when you snapshot it. It takes a bit of planning but she can wreck with the best of them. Coil Horizon Should just be mostly treated as a melee ranged CC as trying to toss it tends to make it bounce somewhere else.

Archived