Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Confusing things in warframe

(XBOX)F1uffy Neko

I find it difficult and annoying when people complain about the genders in warframe as such as zephyr or nezha. Now everyone knows nezha is a male as is the person he's based on.  Zephyr is to my knowledge a female frame which shouldn't be since her based deity is actually a male. People often argue around me saying she's actually a male. I just want someone to confirm what zephyr really is.

Same as to if equinox is both female on both forms. Equinox was thought by many to be night = female due to the fragile feminine look and day = male due to the suit of armor look and aggressive feel.

Xaku is also said to be genderless too.

I know all this is dumb to even talk about, but I just wanna settle it once and for all.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)F1uffy Neko said:

Didn't DE state that xaku was male at one point. 

Possibly, either accidentally or just before the concept was solidified. Wouldn't be the first time.

Either way, straight from the Codex: "Neither he nor she, Xaku is a composite... a Warframe assembly made of others lost in the early Entrati Void expeditions. Xaku has mastered this power of the Void to terrify and bewilder their adversaries."

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-06-26 at 7:26 PM, (XBOX)F1uffy Neko said:

On 2022-06-26 at 8:16 PM, gamingchair1121 said:

xaku is genderless

Xaku is four people. I'm not saying you're wrong, but you're correct for a different reason than stated

On 2022-07-08 at 1:13 PM, TARINunit9 said:

Xaku is four people. I'm not saying you're wrong, but you're correct for a different reason than stated

Xaku is the result of three Warframes being composited. They're a distinct entity, if they were split up and the original Warframes reassambled, it would not be Xaku. 

21 minutes ago, evinta said:

Xaku is the result of three Warframes being composited. They're a distinct entity, if they were split up and the original Warframes reassambled, it would not be Xaku. 

I agree, in the same way John, Paul, George, and Ringo are not individually The Beatles. They are only The Beatles collectively.

The Beatles is four people, and Xaku is four people

On 2022-07-10 at 10:25 PM, TARINunit9 said:

I agree, in the same way John, Paul, George, and Ringo are not individually The Beatles. They are only The Beatles collectively.

The Beatles is four people, and Xaku is four people

Godrick the Grafted in Elden Ring is a he, even tho he has limbs from a very large amount of people, and Xaku is essentially a frame with parts replaced from other frames. DE also is kinda inconsistent with these weird lore things.

8 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Godrick the Grafted in Elden Ring is a he, even tho he has limbs from a very large amount of people, 

I don't know anything about Elden Ring, but

8 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Xaku is essentially a frame with parts replaced from other frames. 

I am 99% sure this is wrong unless DE speaks up about it. Xaku is four people using tree roots to hold themselves into one body. That's what the Xaku "skeleton" is: it's not a person's skeleton, it is tree roots like the ones used in the Orbiter

Contrast this with what the Elden Ring wikia says about Godrick, which is one person stealing flesh from dead people

On 2022-06-27 at 1:26 AM, (XBOX)F1uffy Neko said:

I find it difficult and annoying when people complain about the genders in warframe as such as zephyr or nezha. Now everyone knows nezha is a male as is the person he's based on.  Zephyr is to my knowledge a female frame which shouldn't be since her based deity is actually a male. People often argue around me saying she's actually a male. I just want someone to confirm what zephyr really is.

Same as to if equinox is both female on both forms. Equinox was thought by many to be night = female due to the fragile feminine look and day = male due to the suit of armor look and aggressive feel.

I know all this is dumb to even talk about, but I just wanna settle it once and for all.

Also Equinox is a she, I know because she's the best anime catgirl frame.

2 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

I am 99% sure this is wrong unless DE speaks up about it. Xaku is four people using tree roots to hold themselves into one body. That's what the Xaku "skeleton" is: it's not a person's skeleton, it is tree roots like the ones used in the Orbiter

This is the first I've heard about Xaku being part tree roots.  Did DE talk at some point about Xaku containing tree roots, or are you simply talking about observing the similarity between some of the structures within Xaku and the tendrils in the orbiter, and referring to those as tree roots since that's what they in some ways resemble?

Also this is splitting hairs meaningless trivial hairs but I'm that sort of nerd: I had thought I had seen in a stream or something that Xaku was comprised of 3 frames, do you recall where you heard 4?

41 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

or are you simply talking about observing the similarity between some of the structures within Xaku and the tendrils in the orbiter, and referring to those as tree roots since that's what they in some ways resemble?

I mean, those ARE tree roots in the Orbiter. They're the same as were used in the old Dojo rooms (my clan still has some of those rooms)

23 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

I mean, those ARE tree roots in the Orbiter. They're the same as were used in the old Dojo rooms (my clan still has some of those rooms)

How do we know they're tree roots?  Are/were they referred to that somewhere?  I've just never seen that before so I'm curious what the source of that label is.

Archived