Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Graphics

Ysmirdragon

Recently got a new computer and I installed the Nvidia control panel. I noticed that Warframe is no longer supported. Could any of you give me a decent graphics set up that wont overload my video card? My PC specs are:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

GPU: Nvidia GeoForce  GTX 1070

MOTHERBOARD: B550 Aorus Elite AX V2

RAM: two G.Skill F4-3600c18-8GTZRX

STORTAGE: Samsung SSD 980 1TB

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

That hardware should have no issues running the game at high settings.

Few things to check:

- Try uninstalling & reinstalling your Nvidia drivers 

- Make sure your monitor is plugged into the GPU's HDMI/Display Port/DVI (and not to the motherboard's display output)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-06-29 at 3:29 PM, Letter13 said:

That hardware should have no issues running the game at high settings.

Few things to check:

- Try uninstalling & reinstalling your Nvidia drivers 

- Make sure your monitor is plugged into the GPU's HDMI/Display Port/DVI (and not to the motherboard's display output)

Still getting screen freezing followed by the game crashing. Any idea why the game is no longer supported by Nvidea?

10 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

The game is supported by Nvidia. I don't have any problems running the game on a system with a GTX 1060.

Have you followed the recommendations in my first post?

Yes I did and I meant that Warframe is no longer supported on the Geoforce Experience or the AMD equivalent. Before they dropped support I never had the problem.

It sounds more like you might be experiencing a hardware or software issue, especially if the game is crashing when you try to launch it. Nvidia and AMD never dropped support for Warframe. The hardware specification you listed is 100% fine for running the game.

You may want to re-verify your game cache through the Warframe launcher settings, this will check to make sure all your game files are up to date and are clean and not corrupted.

It may also be worth it to check your Windows installation integrity/health in case something in your operating system has gotten corrupted. You can do this with two separate commands in the windows command prompt, provided you can launch the command prompt with administrator privileges: 

• Launch the Windows Command Prompt with elevated/administrator permissions
  • run the command: sfc /scannow
  • wait for the system file checker to complete, if it reports that it detected and repaired corrupt system files, you should be golden, but if it comes back saying that it could not repair corrupted system files, you may need to run additional commands below:
  • run the command: dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth
  • wait for the process to complete
  • If the DISM report in the command line lists that there's a corrupted file or component store and it can be repaired, you can re-run the above command with /restorehealth instead of /checkhealth to repair the corrupted components
  • If the DISM report specifies that there are corrupted entries that could not be repaired, you may need to re-image your operating system (repairing/reinstalling the OS from a system image).

If the issue is not in the drivers (which you reinstalled) or the operating system, then you may be experiencing a hardware failure. If you check your device manager under 'display adapters', do you see an "Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070" listed? If not, then your GPU may have failed and needs to be replaced.

46 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Windows installation

... You forgot to ask the most important question when "Warframe is not supported" is concerned...

On 2022-06-29 at 4:39 AM, Ysmirdragon said:

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

First and foremost, and this question is always the most important one to ask ... What OS are you using, exactly?

----------------------------------- X -----------------------------------

Spoiler

Seriously, take a hint from my participation in these kinds of threads already, fellow readers.

When someone is having problems with Warframe, asking which OS said someone is using always eliminates half of the troubleshooting process, if not the whole process entirely.

1 hour ago, Uhkretor said:

... You forgot to ask the most important question when "Warframe is not supported" is concerned...

First and foremost, and this question is always the most important one to ask ... What OS are you using, exactly?

Pretty sure they're using windows. With specs they listed, and the fact that it's a 'New Computer', some flavor of Windows 10 or 11 is the safest bet as what was pre-installed on it (unless they built it themselves). I strongly doubt they're using Linux (since Nvidia driver support for Linux is spotty and often doesn't have anything resembling a 'control panel'), and they're most certainly not running MacOS.

So, not a far reach (and a really safe bet) to assume they're running Windows 10 or 11, ergo, sfc /scannow. 

That said, @Ysmirdragon if you're not running windows 10 or 11, you will need to install one or the other on your PC as your main operating system to play Warframe. If you're already running windows 10 or 11, feel free to ignore this post and Uhkretor's post and refer to my post regarding the sfc /scannow command.

On 2022-07-12 at 11:56 PM, Letter13 said:

Pretty sure they're using windows. With specs they listed, and the fact that it's a 'New Computer', some flavor of Windows 10 or 11 is the safest bet as what was pre-installed on it (unless they built it themselves). I strongly doubt they're using Linux (since Nvidia driver support for Linux is spotty and often doesn't have anything resembling a 'control panel'), and they're most certainly not running MacOS.

So, not a far reach (and a really safe bet) to assume they're running Windows 10 or 11, ergo, sfc /scannow. 

That said, @Ysmirdragon if you're not running windows 10 or 11, you will need to install one or the other on your PC as your main operating system to play Warframe. If you're already running windows 10 or 11, feel free to ignore this post and Uhkretor's post and refer to my post regarding the sfc /scannow command.

Tried the sfc /scannow command plus the others. and nothing seems to come up. should I just try to uninstall and re install the game?

Archived