Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does anybody else miss plain old Mission alerts

(PSN)remo_yesman

Does anybody else miss plain old random Mission alerts.. 🤔 I kind of miss those Mission alerts. It was also a good way for new players to get cosmetics, weapons sometimes, T1 through T4 keys, extra credits, Endo, etc. Just a lot of random goodies, you could also meet ppl, help them out with their struggle, because  you weren't doing anything anyway, that's why your alert hoping.. 😀 I remember when Vauban Prime first came out, and I just knew I had every resource, but one thing I didn't have was Nitain extract. At the time it only popped up on alerts, so you only literally had like three chances to get it a day. I don't remember how much I needed but I feel like it was a lot. Plus I was working at the time, I literally had to download the Warframe alert app and I would wake up at like 3:00 a.m. just to hit up certain alerts for Nitain Extract.. Good times.

Nah, not really. The alert is by far the most ignorable system in the game at the time. Just an occasional check, and if it has nothing you want at the time (which is around 99% of the time), you just go back to the usual grind. Hard to miss something like that.

I liked them in the sense as i like steelpath alerts, it enabled, even on the most mundane missions, to be played in full squads.

If you plan on doing a normal mission and you pick your random spy mission on venus, you'll hardly find anyone joining, but as an alert, it would get filled.

Steelpath is essentially this, you may go many missions on solo mode, but on the alerts you will be in a full squad many times.

Nightwave however enables DE to make half baked things that players don't really do, then they slap a "do this thing 10 times" and they can now show that players do indeed these things, i hate nightwave due to this.

Having a bunch of daily, 24h active Alerts could be neat I think.

Nightwave is great and I don't want it removed or anything,
instead you could offer Alert rewards that aren't already accessible via Nightwave.

I'd not least like to see Alerts on early planets offering simple resources (to help newbies get, say, Plastids / Neural Sensors without needing a taxi)
as well as certain "basic" Mods, like Base / Elemental Damage ones and whatnot, that are often much easier procured by just asking for freebies :P

"Treasure Ship" style Alerts returning I also wouldn't mind, but with Index etc already covering Credits,
maybe instead (at least for "high tier" Alerts) have it contain a guaranteed Rare Container or other item
you have to comb the map for, possibly with stuff like Golden Instinct deactivated just to keep it a challenge :D
(Lower tier could still be mainly for Credits, I guess.)

Nightwave being the least bad i've seen when it comes to Battle Passes in various games, i still don't like Nightwave and i don't like the Alert system either.

But at least Alerts rarely had something you could never get again after the BP ended, NW does this well as iirc. most things returned in some form-also there are no paid for parts in NW unlike BP-s in a lot of other games.

I just dislike Battle Passes in general, NW is annoying but ok.

If you don't like to do these activities they are a chore and if you're taking a break from the game you're missing out on whatever NW rewards are at the time.

Steel Path Incursions work as they have simple rewards, no nonsense or anything exclusive to the specific alert.

Nightwave could just be reworked in a way you could get the rewards just like Steel Path rewards anytime, not waiting 3+months for a single Umbra Forma or some Arcanes most people don't even need but want to get just because maybe they would sell.

Sorties as well, they are outdated and a token system is just better. (maybe make it in a way so that rivens and cores will still drop with a low chance from the missions themselves but everything else could be bought for tokens, both ayatans, riven slivers and Kuva drops from other types of missions anyway and vets don't even need rivens either as those can just be slowly farmed by turning in slivers now or they can be bought and flipped, massive amounts of Kuva are way more valuable but sorties right now are just low level farm missions so much as serious rewards couldn't be put here)

All in all i would prefer better drop chances and better rewards for regular content, Sorties and Steel Path over these BP-s and normal alerts and similar but Sorties needs to be reworked with a normal Sortie and Archwing Sortie section separately and with both being optional with similar rewards. (or make longer Sortie missions for farmable cores and rivens and better token rewards)

4 hours ago, kgabor said:

Nightwave being the least bad i've seen when it comes to Battle Passes in various games, i still don't like Nightwave and i don't like the Alert system either.

But at least Alerts rarely had something you could never get again after the BP ended, NW does this well as iirc. most things returned in some form-also there are no paid for parts in NW unlike BP-s in a lot of other games.

I just dislike Battle Passes in general, NW is annoying but ok.

If you don't like to do these activities they are a chore and if you're taking a break from the game you're missing out on whatever NW rewards are at the time.

Steel Path Incursions work as they have simple rewards, no nonsense or anything exclusive to the specific alert.

Nightwave could just be reworked in a way you could get the rewards just like Steel Path rewards anytime, not waiting 3+months for a single Umbra Forma or some Arcanes most people don't even need but want to get just because maybe they would sell.

Sorties as well, they are outdated and a token system is just better. (maybe make it in a way so that rivens and cores will still drop with a low chance from the missions themselves but everything else could be bought for tokens, both ayatans, riven slivers and Kuva drops from other types of missions anyway and vets don't even need rivens either as those can just be slowly farmed by turning in slivers now or they can be bought and flipped, massive amounts of Kuva are way more valuable but sorties right now are just low level farm missions so much as serious rewards couldn't be put here)

All in all i would prefer better drop chances and better rewards for regular content, Sorties and Steel Path over these BP-s and normal alerts and similar but Sorties needs to be reworked with a normal Sortie and Archwing Sortie section separately and with both being optional with similar rewards. (or make longer Sortie missions for farmable cores and rivens and better token rewards)

To be honest the nightwave was a good thing. But the main thing about it that I really don't like is in order to rank up in the night wave, you need to complete missions and fulfill certain requirements, and me personally, I do not have like having a switch out my entire build because I need 150 kills with blast damage. Are honestly sometimes I still have a hard time soloing the orb mother..

I would much prefer to digital battle pass where you know it's just like get out there and play the game you level up I don't think I've ever actually completed a nightwave, because I would get bored, and I had better stuff to do.

Hmm, in general, I would say, the new system is better for players, that only have a limited time to play after work. Depending on the time zone you lived in, you NEVER had any Nitain alerts during your available playtime, which was horrible. I miss the occasional Kavat DNA alerts, though, scanning them for no guaranteed drop is just a pain...

Archived