Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Laetum>Phenmor?

(NSW)Unrisen115

Question

So I got my laetum first before phenmor, and Ive invested 5 forma to it and its arguably the best secondary Ive ever used, better than nukor and catchmmon kitguns. I later got the phenmor and Im pretty disappointed. Even with max incarnon upgrades, it takes longer then laetum to fully charge incarnon. There is no AOE and it shreds decently, but I feel like the laetum is just so much better. Ive only put 2-3 forma on the phenmor and Im nowhere near being able to put the mods I want on it. Is it worth the 5-6 forma? Does it get better then the laetum with proper mods? I think ive seen people use gas to give it a little aoe, Im just asking for opinions from anyone, who has maybe invested a lot of forma and can tell me, yeah its worth it, or no dont bother. 

I can just use tenet flux rifle for a similar feel of the incarnon phenmor. But maybe Im wrong and its worth the investment of formas. Let me know what you think. 

5 answers to this question

Laetum is indeed better, but Phenmor competes. It's better than Tenet Flux Rifle IMO. Its ability to shift into Incarnon Form is only longer than Laetum when you're fighting things that it can kill in one hit, otherwise the fire rate increase over Laetum tends to make it charge just as fast, if not faster.

I would not recommend Gas only because... it's Gas. AoE is not a requirement, just a recommendation. Primed Shred alone gives Phenmor all the crowd control it needs to send a group to the grave. It can do your basic Viral Heat shenanigans, it can run pure Corrosive Cold raw damage, or you can have it compete with the Glaive Prime in Slash potential. The Incarnon weapons are yours to play with, and they do their jobs admirably.

Phenmor is the strongest primary, Laetum is the strongest secondary. They're both in classes of their own. I personally enjoy Phenmor just a liiiiittle more because hee hoo machine gun go brr.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Unrisen115 said:

Even with max incarnon upgrades, it takes longer then laetum to fully charge incarnon.

One thing to note is that multishot counts for building incarnon mode. Both require twelve shots, but primaries have less multishot in their standard multishot mods.

As for whether the Phenmor is worth it, I find so. In my standard kit, it serves as a longer-range variant (better projectile speed as an option, plus the fire rate to fill an area with lead despite any inaccuracy), since the projectiles on the Laetum can be on the slow side and have trouble hitting aerial targets - especially at longer ranges. Depending on how you build the Laetum, i.e. if you use overwhelming attrition for a crit build, it can also serve as the "status version" of the two weapons. Possibly good for high armour, doing viral + slash. Really good if you pair it with Xata's Whisper, since the Phenmor can loop punch-through shots in the bullet attractor - which also makes a nifty ricochet when the bubble ends and some shots are still circling. Not that uncommon with what ends up being ~7m punch-through.

Really do encourage Xata's Whisper with it. It can get disgusting. Try that, even without a full build, and see how it goes.

Thanks for the feedback, I put it to more heavy use with Harrow, easy headshots and rewarding gameplay with a focus on headshots, combined with primary deadhead, and I was getting red crits after using Harrows 4th. Ill give Xatas whisper a try next time, I have learned to enjoy this gun a bit more. 

Archived