Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Death Battle series has announced Excalibur vs Raiden (from Metal Gear) (Out now!)

Zahnny

4 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Also, remember the finale of The Second Dream when any Warframe you use will move on its own and break War. If its to protect the Operator or just a reflex to remove it (even if its by not pulling it out but tearing it up its arm and shoulder) its up to debate.

I'd like to point out that the very next quest in the storyline features the Operator learning to control their frame without needing to be in a transference chair, so that moment could just as easily have been foreshadowing that.

And the next quest after that has Ordis say in no uncertain terms that mass-produced warframes lack memories.

My money is on Raiden walking away with another W. I just don't see Excal keeping up with someone as skilled as Raiden, unless the operator is involved. That little bit confuses me and  makes me wonder if they're gonna use Umbra, or normal excal. Umbra is the only one capable of moving on it's own, so I imagine they might use him. Normal frames just dont move without an operator afaik.

2 hours ago, Corvid said:

I'd like to point out that the very next quest in the storyline features the Operator learning to control their frame without needing to be in a transference chair, so that moment could just as easily have been foreshadowing that.

I disagree if we are to take DE's word that Second Dream, War Within, and Sacrifice are a trilogy

Second Dream introduces the Zariman Children -- and in effect, the partnership between Child and Frame. War Within explores the Child, while Sacrifice explores the Frame. To this effect, the Frame killing Hunhow without the Child's power is pretty important, as it would reinforce the partnership. Child could not defeat Hunhow on their own, but leaves an opening for Frame to finish the job. (The reverse of this happens in Sacrifice, furthering the connection)

2 hours ago, Corvid said:

And the next quest after that has Ordis say in no uncertain terms that mass-produced warframes lack memories.

Going to need a source on this because it contradicts a lot of other stuff

The Mirage and Limbo quests are all about Mirage and Limbo having memories -- enough memories to write memoirs. And let's not forget that the Excalibur Umbra that we end up adding to our inventories is not the original, but came out of a mass production machine, yet he still has his memories. I would also bet money on Gara having her memories, because Ballas personally created her out of pure sadistic spite -- the same reason he created Excal Umbra 

2 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Going to need a source on this because it contradicts a lot of other stuff

Happens right after the first of Umbra's memories, when Ordis is "fixed" by the Vitruvian.

And Ordis is likely right in this case, the Warframes we build do not have memories. From what we can tell from even the Prime Trailers, they have likely imprints and echos of who each person was, but not memories.

Let me put it like this, if you were a human with no memories, you were completely lobotomized, you would have to learn all from the begining, but instead of learning, you are suffering constant agony, you dont know why, you hate it, you lash out at everything, then this other child comes and takes it away, you are left empty, but still lobotomized, a flesh puppet of sensations and vague emotions. Human, but not having a mind of your own.

Umbra on the other hand, is as if someone took all memories from you, except one. It was not a lobotomy, you know what they are saying: language. You know what each words mean: understanding. You know exactly what you are feeling: context. Umbra's situation is similar, but fundamentaly different from the rest of the Warframes. Umbra suffers like all other Warframes under the Helminth strain, but he has what other Warframes dont have: context and enough mental maturity to understand his situation.

In the case of Mirage and Limbo? I'm uncertain, there are some theories on those Warframes, could be a case of unreliable Narrator, like Ordis not knowing why the Moon was important because his memory of the Operator was blocked, which made him think Limbo was another Operator. Or in Mirage's case: the shock of Transference would kill the Operator when Mirage died, because remember one of the quotes of the Operator: "Transference makes this hurt!" or "This hurts!" when you are revived.

But those dont directly contradict each other, they are just not expanded on.

But hey, thats just a theory, a GAME THEORY! Thanks for reading.

24 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

Funny since DE sponsored a Game Theory a little while ago on Warframe.

And it made me think they went "Okay, lets not do that again." because that was an Umbral Reach that happened.

4 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

To this effect, the Frame killing Hunhow

The fact that you still maintain that this is what happened even after The New War makes me remember why I found discussing lore with you so infuriating.

1 hour ago, Corvid said:

The fact that you still maintain that this is what happened even after The New War makes me remember why I found discussing lore with you so infuriating.

Yes, I completely and utterly reject the theory the Child was at all responsible for the Frame moving in that scene. Sorry to say, but I do NOT think that was foreshadowing War Within. "Chair-less Transference" doesn't work like that

2 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Let me put it like this, if you were a human with no memories, you were completely lobotomized, you would have to learn all from the begining, but instead of learning, you are suffering constant agony, you dont know why, you hate it, you lash out at everything, 

What you're describing happens in real life. It's possible for memories to fade partially such that we can't recall them consciously, but react to them subconsciously

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

Yes, I completely and utterly reject the theory the Child was at all responsible for the Frame moving in that scene. Sorry to say, but I do NOT think that was foreshadowing War Within. "Chair-less Transference" doesn't work like that

I have my own personal theory that The Lotus controlled the Warframe.

Up until The Second Dream, she was trapped in her special pod, on Lua, that was in the void. Even if she wanted to escape, she couldn't.

It's awfully convenient how the first time we ever see the Lotus in the flesh is right after Lua is freed, and Stalker is out of the picture.

Do note; These preview episodes just tell you a bit about the characters backstory. It's not until the full episode that they properly delve into the characters strengths, weaknesses, feats, etc.

Raiden again? Didn't he already get a Death Battle against Wolverine that he won? (Which I'm calling complete BS on).

Either way, no doubt they'll take the perspective of a noob player that hasn't unlocked spoiler mode yet, so this will be a no contest in their biased poorly educated minds. 

5 hours ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Raiden again? Didn't he already get a Death Battle against Wolverine that he won? (Which I'm calling complete BS on).

I agree, that one was just poorly thought out from the start. It was basically a lore coin flip, and whoever won the toss would have an insurmountable advantage that makes the whole fight boring (either Wolverine was unkillable, or Raiden was faster and stronger in every way). At least in Bowser vs Ganondorf, there were enough magic items in the Mushroom Kingdom that Bowser had a theoretical chance. Wolverine was doomed from the word go

Before the episode releases, here's a fun fact. Excalibur has been featured on the Death Battle channel before, but it was on a seperate series hosted on the channel back when the channel was called Screwattack.

sgA7gOI.png

Archived