Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Crew Mistargets Exposed Radiators Post-Hotfix 31.6.4

powerful.brain.guy

Bug Type: Crew AI failure in Railjack Skirmish Missions

Bug Description: Assigning a Railjack crew member to the pilot role is supposed to enable the pilot crew member to shoot at exposed radiators on Grineer points of interest in Skirmish missions. Approximately 25% of the time the pilot fails to properly target one of the exposed radiators and fires at another fixed point on the point of interest instead, accomplishing nothing. If the player returns to the Railjack interior the AI seems to update and gains the ability to target the exposed radiator correctly. 

Video: Each video starts at the beginning of a Railjack mission and continues until the bug occurs. I use different turrets in each video to show that the bug is persistent across different setups.

Video 1 - H2 Cloud - Zetki Photor Mk III (60% fire rate bonus)

I play the mission until I notice that the second exposed radiator on the Pulse Turbine PoI is not getting destroyed by the crew pilot. Upon exiting (@3:07 in the video) I observe the pilot seat weapon (Photor) being fired towards a non-descript point on the Pulse Turbine exterior and not at the nearby exposed radiator. The crew continues to fire at the same nondescript spot repeatedly while I attempt to micro manage repairs using the tactical menu. Over the course of 3 minutes the crew pilot is unable to fix its aim and properly target the radiator.

Video 2 - H2 Cloud - Apoc 

I first clear out the enemy fighter objective in order to create less distractions for the pilot and to reduce incoming damage to the Railjack. I continue to the Asteroid Hangar PoI and expose the first radiator and notice that it is not being destroyed by the crew pilot. I exit the PoI (@3:40 in the video) and observe that the crew pilot appears to be unable to target the exposed radiator and does not appear to be attempting to fire the turrets at all. I shoot the exposed radiator (@4:14) and return to the PoI to expose the second radiator. I exit the PoI (@4:40) and notice the crew pilot is not firing on the second exposed radiator. I enter the Railjack (@4:59) and witness the crew pilot correctly firing at and destroying the exposed radiator once I am onboard.

Video 3 - Nsu Grid - Lavan Pulsar Mk III (60% fire rate bonus)

I first clear out the enemy fighter objective in order to create less distractions for the pilot and to reduce incoming damage to the Railjack. I continue the mission by entering the Pulse Turbine PoI and notice that the crew pilot is unable to destroy the second exposed radiator. I exit the PoI (@3:03) and observe the crew pilot firing at a nondescript point on the exterior of the PoI away from the exposed radiator. The pilot continues to fly the Railjack around the PoI while firing at the same nondescript point over the course of the next 50 seconds without ever successfully targeting the exposed radiator.

Reproduction: In my experience this bug occurs in approximately 80% of Railjack skirmish missions that contain two points of interest, which is mainly the Veil Proxima nodes. It usually only effects 1 or 2 out of the 4 exposed radiators that the player encounters.

Steps to Reproduce: Enter a Veil Proxima skirmish mission while solo with an AI crew member present. Assign the AI crew member to the Pilot role and enter one of the points of interest. Hack a console to expose one of the radiators on the exterior of the PoI. Wait to see if the exposed radiator is destroyed within 30 seconds by the crew pilot. If the radiator is destroyed, continue to expose the other radiators on both points of interest in the mission. If an exposed radiator is not destroyed in a timely fashion, exit the PoI into space and observe where the crew pilot is firing. It will most likely be firing at a fixed, nondescript point on the exterior of the PoI instead of correctly targeting the exposed radiator.

Loadout: I have experienced this bug using many different, distinct loadouts including separate loadouts with no items in common. In all 3 videos I posted I used the following setup, which is the most barebones loadout I could come up with. All items are at max level and all mods are at max rank unless otherwise noted.

Railjack Components: Sigma Shield Array / Sigma Engines / Sigma Plating / Sigma Reactor

Railjack Armaments: Turret Indicated in Video Title / Pulsar / Tycho Seeker

Railjack Integrated Avionics: Ironclad Matrix 

Railjack Battle Avionics: Blackout Pulse / Tether / Seeker Volley 

Railjack Tactical Avionics: Form Up / Death Blossom/ Battle Forge

Railjack Crew: New Loka Elite Crew / 5 Repair 5 Comabt 5 Endurance / +150% Critical Chance for Rifles

Railjack Crew Weapon: Acceltra (Serration / Point Strike / Infected Clip / Primed Cryo Rounds / Split Chamber / Hunter Munitions / Heavy Caliber / Vital Sense / Primed Rifle Ammo Mutation Rank 6 / Primary Merciless)

Intrinsics: All at Rank 10

Waframe: Lavos

Waframe Mods: Enemy Radar / Vitality / Steel Fiber

Warframe Helminth Infusion: Rest & Rage in Slot 1

Primary: None Equipped

Secondary: Laetum (Primed Fulmination / Galvanized Diffision / Primed Pistol Gambit / Primed Target Cracker / Lethal Torrent / Frostbite / Pathogen Rounds / Primed Heated Charge / Steady Hands / Secondary Deadhead) [Evolutions: Rapid Wrath / Feather of Justice / Caput Mortum / Overwhelming Attrition]

Melee: None Equipped

Companion: None Equipped

Focus School : Vazarin 

Parazon: Vome / Lohk / Oull / Auto Breach / Runtime / Untraceable

Archwing: Amesha

Archwing Mods: Argon Plating / Hyperion Thrusters / Superior Defenses / System Reroute / Enhanced Durability / Energy Amplifier / Efficient Transferral / Primed Morphic Transformer

Archgun: Phaedra

Archgun Mods: Charged Bullets / Automatic Trigger / Magma Chamber / Magazine Extension / Quasar Drill / Primed Rubedo-Lined Barrel / Dual Rounds

Archmelee: Centaur

Archmelee Mods: Conductive Blade / Blazing Steel / Glacial / Extend / Tempered Blade / Bleeding Edge/ Cutting Edge

I believe there is very little more that players can offer for pinning down this bug. It's an easy to observe bug that players first reported over a year ago. It has a very high reproduction rate. I experience it in the majority of two PoI skirmish missions. There appear to be no variables that players have access to that effect its occurrence. Testing as a player is a huge chore as the the player can not be present on the Railjack during the process which makes it difficult to prevent the Railjack from blowing up, especially when running a reduced set of mods.

I've personally submitted videos of the bug multiple times and it's unclear what further information needs to be provided to facilitate progress on a fix.

Sadly I still (or again) have the original (from before TNW or Zariman's patches) pilot AI issues as well, can't report this orderly or add a video, just saying here me too is having the issue after 31.6.4. I don't think it's any rare, I personally and subjectively think it always exists in a way, intermitently, surfaces like some type of intability - especially noted a worsening after some changes are made to the railjack setting screen and I think also frequently after patches. I speculatively think it may be related to some other subtle bugs. such as fusion and crew bugs.

Noting the isue of crew not targeting at all was solved for me (as noted in patch notes too)

A productive note about this targetting issue: using omni to recall (at least in solo), can symptomatically "fix" the pilot targeting behavior - until next time it messes up. This unlike how it was after the zariman patches (and indeed the crew do try to target now,) so the specific zariman issue is allegedly fixed, unlike this pilot targeting/AI bug.

Update: Since I saw this recall behavior was mentioned too, and since I added a post bellow after thinking on something, maybe the next post will be more productive even if peculative.

Just a strange, wild speculation to check: You said 25% of the time. Did you check if it differs when you are the host?

Noting I have the issue as solo player a lot in one of the radiator. Recently 100% of the time, I think, though hadn't played railjack a lot recently.

Edit: Tried to redirect here from some other, mostly (but not only) new topics, to this old yet existing/resurfacing bug after 31.6.4 hotfix

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-07-15 at 12:11 AM, powerful.brain.guy said:

Enter a Veil Proxima skirmish mission while solo with an AI crew member present. Assign the AI crew member to the Pilot role and enter one of the points of interest. Hack a console to expose one of the radiators on the exterior of the PoI. Wait to see if the exposed radiator is destroyed within 30 seconds by the crew pilot. If the radiator is destroyed, continue to expose the other radiators on both points of interest in the mission. If an exposed radiator is not destroyed in a timely fashion, exit the PoI into space and observe where the crew pilot is firing. It will most likely be firing at a fixed, nondescript point on the exterior of the PoI instead of correctly targeting the exposed radiator.

Check if your ship is boarded.    My Pilot bugs like this only when there is a boarding party it seems

I am not entirely sure....coz i encountered this only twice, and both times my ship were boarded.    After killing intruders i exposed another radiator and Crew killed it instantly.

Archived