Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Switch] Paris arrows and "pinning enemies"

I don't think anyone had (recently) posted about this for Warframe on Switch, but it's probably present across all systems... I might as well be the one to do so.

I don't recall this happening when I had the starting MK1-Paris, so I was excited to get the stronger version that is the real Paris. However, Paris is bugged hard; killing an enemy with Paris will cause your next shot to just curve straight down and land like 20 feet when it would otherwise be travelling hundreds of feet straight ahead. Specifically, only the charged arrow will have this curve and uncharged arrows fire just fine. Since I'm still at rookie level and not actively doing relics, I don't have Paris Prime so I can't confirm if that has the same issue.

Potentially tied to Paris's curving, I'm convinced all 'pinning' weapons (including bows, kunai, and most notably Boltor) are buggy in general. When most enemies die (assuming they don't explode such as drones or vaporize first), their ragdoll corpses will fling themselves to your next shots. I swear I've sometimes seen their limbs stretch too, as if stuck to a surface (where I assume the corpse was pinned as intended) but swiftly unpin so it can follow the rest of the body on whatever journey it's having. With this, you can either kunai a dude and then aim far away to send him to the next country for laughs, or struggle killing a group because either the corpse chases your shots to block you, or sometimes (especially with the rapid fire of Boltor) you've somehow pinned two corpses into each other to become a midair barrier. Please, someone tell me how much this is intended (and how the apparent corpse damage works while we're at it).

Noticed the same issue and tested with both MK1-Paris and Paris just now, on PC. Can confirm the bug exists on PC. Only the fully charged shots from the Paris appear to have this effect, uncharged shots are unaffected. It seems to disappear once any bodies with arrows in them despawn or you get far enough away from them. It definitely makes the Paris super difficult to use, as the dropoff is both ridiculously severe and inconsistent.

I've seen the other pin bug with Kunai and Boltor but this one is different; 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-07-15 at 12:25 PM, (NSW)MasterMewtwoIwantNeeko said:

I'm convinced all 'pinning' weapons (including bows, kunai, and most notably Boltor) are buggy in general. When most enemies die (assuming they don't explode such as drones or vaporize first), their ragdoll corpses will fling themselves to your next shots.

... This happens with any projectile weapon, I'm afraid... Its stupidly annoying since bodies retain their collision boxes until they disappear...

Now, this...

On 2022-07-15 at 12:25 PM, (NSW)MasterMewtwoIwantNeeko said:

killing an enemy with Paris will cause your next shot to just curve straight down and land like 20 feet when it would otherwise be travelling hundreds of feet straight ahead. Specifically, only the charged arrow will have this curve and uncharged arrows fire just fine.

I'm going to have to try and replicate it tomorrow, as I believe I still have a Paris (just in case a new player & fresh recruit asks for help or asks for tips through streaming)... But I am unable to replicate this behavior with my usual bow.

However, arrows naturally do curve down in-flight. The fact that they don't with Mk1-Paris is to facilitate its use in the hands of a new player.

I'll let you guys know what I find tomorrow.

Edit:

Paris Prime has no anomalies with its arrow behavior, charged or uncharged.

• 3 weeks later...

Been a while since I've looked at this, sorry.

On 2022-08-06 at 9:10 PM, Uhkretor said:
On 2022-07-15 at 6:25 AM, (NSW)MasterMewtwoIwantNeeko said:

I'm convinced all 'pinning' weapons (including bows, kunai, and most notably Boltor) are buggy in general. When most enemies die (assuming they don't explode such as drones or vaporize first), their ragdoll corpses will fling themselves to your next shots.

... This happens with any projectile weapon, I'm afraid..

That I remember, only these weapons with the pinning property had these issues (then again, my selection was never very big). I'm not talking about just knocking enemies away, they actually will follow several shots you make after they've died. So, kill with one kunai, then face the side of a cliff and watch the guy just start flying after another kunai.

27 minutes ago, (NSW)MasterMewtwoIwantNeeko said:

Been a while since I've looked at this, sorry.

That I remember, only these weapons with the pinning property had these issues (then again, my selection was never very big). I'm not talking about just knocking enemies away, they actually will follow several shots you make after they've died. So, kill with one kunai, then face the side of a cliff and watch the guy just start flying after another kunai.

Yep, that's the behavior I'm referring to.

Archived