Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WISP: STEAMPUNK

As much as I can admire the creativity, this sadly wouldn't be accepted due to the body model modifications that you chosen to do. Helmet is fine, but as some basic critique, the helmet and texture style doesn't really fit Warframe's aesthetics. 

Dear Scruffel, thank you for your criticism and for the feedback, for being a skin disconnected from the game as well as the deluxes like frost and vauban for ex (which are basically of the medieval theme) would not affect the aesthetics of the game, regarding the model I used the base model of the wisp and preserving the measurements of the body and skeleton.

On the other hand, this was an idea that I had a while ago and that I wanted to get out lol

A big hug man ✌🏻😎👉🏻👌🏻

9 hours ago, Zaggerbell said:

Dear Scruffel, thank you for your criticism and for the feedback, for being a skin disconnected from the game as well as the deluxes like frost and vauban for ex (which are basically of the medieval theme) would not affect the aesthetics of the game, regarding the model I used the base model of the wisp and preserving the measurements of the body and skeleton.

On the other hand, this was an idea that I had a while ago and that I wanted to get out lol

A big hug man ✌🏻😎👉🏻👌🏻

afaik the only you can do to a frame is baked in textures, and otherwise can't alter the base frame other than the helmet, it doesn't matter whether you think the aesthetics fit or not, that rule is just a legit rule they have.

9 hours ago, Zaggerbell said:

A big hug man ✌🏻😎👉🏻👌🏻

Yeah you can't make changes to the model even if they match the measurements.

Tennogen is for skins not models.

If you have an idea for a deluxe skin that's another subject but deluxe skins are not tennogen.

That being said you could try and submit the helmet if it fits the model and theme of warframe.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2022-07-16 at 3:19 PM, Zaggerbell said:

tennogen_by_zaggerbell_df9d4fi-fullview.

#TENNOCON2022
#TENNOGEN

#WISP

#WARFRAME 

To preface this, I am a Wisp main, and a Tennogen enjoyer.

I really really like what you did with the arms, I think that doing something similar with the legs and in more places across the body would bring the art piece together.

Helmet Design

The helmet is cool, but it feels that it is lacking some structure. Maybe adding some more detail to the helmet such as piping in place of the neck muscles would help.

I'm not a huge fan of the random pipe/cable bits coming out of the back of the helmet, and I think it would benefit more having one braided bit going from the top of the head, down into a "ponytail" would be much better. Think this but with piping or cables instead of hair.

Eyes? DE may not like eyes. So perhaps add more of the "goggles" so that they look like sockets for additional piping or as exhaust ports instead of having glowing eyes. Alternatively you could go with a single glowing eye in the center like this or like the Deadsuit from Ghost Song.

Regardless of the direction you go here, I am happy to see a departure from cloth-like elements for Wisp's helmet.

Torso Design

If you're going to have a ceramic automaton-like corset on the torso, other ceramic elements should be preset throughout the rest of the body and helmet. I like the idea of ceramic-like paneling, but I think that the current design for this "corset" breaks the flow of the piece too much. Maybe adding some piping lines thought the ceramic to form more of Wisp's "ribcage" could be interesting.

I really like the green glowy bits of piping on the back and going from the torso to the arms where the clavicle would be; consider working that into the legs, arms, and "corset" of the torso.

Arms and Legs

Comparing the arms to the legs and vice versa, the arms are wiry and full of mechanical piping, where the legs are smooth and the "feet" are rounded. These fit totally different themes. The "feet" feel far too clinical compared to the mechanical implications of the arms and hands.

The ball-socket joint used to connect the shoulder and arms could be repeated at the hips and knees. My suggestion is to make Wisp's thighs mechanical like the arms and make her calves and "feet" uniform with the ceramic texture.

For the arms, repeat the ceramic texture to give the skin her signature upper-arm bangles, and maybe to imply a armor brace on her forearms.

Alternatively, you could make the ceramic bits the thighs, and the calves much thinner like cobaltplasma does in this piece.

Regardless, this is a cool concept, but needs a bit of elbow-grease to make it feel more cohesive as a 3D art piece.

Archived