Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So...what exactly is Soulframe about?

-Moctezuma-

Seems like it's not related to warframe at all :/

don't wanna sound like a child  but if the game is not related to warframe in any way shape of form, why put it on TENNOcon.

Also is Steve the only one leaving warframe for soulframe? or are many other devs leaving too? (if so, that doesn't sound good)

The Stream was essentially over by the time it was mentioned. Complaining about that doesn't make sense, especially given there was another game mentioned before that... and at least Soulframe is developed by DE unlike the other one where they're just helping.

Tennocon also doesn't mean it has to be Warframe specific, just anything that may be of interest to the community as a whole, which doesn't center around you personally.

Most game devs get to move onto a new project every few/several years. Trying out new ideas without the baggage (player expectations, legacy systems, etc) of the old one. You can see just how much friction that comes with Warframe's age every time DE try to introduce something different. They have to spend a lot of time working around old systems, and they cop a lot of flak from players saying "it has to be X or it isn't Warframe".

16 minutes ago, -Moctezuma- said:

Seems like it's not related to warframe at all :/

don't wanna sound like a child  but if the game is not related to warframe in any way shape of form, why put it on TENNOcon.

Also is Steve the only one leaving warframe for soulframe? or are many other devs leaving too? (if so, that doesn't sound good)

That is just how it works. Likely older blood from DE move over to start up Soulframe, while newer blood moves in to continue on the already stable and established Warframe.

Just now, 0_The_F00l said:

Its clearly a new IP , fantasy based in partnership with Airship syndicate.

Has a ... feel similar to dauntless/darksider/reverse monster hunter though,

I dont think Soulframe is the Airship Syndicate game, since that wont be revealed until the Game Awards later this year as they said in the video about it.

I know it'll be good. and I'm excited to play it when it comes out and support it from the very beginning just like warframe. though hopefully i wont be losing my progress switching from console to pc lol

8 minutes ago, schilds said:

So basically some of the old team are moving to the new game. Reb is taking over as creative director for Warframe.

I'm pretty on board for this. This sounds like a healthy change, both for Warframe under Reb's direction and for Steve and the rest for having something new to work on. And then there's the game with Airship Syndicate that doesn't sound like Soulframe.

3 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I dont think Soulframe is the Airship Syndicate game, since that wont be revealed until the Game Awards later this year as they said in the video about it.

Hmm , possible , i may be seeing patterns where none exist,

It could be completely independent.

Just now, 0_The_F00l said:

The little short cuts of the game they were working on didn't look like what we saw of Soulframe.

This new project is an online, character based, third-person action game set in a brand new, original world where adventure with friends is the name of the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCc4G8DX85w

Soulframe didn't look to be character-based (I'm assuming they mean like League or Apex), and the background shots were more colorful-MMO-y. I'd be surprised and rather confused if that was really Soulframe.

2 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

They are completely independent. DE is growing, part of the team is going to help with AS, a few of them are going to Soulframe and the rest satys on DE.

DE is likelly employing new folks for the new game, since it's easier to create and manage a consistent team since the beggining rather than made them joing along the project. This is really exciting honestly, I'm genuinelly happy on the success of DE, this is all well deserved.

1 minute ago, vanaukas said:

I'm genuinelly happy on the success of DE, this is all well deserved.

No, you can't be happy. Change is happening and we all know change is never good. 

But in all seriousness. This was a wild Tennocon with some crazy reveals. I got a little choked up seeing Reb react to the passing of the "torch".

4 minutes ago, TomCruisesSon said:

No, you can't be happy. Change is happening and we all know change is never good. 

But in all seriousness. This was a wild Tennocon with some crazy reveals. I got a little choked up seeing Reb react to the passing of the "torch".

Yeah It was so unreal, I didn't understood at first, I thought it was another joke from Steve, then I thought he was retiring and then bam, soulframe. I'm honestly impressed and I really want to be there as an Envoy.

7 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Yeah It was so unreal, I didn't understood at first, I thought it was another joke from Steve, then I thought he was retiring and then bam, soulframe. I'm honestly impressed and I really want to be there as an Envoy.

Same here, it was so low key, that the actual message kinda went over my head at first. Man how am I supposed to go to bed now, with all that thoughts and questions in my head... ? xD

And the soulframe site is still not working properly. >.<

Btw. that soulframe teaser gave me mononoke wibes. :o

38 minutes ago, Rasdan said:

I kinda wish Soulframe is what PSO2NGS to PSO2.

ooooo, no you don't, PSO2NGS absolutely missed all the beats that made PSO2 a successful game, and they tried to trend chase without knowing what made those trends successful in the first place, so you got a game that was an inch wide and an inch deep, and consistently gets like 50%+ less players than PSO2 ever did. I played that game since the 2012 release, and cannot get into their "sequel" at all. Too bad they butchered the original version too!

That being said, I don't expect Soulframe to be bad at all, I trust DE a lot more than I trust SEGA, but only time will tell.

Archived