Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So...what exactly is Soulframe about?

-Moctezuma-

Made a new email too and still says it's already registered and when I finally got the email no matter what I do the link will say that the confirmation wasn't successful. Even in the inspect element or opening it in a text file wouldn't work so I hope this gets fixed quickly so I can register my name and not have to put 20 "_" after it.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb irwinz:

Towards the end of the poem you really start reading symbols as text.

So true! the last 2 or 3 paragraphs have almost been easy to read xD

vor 4 Stunden schrieb ant99999:

So basically as I understand it, there was this down to earth primitive society living hand to hand with the animal spirit-like creatures (but occasionaly hunting tgem). And then these suspiciously Orokin-like female knights arrived on spaceship-castles from the sky, cast some kind of enslaving spell on them and started to take their children to their ships to make them into their spies. All this supposedly to strip the world from its resources and keep its people and Spirit creatures protecting it at bay. And the premise of the game I assume is that some of the old spirits arise in a distant land and form a bond with you (the player character) so you together can take on the knights and drive them away.

I swear whatever DE are having out there, I want some of it too.

Thank You for this interpretation - im not a native english speaker - but with your interpretation in mind it made more sense to read.

Tactical Potato made a Video describing what he knows about Soulframe - tbh Ive got no idea where exactly he got is information from, but as he said Soulframe will be about an everchanging World wich is fighting back Technology.

With the Poems interpretation in mind it would totally make sense that whatever entity "corrupted" the civilisation and such its world is what We are going to fight against.

I really love Orengal at that huge Deer/Elk and hope that Steve and his Team take with them the experiences they made with Warframe to deliver us another beautiful peace of art^^

11 minutes ago, Chanvil said:

I really love Orengal at that huge Deer/Elk and hope that Steve and his Team take with them the experiences they made with Warframe to deliver us another beautiful peace of art^^

Ikr, it's got some "any sophisticated enough technology is indistinguishable from magic" vibes to it, it has some lovely celtic style of the spirit animals. Some much needed moose recognition in video games is also there (and I just love so much how imposing they look), and the main character has a very distinct look to him as well.

It's going to be great at least story wise and visually, I am sure.

Anyone who saw the Soulframe trailer noticed the resemblance to warframe, a warrior forged of superpowers after a sacrifice, a sword warrior with abilities similar to warframe excalibur.

Steve said he had no plans for Warframe 2 but from my point of view Soulframe made me feel like a warframe-like story, flesh and blood warriors originated in ancient times. This mystical/medieval/ancestral progression line makes the story much bigger than warframe because the same theme can involve travel and timeless mechanics merging the mystical past with the technological future as updates happen, similar to many games of the present day where they show mechanical elements and totally timeless themes.

Current Warframe tries to put the game in a theme of the past with its ornate Vrituvian deluxe skins and weapons referring to a distant origin but the technological presence in the warframe history is the biggest and highlights, so the solution would be to abort the story in a more delicate and extended way since the origins of the beginning as Soulframe.

just a few thoughts

Not sure it will be Warframe Origins, but it does show massive nods to WF.

Not only the "excalibur" thing, but the 3 armored warriors turned to stone thing, which only lead me to think about Mag, Excal and Volt in their meditative stone poses. But at the same time we dont know at all what the Orokin society looked like long before the old war, we have no idea how much time has passed between our earth now and the dawn of the Orokin space age. So it could potentially be in the same universe.

We can just see how much our own world has changed in the last 1000 years. Maybe there was a massive technological degradation somewhere between our current time and the age of warframe.

Steve has said in an interview that's not a prequel or origin or linked to WF. Think of Soulframe as being titled Soulflare or something else with no connection to WF other than the word "frame" being in the title.

There may be conceptual/thematic overlaps, but no chronological or story-based link.

21 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Steve has said in an interview that's not a prequel or origin or linked to WF. Think of Soulframe as being titled Soulflare or something else with no connection to WF other than the word "frame" being in the title.

There may be conceptual/thematic overlaps, but no chronological or story-based link.

This. Same with Dark Sector, only assets and some ideas are borrowed from it, Dark Sector lore doesn't have any relation to Warframe, only a few easter eggs (like hayden tenno written on excalibur).

But we will face the same threads forever, just like people still insist on Dark Sector linked to Warframe in a lore-wise way.

It's like capcom fighters crossover with each other means they all share the same universe. It's the same exact people making soulframe. Won't be surprise if there isn't any similarities. Warframe has a fast pace combat. I wonder if soulframe is taking it very slowly. I'm more worry about how far reaching their parent company is to this new game.

1 hour ago, BatVenomPL said:

Soulframe is going to be like an alternate Universe to Warframe, more focused around fantasy without much sci-fi

And without guns and just melee. If I wanted that, I’d play the other fantasy games are out there already. Going really slow on a horse doesn’t excite me, so make it a flying motorcycle, but that would make it awesome sci-fi instead. I don’t think I’m alone in this. 

32 minutes ago, m_a_r_c_h_ said:

And without guns and just melee. If I wanted that, I’d play the other fantasy games are out there already. Going really slow on a horse doesn’t excite me, so make it a flying motorcycle, but that would make it awesome sci-fi instead. I don’t think I’m alone in this. 

I'm confused about this statement. Are you implying people can't just play/enjoy both games for what they are focused on? That's like saying Need For Speed fans can't enjoy Devil May Cry or Monster Hunter. Or are you implying DE devs should be pigeonholed into only making games that are similar to WF in combat/gameplay pacing?

18 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

I'm confused about this statement. Are you implying people can't just play/enjoy both games for what they are focused on? That's like saying Need For Speed fans can't enjoy Devil May Cry or Monster Hunter. Or are you implying DE devs should be pigeonholed into only making games that are similar to WF in combat/gameplay pacing?

Not saying that at all. People should def play what they enjoy. Just speaking for myself and sure some others are also like me who like sci-fi and guns. I like to shoot things, using swords and bows, not so much. Warframe is awesome in that it allows for different play styles. I also need my sci-fi fix in games, so I do me. I also can't see a lot of players who like to speed run missions going for the slow approach which will be SF. I hope DE continues with WF content and not give all their energy to a new game I won't play. That's all I'm saying.

5 minutes ago, m_a_r_c_h_ said:

I hope DE continues with WF content and not give all their energy to a new game I won't play. That's all I'm saying.

It will be two different teams (maybe sharing one or two people), so they won't be "giving all their energy to a new game"

Archived