Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Open Letter from [DE]Steve

[DE]Steve

Thanks for everything, Steve! It really is the end of an era (though I must say that goodbye speech about getting old was a tad too depressing, dude). I hope the new game reignites your passion and lets you explore all your wacky ideas in a flexible environment. Exciting times!

Thank you Steve. Thank you so much for the incredible gift that Warframe was, and all the love and effort you put into it.
I wish you the best of luck with Soulframe, and I promise I'll be there on day one. Mark my words, I won't miss any founders packs this time :P

Thank you so much for all you've done Steve. I very much look forward to what Soulframe has to offer!

Warframe has changed my life in ways I couldn't even begin to describe. Without it, I would be in a completely different place in life. The butterfly effect is a crazy thing like that. I've met my closest friends at the time, some of whom are still with me and are people I will never let go. One of them introduced me to Madoka Magica, which has become my favorite piece of televised media ever, really, and through it I've met a lot of people, for better and for worse. One of them would end up being my roommate, and after I moved in with them I gained independence that I wasn't otherwise going to get. After that came a lot of hardship with relationships both platonic and romantic, but through them, I was able to reconnect with my family and rebuild my relationship with them after a difficult childhood. They gave me the opportunity to find myself. And I did. Now, I'm with the love of my life, trying to pursue a career in 3D.

One of my best friends, since 2013 or 2014, cowrote a story with me over many years taking place in the Warframe universe. I hate to call it a "fanfiction" since it's a project that's quality and lore-friendly implementation into the game and its own story we take very seriously, but I digress; It wasn't just something fun to do, it was a coping mechanism that helped get us both through our most difficult times. Now, I'm trying to use the 3D skills I've been teaching myself since 2019 to turn said story of my friend and I's into a free webseries a la RWBY. Yes: A love letter to you, your game, and the members of the community that help make this game and everything about it so great. So, once again, thank you for bringing the world of Warframe to ours, Steve, and I hope you'll one day see what I have to give back.

- Valkyrie, Tenno since mid-Update 7.

Im not crying, im not crying...

Okay im definitly am! that's so beautiful to read! 

We are going to misses you Steve! you were a huge part of the community for warframe and working onto another project makes me believe what else you got in stock! 

I'll follow you onto your next adventure! 

See ya in the cold!

This feels like Warframe dying, Steve and some of the most important faces of the game are going to leave. The game already had a hard time surviving between updates. I don't want to be that guy but I'm not going to follow onto another game, I've spent so much money, time and dedication on this and I'm not going to do that twice especially since so much was left to die or unfixed in this game... and if that's going to be the same with soulframe... I'm out.

This game was a struggle to enjoy, so many horrible mechanics, so much grind, so many bugs. To this day when people asked me why I like this game I didn't know what to say. Because one thing is for sure. The fact that I stayed and continued to play this game despite all the issues is a #*!%ing miracle. 

And that miracle is not going to come twice. 

I still want to thank you for this game that I enjoy and love. For this beautiful community and for all the hard work. 

But I think you just signed the end of this game. 

Again I hate being so negative but watching this trailer felt like I was stabbed in the back. It felt like you just left us to die here. Maybe I'm wrong...

But no matter what I think, I wish you the best of luck, I will always love and appreciate what you've done. Warframe is one of those rare game I still come back to... It has to mean something right?

Edited by FLacon_BIonique
  • Like 2

Steve,

The day I started playing Warframe was a couple after the Steam access went live. I didn't know what I was doing but the first mission I had issues with I played publicly and had a pair of higher level folks run me through it, then give me build advice and a couple mods. I stuck by it and watched you prototype piloting that eventually became Railjack on Twitch. Since, the gameplay has grown so far it's incredible. The community and you all as developers are like nothing else.

All the best for the future! Whilst I'm sad to hear you're leaving the Warframe team I'm excited to see what you do next!

This is one of those bittersweet things, having worked on Warframe for so long, it's like a child of yours. Likewise, there comes a point where parents have to let their child grow without them (usually that's college!).

Warframe is in great hands, and you should be proud of what you created.

I'm looking forward to Soulframe, and excited to see what stories you want to tell next. I only regret that TennoCon wasn't an in person event where we could all celebrate the success and toast to the future of not just Warframe, but its new (baby) sister game, Soulframe.

Here's to 10 years of Warframe, here's to the next 10 years of Soulframe! Cheers!

• Like 5

Enjoy your retirement.

I have many complaints on how you and others, including your replacement, have handled things. I am not allowedto voice those complaints. 

I do not feel like we really ever mattered once you reached a certain size.

Still.

you've put in a long day's work. Stay safe out there. Enjoy the next project.

• Like 1

It has been an honor and a blessing having you in the position(s) you took within the development of Warframe.

I have literally grown up playing this game and have spent many great hours in it. It's story and the story of you and your team has been sth very close to my heart.

I hope I still get the chance to meet y'all on the floor once we have physical Tennocons again and thank you in person.

Best of luck for what is yet to come. Looking forward to check out Soulframe once it's ready.

You will be Missed Steve, along with Space mom.  I cant believe its been almost 10 years since I myself as well began on my Warframe Journey. I have enjoyed seeing warframe change from the basic tile set it once was to what it has become now. I really appreciate getting to spend the past few years playing and watching the improvements you and the team have done. Taking part in the beta testing sessions and stress tests. I wish you nothing but the best in your new Path and you bet I'm going to be signing up for Soul frame when the website permits me too take care Steve you will be missed. Along with you too Space Mom! - I would be lying if I said I did not shed a tear when I heard the announcement during Tenno Con. Stay safe out there Tenno you will be sorely missed.