Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Easy way to generate Frame Fighter Interest: Allow it to give conclave standing

ABlindGuyPlays

I say this as someone who is *BAD* at fighting games. Not everyoen can deal wit hthe current conclave loop.

I don't want this to be 'conclave bayud! REMUV NAO!' Nono, Conclave has its fans. i'm not one of them, but...

Hey nobody's doing anything with frame fighter. It LITERALLY has no mods, weapons, and only a handful of abilities to put in at a time. Why not have that give like... a thousand conclave rep per match plus an additional 1.5k if you win? i dunno what a fair number would be except 'oh give it fifty rep per' would be insultingly low and 'oh we gave yo uthe thing but not in a way that's useful or helpful. Why are you frowning?'

I get that the conclave vets will dog me to all hell on this one, but i'm advocating a thing I am activly bad at because i know other people will find it potentially fun.

Doesn't Frame Fighter still have a problem where the host is almost assured a win? Also how does being bad at frame fighter make your suggestion more valid?

Either way this sounds like a terrible idea, especially since they are about as likely to fix frame fighter as they are Conclave. And then you'd have the quandary of whether throwing a match of frame fighter to get your friend conclave faction is cheating or not, among other things.

While I haven't played Frame Fighter, doesn't the thing lack matchmaking / dedicated servers and require the Ludoplex? Those seem like pretty big factors before you even start into Conclave standing.

That said, if it were looped into Conclave's dedicated servers to build matchmaking, it wouldn't be that hard to make lobbies craft tournament brackets. You get a set of 1v1s and curtail farming / throwing - at least as much as you can curtail it in any of the other modes. At that point, I don't see why it wouldn't be eligible for Conclave standing.

And for more reasons why variant modes (of which Frame Fighter is one) are a good idea, see here.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-07-18 at 6:53 PM, ABlindGuyPlays said:

I say this as someone who is *BAD* at fighting games. Not everyoen can deal wit hthe current conclave loop.

I don't want this to be 'conclave bayud! REMUV NAO!' Nono, Conclave has its fans. i'm not one of them, but...

Hey nobody's doing anything with frame fighter. It LITERALLY has no mods, weapons, and only a handful of abilities to put in at a time. Why not have that give like... a thousand conclave rep per match plus an additional 1.5k if you win? i dunno what a fair number would be except 'oh give it fifty rep per' would be insultingly low and 'oh we gave yo uthe thing but not in a way that's useful or helpful. Why are you frowning?'

I get that the conclave vets will dog me to all hell on this one, but i'm advocating a thing I am activly bad at because i know other people will find it potentially fun.

Eh I'm a conclave player and I wouldn't mind standing being added to frame fighter. I might not like frame fighter at all but unlike other people that suggest bringing in bots/specters to conclave or allowing pve modes to give conclave standing u are actually suggesting conclave standing coming from a pvp mode. So I think that's ok personally. Although I don't think giving frame fighter conclave standing would give it more interest. 

Archived