Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Open Letter from [DE]Rebecca

[DE]Rebecca

Congratulations! But I can't stop feeling like Soulframe will start stealing the spotlight upon release and then eventualy Warframe will lose fan base and will disappear like many other good MMO's (sadly not a lot of of MMO's from this genre left out there while still plenty of the fantasy ones which I'm not a big fan of anymore).

This, this is part of what we need!

But I highly advise NOT letting Soulframe overshadow Warframe as I think the better focus is on Warframe and with getting crossplay out as soon as possible as well as Duviri and with you, space mom, in charge. I feel I can trust more in our future.

Space Mom has now ascended to Supreme Overlord.

xd

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tenno,

For over 10 years I’ve been writing posts to you. I’ve always called you Tenno...

[snip]

I hope to make them proud, and bother them frequently with my Fashion Frame choices. Nothing can stop me now. 

How lucky are we that both Science Fiction & Fantasy will now exist under one roof. Envoys & Tenno, the future is bright. 

See you soon,

- [DE]Rebecca

[DE]Rebecca,

I will keep this short because I know you're a busy person, specially now with more responsibility.  Firstly, congratulations on your new role, I know you will exceed and continue doing great things for all Tenno.  Secondly... you may not be correct about nothing stopping you with your Fashion Frame choices. We'll still tag along to keep a watchful eye on you, and perhaps save you from your own Fashion Frame choices. :D 

-Syn

Hello guys I've been worried about The remaining Warframe lifespan. on tennocon devs talked about warframe being old. about generations that will get hooked on warframe and stuff. but they came with a new IP Soulframe wich from what I've searched on google its a new MMO so I felt like warframe development is ending soon or some stuff like that. not that Im really worried. I like the new IP. but this made me wonder about how much remeaning time left for warframe to be dead after Soulframe release? I know there are two different settings one is sci fi and other is a fantasy MMO. but I bet warframe is coming to an end with said quotes on Tennocon 2022

I bet all the main couch people from the past 10 years will be moving over. Steve, Geoff, probably Scott too. Geoff's the Creative Director of Soulframe btw.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2022/07/16/soulframe-warframe-digital-extremes-elden-ring/

Confirmation that Scott is moving over to Soulframe too:

https://www.vg247.com/soulframe-digital-extremes-publishing-airship-syndicate

Edited by OniDax
  • Like 1

Rebb is definitely the best choice to take over - it's always very obvious, whether in streams, dev workshops or even on Twitter/Reddit/etc, that she really "gets" what makes Warframe fun and clearly loves the game.

So: congrats and hope you can really put your own stamp on Warframe and its future!

• Like 2

Watching you grow into this role for nearly a decade has been so immensely satisfying, and I cannot think of a better person to take the helm of Warframe than you, Rebb. I don't think Warframe would have lasted nearly as long if it weren't for you. Congratulations! Excited for Warframe's new era.