Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Open Letter from [DE]Rebecca

[DE]Rebecca

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tenno,

For over 10 years I’ve been writing posts to you. I’ve always called you Tenno. That will never change. Other things, though, are changing. We’re in a new chapter of Warframe.  I’ve always written from the perspective of someone that has been a steadfast believer in community as a core part of what makes Warframe great. And that belief will stay with me now that I get to work closer with the developers that have made everything possible. If the community has always been the heart of Warframe, the developers have been the soul. 

It is an honor, and an emotional one at that, to be a part of Warframe’s future in the Creative Director role. Even more of an honor is being able to do it with members of the team growing into roles that form Warframe’s new leadership. You know some of this team already, and there are many new faces behind the scenes. They are wonderful people who I deeply respect, and as we work through the transition I know you’ll feel the same. 

As for the Digital Extremes team moving on to our incredible second project, Soulframe, they’ve not gone far. I’ll miss many of them on the Warframe Devstream couch, but I’m excited for the next generation of folks that will be blinded by our studio lights.  I hope to make them proud, and bother them frequently with my Fashion Frame choices. Nothing can stop me now. 

How lucky are we that both Science Fiction & Fantasy will now exist under one roof. Envoys & Tenno, the future is bright. 

See you soon,

- [DE]Rebecca

Please also see [DE]Steve's Open Letter: 

You deserve this Reb! Congrats

Rebecca,

You and the team at DE have given me over 5k hours of entertainment and counting. I missed the early backer program by a couple weeks but since then it's been something that is simply an integral part of my evenings after work.

For that entire time you have been part of the Warframe team and integral to its existence.

I wish you all the best going forward, I'll be happy to see what you can do with things in the new role!

Congrats!

Very excited for you & the team. I only wish TennoCon was an in person event so we could all celebrate. The Duviri demo and all that was shown throughout the day was excellent.

The future of Warframe is bright!

• Like 3

I haven't felt we as a community have mattered in Years.

I could level examples squarely at your head, but the mods will remove it.

You have a following of people who will rabidly defend you because 'space mummy'

Our voices have not mattered to you i na long time. Nor do I feel they will moving forward.

I hope to be proven wrong.

• Like 4

AN OPEN LETTER FROM POOKIENUMNUMS aka COOKIEYUMYUMS aka DOOKIEDUMDUMS

Wow Big Moves! Congratulations. 

With the fan fare out of the way, lets get a bit serious. I dont know if you'll have a chance to see and read this. I sincerely hope you do, because im about to do the thing that people do when its time to do the thing. 

I love warframe. I can say its my favorite game, and game universe, and perhaps work of fiction of any and all forms of media and entertainment, ever. Seriously. I absolutely love 'Warframe'.  Master Founder with about this many hours. 

unknown.png

I am not nearly as active over the last few years as I was for the first five, but thats Ok. I never strayed to far. It has always been a thrill to play updates, through the content and changes, new systems and mechanics, for better or worse. I have always made it a point to attend devstreams and share that info with my peers. I have spent plenty of IRL Money and countless hours decorating (not on the level of those dojos we saw today woweeee), and tuning my fashion. 

But through all of that, I have had to chew through the gristle and fat and endure or ignore the many glaring issues with the game for years and years, as they AND the community are ignored and in a way disrespected, subject to leaderships apathy toward the cries of the community that really want for the game to become the biggest and best MMTPHNSLSAAG Out there (massively multiplayer hack n slash looter shooter action adventure game) EVER. 

Im sure there are probably goals set and a path to follow, and certain things you can and cannot do... BUT PLEASE. Here my cries. Heed my words. 

There are many small aspects of the game that can be fixed or improved upon. It doesnt have to be all at once. Any sort of effort toward any of them will greatly improve the standing that the game and team have with the community, be it the vocal minority, or the salty content creators who cant get a sponsorship no matter how hard they try, yet they keep creating content for the game they love filled with, at times abrasive, constructive criticisms. You (the team, the game, the company) have lost SO MANY great Tenno for this same exact issue, ignoring them and the underlying issues within the game. 

I love Steve. His passion and determination to bring HIS ideas into reality in the way HE thinks they should be is very admirable. After all, its his and the other bois's brain childs. However, the consistent neglect of issues within the games core and then just moving on and slapping more content on top to bury it so deep that the community forgets about it, does not do the game or us any favors.

Please, if it is at all within the purview of your new role, look to the community and reach out to us so that we can help point out where the game really suffers and what changes can be made to improve the QOL in game, the overall experience of the game, to improve and grow the community, and where we would like to see at least some of the development focused. 

• Like 4

What you have done not only for Warframe but for the understanding of Community management in the industry in general has been amazing.

I don't think there could have been any better choice than you for this position.

Of course I am sad to see the others leave the team but I am also happy to see in which direction you and your team are going to take the future of this game.

Godspeed Spacemom

After The New War we finally have you back, and now we find out you came back stronger than ever.

Edited by Gehirnspaghetti
  • Like 1

Congrats space mom, a lot of us have been with you since the Founder days. Seeing myself growing up from high school to a research student alongside your own extensive career growth has been quite the journey.

Excited to see your vision of Warframe and how you shape it in the future!

Edited by RamonLLLL

I am glad you got a Promotion and we will see how this goes with warframe and choices of design. 

Pookie wrote a nice long letter on some kind of issues and the content islands constantly was neglected. My only wish is you will look into the old content too and make much needed fixes and balance changes and somehow sew all the islands into one consistent experience. I know and hope the game have a lot more time and changes in the directions always makes a part of community happy the others unhappy also I am aware developing a game is not as easy to do than talk about it but I hope some of the older contents get's love also some old styled game modes and maps which was there from the start gets expanded. 

The business is always making new contents but I would like to see if some of the old contents gets refreshing also expansions so the players will experience a fluid, good looking and hopefully more meaningful content and not just rush it. The major problem with the game is the content islands and the amount of player stopping from the start because the newcomers are the ones whom brings the money and new ideas to the game. Old ones like me and many others seen the game evolving, not all content we like but not all we hate. I love the first type of contents and partly Archwing but that is in that state where you need to reconsider to improve it or replace it. The old corridor style gameloop is the core of the game which passed on to open worlds but still you can make a lot more corridor and semi openworld maps to refresh the game. 

I think the starchart could be more interesting if one by one revisited and each planet and body of the system gets something which makes them more unique beyond the rescurces. Also I think some of the old gears and warframes could get more love and some balance pass to make every weapon a good choice if used right. 

I know this segment is not about our wishes and needs but felt the need to say we hope these things will be revisited. Now enjoy your promotion, take a nice rest and with full of energy do what Lotus would do and save our Origin system.

Cheers.

• Like 1

vor 8 Stunden schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Science Fiction & Fantasy

Just, wasnt Warframe always about both? Our fantasy in a science fiction world? I think a little bit of fantasy inside a science fiction game is the little bit of spice making a science fiction interresting. Like with Star Wars, its not a pure Science Fiction, its also a lot of fantasy in it. And that made it so great

Im looking forward to the future of Warframe and will be curious for the things to come, im sure you will do well in your new role. Still will take time getting used to reading that underneath your Name in future Streams though :D

And you are not alone with missing people on the devstream couch.

We still all lift together

vor 8 Stunden schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

I hope to make them proud, and bother them frequently with my Fashion Frame choices.

Hey it could be worse, not naming anyone. But yours is, still good? Mostly? For the most time?