Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Garuda mains able to help?

(XBOX)Lord ChibiVR

Question

So I like most people decided to trying different frames, and Garuda looks really good. Now I noticed that some Warframe abilities are kinda unexplained in how they work or how good they are, so I'm wondering, how does Garuda's first ability work and how good is it? Also, how do you make Garuda's 4 do big damage, does it scale off of something?

I'm still planning on getting her regardless but just decided to ask so I would know more about her kit and have an easier time using her.

7 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

So I like most people decided to trying different frames, and Garuda looks really good. Now I noticed that some Warframe abilities are kinda unexplained in how they work or how good they are, so I'm wondering, how does Garuda's first ability work and how good is it? Also, how do you make Garuda's 4 do big damage, does it scale off of something?

I'm still planning on getting her regardless but just decided to ask so I would know more about her kit and have an easier time using her.

Her 1 is complicated.  I use it for mobility, light CC (it knocks the enemy down, and some melee weapons like claws and daggers have good ground finishers), its shield, and the nuke.  The shield only blocks damage from the angle you're facing, so if you're not confident in your survivability you'll want to keep your back to a wall.  The way I use the nuke is wait until the 1's damage absorption number is decently high, then I paint targets with the 4, and then I charge up the ball and release it.  I don't use it all the time, as my AOE weapons are usually much more efficient.  But it's fun for big groups.  I don't really bother with the instant execution effect on enemies under 40% HP.  For so much content in Warframe, enemies are either unhurt or they're dead.  So the instant execution doesn't really matter much until you get to very high levels.  And even there, it's pretty slow.

Her 4 looks kind of crappy on paper, if you only take its initial damage into account.  Where it shines is that it marks enemies to take slash procs from other damage sources.  Slash procs deal true damage, ignoring armor, so Garuda's 4 shines against heavily armored foes like the Grineer.  Don't expect the 4 to kill enemies outright much past the starchart.  But the higher level you go, the more important her 4 is.  It essentially functions like a massive damage multiplier for the rest of your loadout, and your allies.

This is just a cursory overview.  Experts can explain it better, or you can check the wiki.  I advise building so that you get enough power strength for 100% slash proc on Garuda's 4.  It doesn't take as much as it used to.  I also highly recommend Natural Talent.  You're going to be casting a lot, and Natural Talent speeds that up.  Also, try Gloom instead of Garuda's 2.  It's easy mode.

One last tip.  Get in the habit of aim-gliding after you do a charge cast.  Garuda's 1 (nuke) and her 4 have her hover in the air a bit, and if you land without aim-gliding or sliding you're likely to have a hard landing, which gets pretty annoying after a while.

Dread Mirror is really strong. It gives you complete CC immunity so its possible to play with aoe spam weapons without Primed Sure Footed. It also gives you forward facing damage immunity. You want to keep this up at all times. It is also good as a long range teleport. Use it to move around while resetting the duration of your mirror.

To charge the dread heart, you need to face enemies and let them shoot you. The shield will absorb the damage into the heart and you can press + hold 1 to release the stored damage as a nuke. This is a scaling damage nuke, meaning the higher level the enemies are, the more damage they deal, the more damage dread heart absorbs, the more powerful the nuke is.

There are very few abilities in the game that scale to enemy level like this so thats good. The downside is you must give up your shield momentarily and immediately find another target (that won't be killed by the nuke) to get your mirror back. Against high level enemies its pretty scary to do this without rolling guard, because if you get tagged with your shields down, you will die instantly.

Dread heart nuke generally works better in solo where enemies target you exclusively and you use narrow corridors and use corners and cover to protect your rear/flanks, absorb a tonne of damage through the shield.

The stored damage continues to stack even if the duration expires or you recast dread mirror. Releasing the nuke will reset the stored damage, as will touching a nullifier bubble or dying.

Hard landings from Seeking Talons are really annoying and can get you killed. I recommend using [Kavat's Grace] in the exilus slot. This is a gold mod from the Jupiter secret labs and allows you to fall from pretty big heights without triggering hard landings.

57 minutes ago, Lolacrayola said:

Dread Mirror is really strong. It gives you complete CC immunity so its possible to play with aoe spam weapons without Primed Sure Footed. It also gives you forward facing damage immunity. You want to keep this up at all times. It is also good as a long range teleport. Use it to move around while resetting the duration of your mirror.

To charge the dread heart, you need to face enemies and let them shoot you. The shield will absorb the damage into the heart and you can press + hold 1 to release the stored damage as a nuke. This is a scaling damage nuke, meaning the higher level the enemies are, the more damage they deal, the more damage dread heart absorbs, the more powerful the nuke is.

There are very few abilities in the game that scale to enemy level like this so thats good. The downside is you must give up your shield momentarily and immediately find another target (that won't be killed by the nuke) to get your mirror back. Against high level enemies its pretty scary to do this without rolling guard, because if you get tagged with your shields down, you will die instantly.

Dread heart nuke generally works better in solo where enemies target you exclusively and you use narrow corridors and use corners and cover to protect your rear/flanks, absorb a tonne of damage through the shield.

The stored damage continues to stack even if the duration expires or you recast dread mirror. Releasing the nuke will reset the stored damage, as will touching a nullifier bubble or dying.

Hard landings from Seeking Talons are really annoying and can get you killed. I recommend using [Kavat's Grace] in the exilus slot. This is a gold mod from the Jupiter secret labs and allows you to fall from pretty big heights without triggering hard landings.

So you are saying.... Garuda 1 is Nyx 4 but better...

Sounds great.

Hunter Adrenaline + Quick Thinking is my advice.    Build her claws for pure slash.  

Epitaph or Cycron and Secondary Dexterity Arcane for a little extra combo duration.  

One of the archon exilus mods (next to aura) has bullet jump/glide time  but its sub affect is +100% ground slam damage at the 1st set mod bonus.  

Dread mirror is ok but I really dont like using the bomb.   4 You can spam till the cows come home but I only ever use it when I see big piles of enemies.   ( But taking the time to use it usually lets the guy with bramma/zarr nuke everything first).  Still its great at helping you kill stuff faster if u need it.  

-------------

Garuda is awesome.   She also makes playing Valkyr feel like crap....   

Her fourth gives bleed status to EVERYTHING

That includes Warframe abilities, AoE, and weapons

Casting it as a primer before using say Kuva Ogris can create a large slash bomb (It also works wonders when you stack your dread heart, use the fourth, then yeet da period ball)

1 hour ago, (NSW)Malikili said:

Her fourth gives bleed status to EVERYTHING

That includes Warframe abilities, AoE, and weapons

Casting it as a primer before using say Kuva Ogris can create a large slash bomb (It also works wonders when you stack your dread heart, use the fourth, then yeet da period ball)

That sounds amazing! 

Luckily I just got Garuda prime recently.

Archived