Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Idea: We Need More Yeehaw

N0tEnoughHats

This idea came into being while discussing Warframe ideas with a group of friends, opening relics and making bank on Index. Idea after idea was tossed because everything we discussed was already being done by currently existing warframes. I floated a grim reaper idea, been done. Spider idea, all described powers being done by multiple warframes. Finally I arrived at an idea that at first, I treated as a meme. But as I continued to refine this idea, it became less of a meme and more of a legitimately interesting warframe idea. A Cowboy warframe. While Mesa may be the dual wielding gunslinger type, she's no cattle rustler, and every good western hero needs a rival they can compete with or a partner they can rely on.

Name: Manco
Named after the character Clint Eastwood plays in For a Few Dollars More.

First Ability: Lasso
Manco throws a void energy Lasso around an enemy, which makes the enemy rag doll. The lasso with the snared enemy becomes a temporary melee weapon, which Manco swings around to damage or magnetically snare other enemies. Light attacks do very minimal damage, these attacks are meant to snare other enemies, up to three other enemies can be snared(making the possible limit 4). More snared enemies increases damage done by lasso swings. Heavy attacks are for killing, and damage both enemies and the snared enemies as well, making it inevitable that Manco will loose enemies he lassos.
Stronger enemies that are lassoed count as 4 lesser enemies and do not magnetically snare other enemies.

Second Ability: Brand
If Manco rather not use his lassoed enemies as temporary melee weapons, he can channel power through the lasso to brand all ensnared enemies. Branded enemies temporarily become friendly and will attack other enemies for a time. This skill can be used to recharge the brand before the time runs out. The limit of how many enemies Manco can brand is 4, lassoing and branding more enemies will cancel existing brands, making those enemies hostile again. Only one strong enemy can be branded at a time, branding any other enemy regardless will cancel the existing brand.

Third Ability: Yeehaw!
Manco lets out a mighty Yeehaw that temporarily increases damage and armor for himself and allies, scaling based on how many enemies are currently branded. Strong enemies that Manco brands still count as 4 enemies and buffs still scale accordingly.

Fourth Ability: Big Iron
On Manco's hip is a revolver-like weapon, activating this ability will stow all weapons and bring Manco's hand to his hip, ready to draw. Holding the fire button down will charge the shot, which will be visible on both a charge reticle and growing energy around Manco's hand. Once the fire button is released Manco quick draws and fire a single, powerful shot. Damage scales based on how much the weapon is charged before firing. The shot does have punch through, making it possible to damage multiple enemies. After the shot, Manco draws the weapon he previously had equipped priory to activating this ability,

Passive Ability: Master Rider
All abilities can be used on horseback. All abilities are also enhanced in energy efficiency while on horseback.
This would pair him well with the horses(or whatever they're called) being released on the upcoming expansion.
And I thought the idea of Manco dragging lassoed enemies behind him while riding through the plains would be funny.

What do you all think though? Underpowered? Overpowered? Maybe his abilities are too tied around lassoing? Any changes you'd make? Or is the whole idea of a enemy rustling cowboy-space ninja just plain dumb?

30 minutes ago, N0tEnoughHats said:

Stronger enemies that are lassoed count as 4 lesser enemies and do not magnetically snare other enemies.

31 minutes ago, N0tEnoughHats said:

Only one strong enemy can be branded at a time, branding any other enemy regardless will cancel the existing brand.

I don't think these limits need to exist.

Otherwise, I like the concept! Not sure how I feel about the 4th, but I think a space cowboy ninja would be really fun(ny).

I like the idea of this. 
I’ll second what @CatboyPrincess said.

and add a suggestion or 3. 
Perhaps Yeehaw could summon a steed and your armor remained as long as your steed does. The steed can be a Venari type companion and a mount to get more use out of your passive. 

the four enemies doesn’t feel like it adds much scalability to his kit as we find higher leveled enemies in upcoming content. Perhaps 4 as a base.  This would be a contender for the helminth contribution from this frame. Could the number of enemies, on the first ability scale with range.  

Sounds cool, a change I would make would be a lever action exalted instead of the pistol.it would set him apart from mesa more and fit more with the theme of slow powerful accurate shots.i could see that being useful too give it crazy crit damage and chance and it could be one shotting bosses. With that ability being useable on horseback I could see him being the new go to for eidelons 

Archived