Jump to content

Add Conclave Nightwave Challenge


thetdw2000
 Share

Recommended Posts

Conclave alternatives would be one thing. Like trading out a task one doesn't fancy for a PvP one, if they so wish.

Making it a task is just going to make people unhappy to play Conclave, which kind of ruins the games in general. The paltry Conclave rewards do that bad enough.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, thetdw2000 said:

I doubt most of the playerbase would be unwilling to play one 10 minute match to earn a weekly challenge worth of nightwave standing.

... That just proves you know nothing about Warframe Community...

There are a few players running Conclave... But I'm pretty sure that a vast majority isn't running Conclave.

 

... Just to make it clear, I don't care if its added or not. It simply has no weight for me since you can max out all Nightwave ranks (including the bonus ranks) just by completing the daily tasks... That's right, just the Daily Tasks. People can willingly ignore the Weekly and Elite Weekly tasks and clear all Nightwave ranks...

But I felt like I couldn't let this one slide without pointing out that you know nothing about the rest of Warframe Community... And, in the eyes of those that are more touchy about being unwillingly included in an argument they don't want to even be a part of, you have no right to even hypothesize about what the Warframe Community wants for Nightwave tasks or not, because as soon as you include more than just you in any argument you may have, well, then you're already crossing "the line"...

See, for those players, being unwillingly included in an argument that isn't theirs may be seen as offensive, as you're taking away their "free speech"... However, I'm worse than those for absolutely no reason so, I'm going to add that including me into "player base" in an attempt to add value to your argument is offensive to me, and its offensive because I can (and will) see it as offensive...

 

I know its your 3rd post, but consider my post as an advice for other threads/posts you end up creating in the future... And yes, I won't do Conclave tasks.

Edited by Uhkretor
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2022-08-03 at 4:47 AM, thetdw2000 said:

It would be simple. Add "Play one round of conclave" as a weekly challenge. I doubt most of the playerbase would be unwilling to play one 10 minute match to earn a weekly challenge worth of nightwave standing.

It's actually a good idea and it has been brought up before, even back when Nightwave was introduced.

Don't worry about the negativity here, there are some people who are violently against PvP no matter what.

 

Back then, the discussion moved towards having Conclave challenges for Nightwave as an alternative to PvE ones (either/or) and that's probably what would be agreeable to most -- of course even then it had those naysayers, but as usual they don't really contribute much.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2022-08-03 at 10:27 AM, Tyreaus said:

Making it a task is just going to make people unhappy to play Conclave, which kind of ruins the games in general. The paltry Conclave rewards do that bad enough.

To add to this, those unhappy about doing Conclave yet felt the need to finish Nightwave would most likely resort to any low effort path to complete it. Namely, rigging or outright throwing the match just to get it over with. Those people will ruin it for the people who actually enjoy Conclave (I mean, I don't think they would enjoy having many people just literally standing still in a match, ally or enemies). It's a lose-lose for those who don't like Conclave and those who enjoy it.

Yeah, agree that alternatives maybe could work. Not as normal tasks that compete for slot with other tasks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I support OP's proposal.

It should be a daily for 1000 standing, something where you don't feel too bad about skipping out on it if you strongly dislike Conclave. Yet there's still enough cases where people squeeze the maximum out of Nightwave to give this an impact. The fact that it grants a universally useful reward rather than something entirely limited to Conclave is a great boon. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2022-08-02 at 10:47 PM, thetdw2000 said:

It would be simple. Add "Play one round of conclave" as a weekly challenge. I doubt most of the playerbase would be unwilling to play one 10 minute match to earn a weekly challenge worth of nightwave standing.

Make it "play a public round..." instead, it would help to prevent people from just doing a private lobby with a friend to get  it done easily, instead increasing open lobbies for anyone to join.

On 2022-08-04 at 6:25 PM, (PSN)Poison___Insect said:

play 5 rounds of conclave as a elite bounty

 

Even better:

"Win 3 public conclave matches out of Recruit Conditioning" (being on the top half of the scoreboard counts as a win, just like in the old conclave events).

And yes, "Out of RC" is there to reduce the amount of player pools available, making it easier for everyone to find a lobby while trying to get RC stompers out of the kid's pool to play with the sharks.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Make it "play a public round..." instead, it would help to prevent people from just doing a private lobby with a friend to get  it done easily, instead increasing open lobbies for anyone to join.

Even better:

"Win 3 public conclave matches out of Recruit Conditioning" (being on the top half of the scoreboard counts as a win, just like in the old conclave events).

And yes, "Out of RC" is there to reduce the amount of player pools available, making it easier for everyone to find a lobby while trying to get RC stompers out of the kid's pool to play with the sharks.

Great ideas

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2022-08-03 at 6:46 AM, Uhkretor said:

... That just proves you know nothing about Warframe Community...

There are a few players running Conclave... But I'm pretty sure that a vast majority isn't running Conclave.

 

... Just to make it clear, I don't care if its added or not. It simply has no weight for me since you can max out all Nightwave ranks (including the bonus ranks) just by completing the daily tasks... That's right, just the Daily Tasks. People can willingly ignore the Weekly and Elite Weekly tasks and clear all Nightwave ranks...

But I felt like I couldn't let this one slide without pointing out that you know nothing about the rest of Warframe Community... And, in the eyes of those that are more touchy about being unwillingly included in an argument they don't want to even be a part of, you have no right to even hypothesize about what the Warframe Community wants for Nightwave tasks or not, because as soon as you include more than just you in any argument you may have, well, then you're already crossing "the line"...

See, for those players, being unwillingly included in an argument that isn't theirs may be seen as offensive, as you're taking away their "free speech"... However, I'm worse than those for absolutely no reason so, I'm going to add that including me into "player base" in an attempt to add value to your argument is offensive to me, and its offensive because I can (and will) see it as offensive...

 

I know its your 3rd post, but consider my post as an advice for other threads/posts you end up creating in the future... And yes, I won't do Conclave tasks.

TL;DR he calling you out for talking in the name of multiple people while he talks in the name of multiple people.

The point was that people would not be unwilling to do 1 conclave match to gain 7k nightwave points, once a week. Yes, conclave is S#&$. No, I don't play it normally. If this was a challenge instead of "defeat profit taker" or what have you, I'd honestly rather do a conclave match. Yeah some people probably still wouldn't play conclave, just out of principle because it's not well made. Who cares? Not everyone does every weekly challenge in nightwave. Like the pretentious guy said, you can get to max rank in nightwave without doing any weeklies. But I would rather do a single match of conclave rather than 8 rounds of ESO, or killing profit taker, or whatever.

 

I will say, though, I would play conclave for nightwave only if it's exactly as suggested here. 1 match, 4.5k or 7k points, whichever. If it's implemented as a daily, with 1 conclave match giving 1k points, I'm still not bothering. If it's implemented as "do x conclave missions" for a 4.5k or 7k reward, still not bothering.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...