Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add Conclave Nightwave Challenge

thetdw2000

Conclave alternatives would be one thing. Like trading out a task one doesn't fancy for a PvP one, if they so wish.

Making it a task is just going to make people unhappy to play Conclave, which kind of ruins the games in general. The paltry Conclave rewards do that bad enough.

1 hour ago, thetdw2000 said:

I doubt most of the playerbase would be unwilling to play one 10 minute match to earn a weekly challenge worth of nightwave standing.

... That just proves you know nothing about Warframe Community...

There are a few players running Conclave... But I'm pretty sure that a vast majority isn't running Conclave.

... Just to make it clear, I don't care if its added or not. It simply has no weight for me since you can max out all Nightwave ranks (including the bonus ranks) just by completing the daily tasks... That's right, just the Daily Tasks. People can willingly ignore the Weekly and Elite Weekly tasks and clear all Nightwave ranks...

But I felt like I couldn't let this one slide without pointing out that you know nothing about the rest of Warframe Community... And, in the eyes of those that are more touchy about being unwillingly included in an argument they don't want to even be a part of, you have no right to even hypothesize about what the Warframe Community wants for Nightwave tasks or not, because as soon as you include more than just you in any argument you may have, well, then you're already crossing "the line"...

See, for those players, being unwillingly included in an argument that isn't theirs may be seen as offensive, as you're taking away their "free speech"... However, I'm worse than those for absolutely no reason so, I'm going to add that including me into "player base" in an attempt to add value to your argument is offensive to me, and its offensive because I can (and will) see it as offensive...

I know its your 3rd post, but consider my post as an advice for other threads/posts you end up creating in the future... And yes, I won't do Conclave tasks.

On 2022-08-02 at 10:47 PM, thetdw2000 said:

It would be simple. Add "Play one round of conclave" as a weekly challenge. I doubt most of the playerbase would be unwilling to play one 10 minute match to earn a weekly challenge worth of nightwave standing.

Best idea I've seen posted in awhile.  Nice one!

On 2022-08-03 at 4:47 AM, thetdw2000 said:

It would be simple. Add "Play one round of conclave" as a weekly challenge. I doubt most of the playerbase would be unwilling to play one 10 minute match to earn a weekly challenge worth of nightwave standing.

It's actually a good idea and it has been brought up before, even back when Nightwave was introduced.

Don't worry about the negativity here, there are some people who are violently against PvP no matter what.

Back then, the discussion moved towards having Conclave challenges for Nightwave as an alternative to PvE ones (either/or) and that's probably what would be agreeable to most -- of course even then it had those naysayers, but as usual they don't really contribute much.

On 2022-08-03 at 10:27 AM, Tyreaus said:

Making it a task is just going to make people unhappy to play Conclave, which kind of ruins the games in general. The paltry Conclave rewards do that bad enough.

To add to this, those unhappy about doing Conclave yet felt the need to finish Nightwave would most likely resort to any low effort path to complete it. Namely, rigging or outright throwing the match just to get it over with. Those people will ruin it for the people who actually enjoy Conclave (I mean, I don't think they would enjoy having many people just literally standing still in a match, ally or enemies). It's a lose-lose for those who don't like Conclave and those who enjoy it.

Yeah, agree that alternatives maybe could work. Not as normal tasks that compete for slot with other tasks.

I support OP's proposal.

It should be a daily for 1000 standing, something where you don't feel too bad about skipping out on it if you strongly dislike Conclave. Yet there's still enough cases where people squeeze the maximum out of Nightwave to give this an impact. The fact that it grants a universally useful reward rather than something entirely limited to Conclave is a great boon. 

On 2022-08-02 at 10:47 PM, thetdw2000 said:

Make it "play a public round..." instead, it would help to prevent people from just doing a private lobby with a friend to get  it done easily, instead increasing open lobbies for anyone to join.

On 2022-08-04 at 6:25 PM, (PSN)Poison___Insect said:

play 5 rounds of conclave as a elite bounty

Even better:

"Win 3 public conclave matches out of Recruit Conditioning" (being on the top half of the scoreboard counts as a win, just like in the old conclave events).

And yes, "Out of RC" is there to reduce the amount of player pools available, making it easier for everyone to find a lobby while trying to get RC stompers out of the kid's pool to play with the sharks.

1 hour ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Make it "play a public round..." instead, it would help to prevent people from just doing a private lobby with a friend to get  it done easily, instead increasing open lobbies for anyone to join.

Even better:

"Win 3 public conclave matches out of Recruit Conditioning" (being on the top half of the scoreboard counts as a win, just like in the old conclave events).

And yes, "Out of RC" is there to reduce the amount of player pools available, making it easier for everyone to find a lobby while trying to get RC stompers out of the kid's pool to play with the sharks.

Great ideas

On 2022-08-03 at 6:46 AM, Uhkretor said:

There are a few players running Conclave... But I'm pretty sure that a vast majority isn't running Conclave.

... Just to make it clear, I don't care if its added or not. It simply has no weight for me since you can max out all Nightwave ranks (including the bonus ranks) just by completing the daily tasks... That's right, just the Daily Tasks. People can willingly ignore the Weekly and Elite Weekly tasks and clear all Nightwave ranks...

But I felt like I couldn't let this one slide without pointing out that you know nothing about the rest of Warframe Community... And, in the eyes of those that are more touchy about being unwillingly included in an argument they don't want to even be a part of, you have no right to even hypothesize about what the Warframe Community wants for Nightwave tasks or not, because as soon as you include more than just you in any argument you may have, well, then you're already crossing "the line"...

See, for those players, being unwillingly included in an argument that isn't theirs may be seen as offensive, as you're taking away their "free speech"... However, I'm worse than those for absolutely no reason so, I'm going to add that including me into "player base" in an attempt to add value to your argument is offensive to me, and its offensive because I can (and will) see it as offensive...

I know its your 3rd post, but consider my post as an advice for other threads/posts you end up creating in the future... And yes, I won't do Conclave tasks.

TL;DR he calling you out for talking in the name of multiple people while he talks in the name of multiple people.

The point was that people would not be unwilling to do 1 conclave match to gain 7k nightwave points, once a week. Yes, conclave is S#&$. No, I don't play it normally. If this was a challenge instead of "defeat profit taker" or what have you, I'd honestly rather do a conclave match. Yeah some people probably still wouldn't play conclave, just out of principle because it's not well made. Who cares? Not everyone does every weekly challenge in nightwave. Like the pretentious guy said, you can get to max rank in nightwave without doing any weeklies. But I would rather do a single match of conclave rather than 8 rounds of ESO, or killing profit taker, or whatever.

I will say, though, I would play conclave for nightwave only if it's exactly as suggested here. 1 match, 4.5k or 7k points, whichever. If it's implemented as a daily, with 1 conclave match giving 1k points, I'm still not bothering. If it's implemented as "do x conclave missions" for a 4.5k or 7k reward, still not bothering.

Some quests requiring you to go through Crucible in Destiny 2 is something I really dislike and I don't even hate Crucible.

Look I get why Bungie does it. If DE'd done something similar earlier in Warframe's lifespan they probably would have ended up with a less pathetic playerbase. But it's still not exactly a great thing to do imo. 

I think the best compromise is what @Tyreaus has said, which concurs with what I've said about introducing PvE rewards to PvP in general. On principle I'm weary of introducing extrinsic PvE rewards and progression to PvP. I wouldn't like a standalone Conclave challenge on Nightwave but "Complete 5 Simaris scans OR play 3 public matches of Conclave" would be perfectly fine. 

On 2022-08-02 at 11:46 PM, Uhkretor said:

bruh

On 2022-08-07 at 6:12 AM, voidctrl said:

I support OP's proposal.

It should be a daily for 1000 standing, something where you don't feel too bad about skipping out on it if you strongly dislike Conclave. Yet there's still enough cases where people squeeze the maximum out of Nightwave to give this an impact. The fact that it grants a universally useful reward rather than something entirely limited to Conclave is a great boon. 

If the point is to breathe life back into conclave, then this is counterintuitive. Playercounts don’t rise if people skip it. Player retention is another problem, and playing once to clear a nightwave challenge means you never go back until the challenge pops up again. That won’t help Conclave in the long-term. In the end the OP’s idea just isn’t the right way of going about it

On 2022-08-12 at 2:52 AM, Pakaku said:

If the point is to breathe life back into conclave, then this is counterintuitive. Playercounts don’t rise if people skip it. Player retention is another problem, and playing once to clear a nightwave challenge means you never go back until the challenge pops up again. That won’t help Conclave in the long-term. In the end the OP’s idea just isn’t the right way of going about it

How would you know that is how it'd play out? And it's not just about attracting new players.

Fact is, most of what you get from playing Conclave doesn't help progression in the game overall, although that is also what's required -- at least in part -- to progress in Conclave (most weapons and Warframes enabled in Conclave are only acquirable through PvE gameplay).

Fact is also that when they switched from alerts to Nightwave, it got more time consuming to progress in the new system. Alerts were quick PvE missions -- you just had to be around when they were up. The new Nightwave you can mostly do on the side while doing other things -- but it's PvE gameplay.

From the perspective of someone who plays Conclave that has clearly increased the time investment. It's not too much of a problem for me, because I also play a good amount of PvE anyway, but preferences vary.

Unfortunately DE just does not do anything with Conclave anymore. Its been what... 2 years or more since they did anything with it?

I don't know if drawing more attention to a dead game mode is what Warframe needs. TBH most players would probably never care if Conclave just disappeared (not because it isn't fun but because it has been dead for YEARS). I would love to actually play a game of Lunaro every now and again but the mode is dead and I'm not going to sit around in a lobby for hours waiting for enough people to play a match. 

17 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Unfortunately DE just does not do anything with Conclave anymore. Its been what... 2 years or more since they did anything with it?

I don't know if drawing more attention to a dead game mode is what Warframe needs. TBH most players would probably never care if Conclave just disappeared (not because it isn't fun but because it has been dead for YEARS). I would love to actually play a game of Lunaro every now and again but the mode is dead and I'm not going to sit around in a lobby for hours waiting for enough people to play a match. 

Tell me you don't know what's going on without telling me you don't know.

DE fixed one of the big bugs recently and people who like to play simply organise themselves.

Your post doesn't really add anything of value.

1 hour ago, Kontrollo said:

Tell me you don't know what's going on without telling me you don't know.

DE fixed one of the big bugs recently and people who like to play simply organise themselves.

Your post doesn't really add anything of value.

First of all, kind of a rude way to respond to my post but okay.

Second. I wasn't aware they fixed something with conclave. That's actually nice to hear. I can't remember the last time I heard them talk about conclave other than acknowledging people ask about it on a rare occasion. In checking the wiki I see that they do tiny updates/changes to conclave fairly regularly but it has been what... 5 years since a content push involving conclave? Aside from the random new weapon?

And the fact remains. I've sat for hours waiting for a lunaro session with not a single person joining. It is dismal trying to connect with people for conclave outside dedicated groups/clan stuff. 

On 2022-08-18 at 4:33 AM, Leqesai said:

First of all, kind of a rude way to respond to my post but okay.

Is it though? I just said it like it is.

Also, coming here telling people, paraphrased: "you can't have any" isn't rude? What kind of feedback is that supposed to be, in any case?

On 2022-08-18 at 4:33 AM, Leqesai said:

And the fact remains. I've sat for hours waiting for a lunaro session with not a single person joining. It is dismal trying to connect with people for conclave outside dedicated groups/clan stuff. 

It's kind of funny that you then go on to complain about not being able to get a match going -- well, not having many incentives to play and not maintaining things properly will do that to a game mode, it's really no surprise.

People like you have been calling it "a dead game mode" for so long while we have still been playing it, but yeah, just randomly trying to hop into a game at any time of day doesn't work all the time anymore these days. And well, I guess Lunaro is worse off, don't really play that myself.

But anyway, it only takes 2 people to get a match going. It's not really that hard.

Archived