Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sugestion on Capture mission changes

(PSN)Cargan2016

I Had been thinking that capture missions have really gotten kind of stale and repetative.  and just a thought to make them more interesting and while maybe little more hard due to adjustment in change.  Maybe instead of having capture targets automatically teleport to extraction we have to actually pickthem up and carry them and restricted to secondary for who ever carries them.  Like with the data spike in mobile defense.  and if they are dropped too long a squad will spawn to try and free the target that has to be fended off.  maybe 2-3 levels over the mission in question so if its a 5-8 capture mission the squad may be level 10 to 11.

Everything in this game is already time consuming. From the grind to waiting for your foundry to complete a build to unbelievably slow loading times to losing time from constant server disconnections, etc., etc., I can’t see this being well received. 
I returned to the game about 3 months ago from a ~2yr break just to come back to the exact same issues that made me quit. They keep pumping out content to please the people that complain about no content but should be focusing on having a stable platform. It’s so frustrating. Who would really care about a mission change when the basics of the game are barely functional? They need to make this game functional. 

Yes Capture is incredibly lame, but changing it to be slower will go over super poorly with most players.

There's two changes to Capture I'd like to see: 1) guarantee an Eximus Spawning next to the Capture target, as a guard, and 2) give each Capture mission a unique introduction, just a system-specific one-liner from Lotus why this Capture target matters,

On 2022-08-03 at 5:41 AM, (PSN)Cargan2016 said:

I Had been thinking that capture missions have really gotten kind of stale and repetative. 

Then play a different Type Of Mission 😐....

On 2022-08-03 at 5:41 AM, (PSN)Cargan2016 said:

Maybe instead of having capture targets automatically teleport to extraction we have to actually pickthem up and carry them and restricted to secondary for who ever carries them.

What you are describing already Exists.... It's called Defection and it's A Ghost Town for a very Good Reason....

Lucky for you DE never removed it do if you want suffer that Badly you can just play Detection....

On 2022-08-07 at 2:19 PM, voidctrl said:

Yes Capture is incredibly lame, but changing it to be slower will go over super poorly with most players.

Honestly.... I want to See DE push their Luck... In between The Wukong and AoE Nerfs and The death Of Crowd Control.... I want to see exactly where this Community draws the Line....

Because right now it seems like there isn't one 😱....

On 2022-08-07 at 6:19 AM, voidctrl said:

I’m not suggesting modifications to the missions. I’m suggesting server upgrades for more stable performance. I’ve never played a game where the servers have such delays in matchmaking that the mission is over before you start like with Warframe.
This is a co-op based game. I shouldn’t have to play solo because the servers are too slow to load me into a public game. It becomes frustrating.
I’d compare it to owning a Ferrari with a lawnmower engine. It looks good and all but the performance is not there. 

On 2022-08-02 at 8:41 PM, (PSN)Cargan2016 said:

I Had been thinking that capture missions have really gotten kind of stale and repetative.  and just a thought to make them more interesting and while maybe little more hard due to adjustment in change.  Maybe instead of having capture targets automatically teleport to extraction we have to actually pickthem up and carry them and restricted to secondary for who ever carries them.  Like with the data spike in mobile defense.  and if they are dropped too long a squad will spawn to try and free the target that has to be fended off.  maybe 2-3 levels over the mission in question so if its a 5-8 capture mission the squad may be level 10 to 11.

I'd rather see that mechanic used on Rescue Missions

too many players exploit the mechanic where the VIP Teleports to whichever Tenno is closest to the exit, rather than actually having to Actually Defend them travelling the distance between

oh no the VIP is down! quick everyone get the extract before they bleed out!  .... that's not how it should work...

I'd like to see Capture targets be much stronger, currently the mission goes too fast because we OHK them.

maybe have them lock doors behind themselves that we have to hack through?

or what if they actually reach the rover at the end of the map, and we have to chase it down and disable it? maybe the mission transitions into hijack

12 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

maybe have them lock doors behind themselves that we have to hack through?

Wasted Effort.... I already know how to stop them from running away so this change would be meaningless.... And besides....all you're going to do is Drive people into the Razorwing Meta even Harder than it already is right now...

12 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

or what if they actually reach the rover at the end of the map, and we have to chase it down and disable it? maybe the mission transitions into hijack

Then It Can join the list of Other Dead Nodes like Archwing, Defection and Infested Salvage....

If you need me... Il be in Exterminate Missions. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Archived