Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Corpus Families

FelineRevolution

So I have a question I would really really love to hear from DE. I am working on several fan stories about the Corpus and one of the hard parts about writing about the Corpus is given how little we know about their childhood etc. Lore and canon is VERY important to me and I rather know what DE considers correct before working on a huge writing project

Now, initially, given the comments made by Darvo I assumed the Corpus all have parents, kids, and families. Darvo mentions he has a mother and we know he has a father. I actually gave nearly all of my Corpus characters families and kids except the ones who are too young. At one point my live stream and I figured the Corpus give their people bonuses for each kid they have, if you aren't married by a certain age they assign you a spouse but given the number of people being killed by the Warframes they need the manpower. I even had my Elite Corpus Commando team rescue Veso's family because they felt they owed him after the sacrifice he made. We figured the Corpus can easily control their employees through their families because while a single man is willing to take risks, he won't take those risks if it meant risking their kids. It would also be a huge market for their products. Kids are expensive. Buying that toy for your child etc. They would be willing to work even harder for their kids. My live stream and I even discussed they chemically castrate them since the last thing you want is a bunch of people NOT FOCUSING ON WORK

HOWEVER

I was talking with a friend and he reminded me of several important things. That the Corpus have eugenic programs and many are purpose breed. It is mentioned Corpus Pupils. The Corpus do not clone but that doesn't mean they cannot have been created in test tubes. And then raised in Corpus schools until they are old enough to start apprenticeships or internships. Given Darvo is considered young at 100 I figured the Corpus still won't wait that long and probably start them on apprenticeships or internships at a younger age. 

So after discussing it with my live stream we came up with a three tier caste system.

At the bottom are the purpose breed crew. People like Veso-R. Test tube babies. They are born and then raised in schools eventually making their way to assignments. In a way they are barely above slaves because they are raised from childhood in the Corpus cult. They are chemically castrated. They probably spend decades, if not centuries working in the same place. If they work hard enough they might advance. It also means in some ways the bonds they create with their crewmates is stronger because they have no families and while they are Corpus they are still human and humans are social. I work in retail and even with all the talk of pushing for Profit, And yes there is a lot of get that big sale, Profit and competition towards Profit their is a comraderie. And we don't even have commissions. Its all about the big sales and Profit for the company. Get Alad V that big Profit. Get Target or Best Buy or Big Lots that big profitable sale.

We know the Corpus recruit from the colonies. I don't think they are forced into it. A bit like Luke Skywalker wanting to join the Imperial Academy. Joining the Corpus is a chance to leave whatever colony they are stuck in. Want to leave Cetus and see the System? Get an education and a career? Join the Corpus! The Corpus is the primary facilitator of interplanetary trade. They do posses the most advanced technology in the system. Their best chance at advancement is in the Corpus. I am sure there are a lot of kids who see the Corpus in their fancy space suits, with their fancy laser guns and their ships and dream of joining the Corpus. Once in the Corpus they are in the lowest caste despite having parents.

If they work hard enough they might make it to the second tier. These are the people who can afford to pay for the ability to have kids. Your own children is a luxury. This is the primary market. These people have kids. They buy material goods. They are the upper command on ships. The coorporate employees working back on Jupiter or Venus. If Veso-R worked hard enough he MIGHT advance high enough to reach this level. Lower caste rarely make it but the possibility is there. The children of this middle tier start with an advantage. They get better educations are start higher up.

And finally at top tier. This is the Board of Directors and the highest of upper management. They are exorbitantly wealthy. Very few might make it this high up.

I would love to hear what DE thinks on this. While I can write either way Lore really is important to me as well as canon. I have several really large writing projects and while I can alter them to fit either I really want to get things Lore accurate. I am a huge fan of the Corpus. I have created over a dozen of my own characters including turning Teko, Veko and Teso into original characters. I am working right now on a long story about how Veso-R earned the Eximus Mark in The New War.

Thank you very much.

Archived