Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Suits

FelineRevolution

So as a huge fan of the Corpus I have spent hours theorizing and discussing the Corpus with my live stream [ironically often while playing Destiny 2 and GTA V]

One thing we spent a lot of time discussing was the Corpus suits. I am curious to know what DE thinks on our theorizing

We figured these suits are pretty advanced. They do have temperature control and ballistic weave. They do protect the wearer. But we also figured they have some degree of auto-medic function. The suits are designed to keep you on your feet. They can provide basic medical function but there is a limit. Painkillers. Splinting broken bones. Some basic drug administration. But there is a limit and eventually the suit will alert the wearer they need real medical attention. The suits are biometrically coded - you cannot wear someone elses suit. They have to be carefully calibrated for the wearer.

Catastrophic injuries are another matter. Those cannot be handled by the auto-medic function. I am writing about Veso-R getting run through with a sword by a Warframe. That is too much for his suit to handle. The injury is too severe. He needs immediate medical attention from an actual Doctor

While I know the Corpus have Auto-Docs there is probably a limit to what they can do. Basic injuries can be treated by an auto-doc. Even injuries we might not consider basic. Broken bones. Etc. But severe injuries need an actual doctor. Like the aforementioned run through with a sword. And the Corpus do not have advanced AI.

So we debated if the Corpus would have something like the Star Trek Emergency Medical hologram. But we concluded they do not. Unlike Star Trek the Warframe universe did not focus on advanced AI. In Star Trek you have androids and advanced AI. The Corpus robotics are not very intelligent because there never was the need. The Cephalons make that unnecessary. Add the cloned Grineer and the purpose breed Corpus and manpower is probably cheaper than advanced AI. So while their auto-docs are capable of basic medical they aren't as intelligent as the artificial Doctors in Star Trek. They don't need as many doctors but they do have Corpus medical officers

Or at least that is what my live stream theorized. I have several Corpus characters I created who are medical officers including Doctor Tezzen Toreing who served on Veso-R's ship. Medical Resident/Apprentice Tket Taro, who was being trained by Tezzen. Doctor Yevki, a former Solaris who worked his way out of debt and impressed a senior officer. And Doctor Kanno

Thank you very much. What do you think DE? I spend enough time theorizing on the Corpus 👩‍⚕️

Archived