Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox Rework

(PSN)LK-4T4

Not that she necessarily needs one, but it'd make her more engaging perhaps.
Came to a realization that you can have Equinox in pretty much Composite state when on Day Aspect and you use Gloom on her, like a pocket Night Aspect. But painfully more efficient and effective.
I'd personally like to see something like Ivara's arrows on her abilities. Cycle between, and maybe add a 3rd combo variant.
On the 3rd combo variant thought, my S/O has been playing Fortnite and in that you can select styles of a Skin. It'd be nice to be able to select any of the 3 styles, right? Could finally play in Composite without a bunch of ability complications added?
If her abilities got tweaked, could just go off of the sun-moon themes, right? Recycle some of Frost, Gauss, Wisp?
Personal fantasy of an ult change would be some sort of rising charged - release AOE move. Think "Escanor's Cruel Sun" from The Seven Deadly Sins(anime) and a Spirit Bomb from DBZ(anime). That'd might be a bit much, though. But it'd vary from the Ivara cycle thing. Rennala's Full Moon from Elden Ring(game) for Night Aspect, pretty much, but a D.O.T. team shield/life steal effect on how many enemies hit.
For the Cycling, Composite could just have a higher energy cost and less effectivity, I suppose. I'd be content with that.
Only other thing that I'd push for a rework on would be her Pacify & Provoke Augment being something that should just be part of the ability, feels obligatory for it.

I don't think this is going anywhere, I just wanted to get some thoughts out a bit on my Favorite.
Though thinking currently, I do think it'd be in DE's interest to pursue some reworks like this, or for this. Could just be my Bias, but frames like Equinox and Loki could be more engaging. 
Loki could do more, and Equinox could have more to do
God help them on making Octavia more engaging, though. The only thing I can ponder is inefficient and not very user friendly. Pretty much her abilities to cast would need a quick Shawzin guitar-hero sequence like the Soundweaver's Ult in Skyforge(game). I get some people like idling, and love having efficiency in getting a mission done, but in the end they aren't exactly playing the game, with frames like Octavia or Equinox. It turns into a walking simulator.

Tl;dr? Equinox could be less idle. Love the concept of Equinox, want more engagement. Fashion Frame improvement by Aspect Selection which wouldn't be bad, imo, considering Octavia got a whole eXtra system, among other things easily more complicated.

Can't help but have some kind of hope this actually goes somewhere. Hard not to dream, ha.
Thank you, kindly. Whoever took the time to read what little constructs my mind can put out. You're cool. You're gucci. Love you, and have a wonderfully wonderful day/night  🖤
🌑🌓🌕

11 minutes ago, (PSN)LK-4T4 said:

Personal fantasy of an ult change would be some sort of rising charged - release AOE move. Think "Escanor's Cruel Sun" from The Seven Deadly Sins(anime) and a Spirit Bomb from DBZ(anime). That'd might be a bit much, though. But it'd vary from the Ivara cycle thing. Rennala's Full Moon from Elden Ring(game) for Night Aspect, pretty much, but a D.O.T. team shield/life steal effect on how many enemies hit.

I'm not really sure what these moves are in those games or anime. May be best to Explain Like We're 5, so we have a clear idea what you're building.

Also it might help to structure your idea kind of like how the wiki does. Break down each ability / passive, how it all works under this umbrella of cycling forms - if it changes from the wiki at all. Start off with Metamorphosis: if she's got 3 forms, does that cycle like Ivara's, or tack on a third form to cycle through the way it does? Then once you get that out of the way, you can focus on Rest and Rage, and Pacify and Provoke, so on down the list.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived