is it still possible to become a warframe mod if i had a grand total of 1 chat mute

Ocenau

a little background on the mute first

this mute happened years ago and i was drinking rum, one of my friends convinced me to say nezha is a t*** in general chat and i got muted for 3 days.

even with this infraction is it still possible to get mod status?

I'm almost certain even Rebecca has said something that would get her chat muted and she's now blooming project lead. That said, that you're asking makes me think you might be thinking about this a bit too early. Chillax; it comes up if it comes up.

I also don't think they keep muting records, especially for a first offense years after the fact.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

No, they have all that stuff on record and being a bigot is probably a hard no.

To be fair the OP did say he had a bit to much cider when he said his foolish words, but it's far from the label of bigot and I'm a card caring member of the LGBTQ community and while it's not politically correct to use such terms,  I would need more context before I start throwing out the term "bigot" so loosely.  People say a lot of stupid things, even more so when a bit tipsy, that doesn't make the OP a bigot, just makes him appear lacking in good judgement. I have friends who throw the term"Gay" around a bit too loosely but I know they are not bigots, else, we wouldn't be friends.  I am giving the OP the benefit of the doubt that they are not bigoted and would hope they would be a fair and impartial Mod if they are given the opportunity.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

To be fair the OP did say he had a bit to much cider when he said his foolish words, but it's far from the label of bigot and I'm a card caring member of the LGBTQ community and while it's not politically correct to use such terms,  I would need more context before I start throwing out the term "bigot" so loosely.  People say a lot of stupid things, even more so when a bit tipsy, that doesn't make the OP a bigot, just makes him appear lacking in good judgement. I have friends who throw the term"Gay" around a bit too loosely but I know they are not bigots, else, we wouldn't be friends.  I am giving the OP the benefit of the doubt that they are not bigoted and would hope they would be a fair and impartial Mod if they are given the opportunity.

no one's a fair and impartial mod, tbh, but that's an aside.

Getting drunk doesn't justify what they did, though yea you are right (I say this as another card carrying member of the LGBTQ+ community,) that it doesn't make them a bigot, but slurs like that are still nothing to toss aside as trivial. Whatever the reason, they still did it, and what else can peer pressure get them to do, drunk or not.

I honestly don't think it's impossible to get accepted. They'll see it on the record but if they don't bring it up, it probably is for the best to not mention it.

Edit: And I spent the 90s and early 2000s trying to get my friends to stop using gay as a pejorative, ugh.

Edited by SpicyDinosaur
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

no one's a fair and impartial mod, tbh, but that's an aside.
Getting drunk doesn't justify what they did, though yea you are right (I say this as another card carrying member of the LGBTQ+ community,) that it doesn't make them a bigot, but slurs like that are still nothing to toss aside as trivial. Whatever the reason, they still did it, and what else can peer pressure get them to do, drunk or not.

I honestly don't think it's impossible to get accepted. They'll see it on the record but if they don't bring it up, it probably is for the best to not mention it.

Edit: And I spent the 90s and early 2000s trying to get my friends to stop using gay as a pejorative, ugh.

I completely agree with you that getting drunk does not justify someones actions for saying or doing stupid things.  I just reserve the term bigot for those that have a consistent track record of ignorant comments or actions to provide enough evidence to warrant the label of bigot.  They did the deed and are fessing up to it, so at least the OP is now aware that it's not ok to say hurtful things in a public forum.  There was a very heated discussion in the forums not too long ago, about the term Gay and it being used to mean something bad .  I am a firm believer that it's NOT OK to use it as such because it causes additional stress upon kids, and some adults, struggling to come to terms with their LGBTQ identities and in some extreme cases, suicidal thoughts.  People say its just a word, but a word can have a profound effect upon people that are marginalized throughout the entire world.  Being Gay is punishable by death in some countries.  I still try to encourage anyone I hear using the term Gay in a negative fashion, to not use it as such.  It's just a bad habit that needs to corrected and overtime, I truly think it can happen.  Thanks for your efforts in making people aware of the issue.  It's comforting to know there are other "friends of Dorothy" who play Warframe.

Have a pleasant tomorrow!

• Like 2