Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: OpenSSL Connectivity Issues (FIXED)

[DE]Zach

5 minutes ago, UmbraAtrox said:

6h to arrive, until then it's probably fixed. [DE]Glen said above the problem lies with their network partner, so we probably don't have to wait as long as when DE had an issue. 😝

I have been having this issue for 24+ hours the window has already passed for me, tomorrow I have so much stuff to do I probably can't play beyond just a couple hours. 

5 hours ago, EchoEagle said:

Just got this error.  Gathering logs now.  I sincerely hope I won't miss Baro Ki'teer.

5 hours ago, ToKeSia said:

even u miss it, they probably extended as apology

Baro will bring the same items for the next 3 visits because the cross platform sync "As part of this change, please note that Baro’s inventory will remain the same for his next three visits, until the end of August."

It has happened to me for the 1st time right now at the time of posting this, I was doing sortie 2 mission, just after completition and spawning in my orbiter I was kicked out of the server to the login screen. No warning popped. Tried to log into the game again but I could not. Will wait a couple minutes before trying again.

My internet is ok because I'm writing this right now while listening to music on live.

• 5 months later...

*update*
I received a response with 2 possible ways to resolve the issue, but neither of them worked. One involved making a new new "host file". the second involved entering some new command prompts. Let me know if this worked for anyone else or if you received these solution types.

I wanted to make sure to reply to this and let people know that I am still getting the same issue and as a work around I am using a free VPN and am not getting the error. Meaning whatever tunnels my ISP is using is being by passed by the VPN route, confirming the issue is server side.

9 hours ago, Revrand said:

I wanted to make sure to reply to this and let people know that I am still getting the same issue and as a work around I am using a free VPN and am not getting the error. Meaning whatever tunnels my ISP is using is being by passed by the VPN route, confirming the issue is server side.

Can I get the name of the vpn you are using?

5 hours ago, Revrand said:

Proton VPN, it has a free option. Only reason why I'm using it.

I've used Proton but I can't seem to get a stable connection when I connect to their networks. I've resorted to syncing my game library to GEforcenow and launching my game from there. it works fine which shows that the steam servers are what need work. 

I can't stay logged in for longer than two minutes because of this. I need a fix, or else the game will remain completely inaccessible. 

Error Message as displayed on login page: Login Failed. Could not connect to server. Error: OpenSSL SSL_connect: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. in connection to ToS violation:433

1 hour ago, Brynslustafir said:

I can't stay logged in for longer than two minutes because of this. I need a fix, or else the game will remain completely inaccessible. 

Error Message as displayed on login page: Login Failed. Could not connect to server. Error: OpenSSL SSL_connect: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. in connection to ToS violation:433

I can't even login, I get a message the moment I try to login. It's happened ever since my laptop hard-crashed in the middle of a session.

I'm having the same issue. I have contacted support and they said its wasn't widespread but as I see now it isn't just me. My issues started around the same time as as the rest of people here. Support has sent only 1 email back about a test page and no response yet. I hope they fix it, all my boosters i bought are being wasted rn.

Archived