Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: OpenSSL Connectivity Issues (FIXED)

[DE]Zach

EDIT Aug 12th @ 11:34am ET: Our network partners have confirmed this issue is mitigated. If you are still facing this issue please follow the steps below.

Hi Tenno!

We are currently investigating connectivity issues for users facing ‘OpenSSL SSL_connect’ errors. While this issue does appear to be widespread across the globe, it is only affecting a small group of players.

If you are running into this error, your diagnostic logs would greatly help us identify the issue.

You can find a guide on how to get your logs here:
https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200182250-What-information-should-I-give-when-submitting-a-ticket-

When you have your logs, you can send them to our support team with a description of the issue you are facing, including the keywords ‘Open SSL’ and ‘SSL_connect’:
https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

We are actively working with our network partners and will keep you updated as we track down the root of the problem!

Thanks all!

Thank you for the response!

Unfortunally, when you have this problem you can't access warframe.com, and it is necessary, because the site requires you to log in to submit a request.
Is there any other way to send you the required information? (like a support email, etc)

2 minutes ago, Kaborge said:

Thank you for the response!

Unfortunally, when you have this problem you can't access warframe.com, and it is necessary, because the site requires you to log in to submit a request.
Is there any other way to send you the required information? (like a support email, etc)

We recommend trying a few times to see if you can access warframe.com. If you are unable, feel free to send your logs to community@warframe.com and we can forward to our support team! 

I haven't even been able to login for quite a big window of time. I've sent a support ticket and actually got quite fast responses, and I'm hoping they contact me again, since I want to help this along as much as possible.

I can login now but I'm not going to risk trying any missions or whatever else there is, even if it's a 0.1% chance to get logged out (and thus lose all my progress like I did in that one Railjack mission in R-9 Cloud).

Edit: It's happening again. 22:35 Lisbon

VPSE8Qj.png

Update on this: our network partner has confirmed they have a problem and are working on it.  They say they'll let us know when they have more information. Thank you for your patience with this and thank you very much to those of you who have sent in logs to help us diagnose this problem.

I gave up trying to fix this. It started yesterday after 00:00am and since then it takes a while for me to get in and when I do get in I get disconnected every 5 minutes. I thought it was a punishment on my account, but Forum, website and other warframes are still normal. Tried ipconfig /release etc.... restart moden, TLS 1.0 is already active and nothing works.

uCEcd7v.jpg

7 hours ago, [DE]Zach said:

Hi Tenno!

We are currently investigating connectivity issues for users facing ‘OpenSSL SSL_connect’ errors. While this issue does appear to be widespread across the globe, it is only affecting a small group of players.

If you are running into this error, your diagnostic logs would greatly help us identify the issue.

You can find a guide on how to get your logs here:
https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200182250-What-information-should-I-give-when-submitting-a-ticket-

When you have your logs, you can send them to our support team with a description of the issue you are facing, including the keywords ‘Open SSL’ and ‘SSL_connect’:
https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

We are actively working with our network partners and will keep you updated as we track down the root of the problem!

Thanks all!

Sent in my logs earlier today....still can't connect :(

6 minutes ago, DeathlyDarkling said:

Sent in my logs earlier today....still can't connect :(

I did too but its some kinda weird bug that just happened in the last 24 hours gotta give em some time to fix it as they probably didnt know anything about it till just a handful of hours ago

2 minutes ago, DeathlyDarkling said:

still can't connect :(

same. . . its quite infuriating since I had no problems last night but this morning I got kicked several times, and now I cant even login to the game. I couldn't even submit my logs cause for me even your WEBSITE is down.

I keep getting this error while attempting to login. I have strong network, and the only potential issue I can think of that would pertain to this problem is that I have 2 brothers and we're all playing warframe on the same network. However, this has not been an issue since 2018 (when we first started), and it just happened today when I tried to login. I've restarted the game and my computer several times but to no avail. I can't login to my brother's account either while trying to troubleshoot, so the problem is likely with my computer. 

Sometimes when I restart I am able to login without the error, but after a few minutes, I lose connection and get kicked. When I try to log in again without restarting, the error will show.

This issue started with me yesterday morning (08-10-22.) and as of posting still is whipping my connections but. At this point I'm venting I know I gotta wait but like. I just got an 11-hour affinity booster from logging in, I just built Gyre and was going to grind, all day yesterday and today I can't be logged in for more than 15 minutes (if I get lucky enough to get pass the login screen,) Now I'm worried I will miss Barro and I won't be able to grind anything like I wanted to. Then they're going to hopefully extend barro, but I start my work week Friday so now I have no time to grind or anything; the world doesn't evolve around me I know, but it just sucks that I had all this expectation for my weekend (Wednesday and Thursday,) and I could not enjoy any of it.  

-I wait and send logs. 

Archived